Look what Cody Garbrandt once said about his fight iq

Marlon moraes
And Assuncao too. As little chance as I think he has, he’s earned a shot at the title. Poor bastard has been toiling away for a long while. He even got a finish not too long ago.

I'll admit to pleasure watching Garbrandt's dreams get shattered.

I was on board with him when I heard the cancer kid story but every time he opened his mouth since everything that's come out has been absolutely embarrassing.

No he wouldn't have won if he had IQ.You are probably basing this on Cruz fight but that is just false.

Cody has a tendency to drop his left hand and doesn't move his head as much as he should during exchanges. It's a lot easier said than done to fix a hole like that. Even Cruz stunned him a few times for those flaws.

fb5d2439c3534a31b8719399227b3668.jpg

This is Cody's face after the Cruz fight.Cruz is good but his striking is terrible, Cody slipped and countered his big loopy punches. TJ is a much, much tighter striker, it's a very different fight. Cody is a right hook with a left hook setup, throws them the same every time, he's really good at that combo, but he's never going to top an elite striker with that.TJ is a much harder guy to counter and is excellent when leading and dictating the fight. It allows him to play to his strengths. Cruz, on the other hand, seems to excel most when he gets someone chasing him. I think it's a stylistic difference first and foremost.

Cruz and Dillashaw aren't dissimilar, both enjoy their stance switches and feint at an alarming frequency, but Cruz never engages in the pocket the way TJ does. He's okay with his opponent chasing him, but he invariably either angles away after a counter or two or shoots in. Cruz is a unique fighter but he's also one of the stronger adherents of "all the way in or all the way out", because his unorthodox form serves well to enable his long-range game (jabs, weird straight-arm hooks, long uppercuts, shifting to cover distance) and that long-range game draws an opponent in close for his excellent takedown game, but his loopy form and preference for shifting as he strikes is easily exploited by a tighter boxer when he sticks around in the pocket for long enough.

XFKUy7Z.gif

If there was TJ instead of Cruz.Cody would go night night like he did in the first fight.Or if only Cruz had more power he would have finished Cody.

Look Cody here.He tried exactly what got him KO'd against TJ in the rematch.

H15nhZK.gif

ScalyWideeyedAntbear-size_restricted.gif

Seems familiar doesn't it? Cody looking different against Cruz is a completely false narrative.TJ beats him 9 out of 10.Cody always has a puncher's chance.

I wouldn't call hitting someone clean is having him in trouble tho.It's a fight.Of course he is gonna get hit.
Cruz landed more strikes

And Assuncao too. As little chance as I think he has, he’s earned a shot at the title. Poor bastard has been toiling away for a long while. He even got a finish not too long ago.
Lineker too. He's got a better shot in the rematch with TJ's chin softened up a bit.

He told Dillashaw and Ludwig that they were "chinny" as fuck too.

Kind of ironic now.
I think his chin is better than theirs but that only gets you so far. Won't always save you when you get completely blasted

haha of course, one 10-8 round for Cody, and thats it
Well,you are just wrong

779367cbeaaef28b629d619ffc16467e.png

I scored 1,3,4 for Cody with round 4 being 10-8.So did majority of the people.Cody literally toyed with him, and let him get up from multiple knockdowns.No way Cruz won that fight.

Lineker too. He's got a better shot in the rematch with TJ's chin softened up a bit.
TJs last fight against Lineker was masterclass. If I’m playing matchmaker... I’d go TJ vs Moraes with Assuncao getting the winner. Lineker vs Garbrandt, with Lineker getting a shot if he wins.

Well,you are just wrong

779367cbeaaef28b629d619ffc16467e.png

I scored 1,3,4 for Cody with round 4 being 10-8.So did majority of the people.Cody literally toyed with him, and let him get up from multiple knockdowns.No way Cruz won that fight.
Figthmetric has the true, taunts and dance doesnt matter, just the significant strikes

It would have been better for the division had Cody won absolutely. Because right now TJ is sitting at the top with no challengers. Unless Dominic can get healthy and get back in the mix. Other than that he has nobody really to fight.

Moraes? Assuncao?

There are plenty of guys in that division that have been shut out of the title rotation because the UFC gave Faber and Cody unjustified title shots.

Figthmetric has the true, taunts and dance doesnt matter, just the significant strikes

The stats for Garbrandt/Cruz are a perfect illustration why fight stats can't be used to argue about who the actual winner of a fight is.

Moraes? Assuncao?

There are plenty of guys in that division that have been shut out of the title rotation because the UFC gave Faber and Cody unjustified title shots.

I’m fine with them getting shots but TJ is not talking about any of them. He is talking about fighting Henry or that Dominic should fight one of those guys and then they can have a rematch. He doesn’t seem enthused about giving those guys a title shot.

I’m fine with them getting shots but TJ is not talking about any of them. He is talking about fighting Henry or that Dominic should fight one of those guys and then they can have a rematch. He doesn’t seem enthused about giving those guys a title shot.

Assuncao had two close fights with TJ and has established himself as being a level above of the rest of the division.

Moraes's last two fights were amazing.

TJ not talking about them doesn't mean that they don't deserve title shots. Cruz is still injured, and Cejudo has no business moving to 135.

I like TJ as a fighter, but dude is a hypocritical douchebag. He did all of that crying about how unfairly he was treated when the UFC passed him over for a rematch, but he's totally willing to do the same thing to the rest of the division.

Dom 10-9 in every Round except the 4.. Figthmetric stats
Round 1: Dom outlanded Cody but he landed nothing hard.Cody was the one who landed the harder shots.Effective striking matters.Also Cody took Dom down in that round as far as i remember.Dom did too but Cody scrambled real good.

Round 2: Dom's round

Round 3:As far as i remember that is the round where Cody headkicked Dom and cut him.Like i said effective striking matters.

Round 4:Clearly goes to Cody.Multiple knockdowns.

Round 5:Cody coasted the round so Dom won.

Back