• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Longest combined pound-for-pound reigns

Aldo and Volk for sure, I remember Usman being p4p #1 for a while when Volk was clearly the best fighter in the world, I guess they go off title defenses mainly.

Fighter Days Times Reigns
1. Jon Jones 1,743 165 6
2. Demetrious Johnson 718 75 3
3. Daniel Cormier 418 36 1
4. Kamaru Usman 322 36 1
5. Alexander Volkanovski 237 26 2
6. Jose Aldo 229 22 1
7. Anderson Silva 155 11 1
8. Khabib Nurmagomedov 148 17 1
9. Islam Makhachev 198 15 1

Which is your favourite? Mine are Volk and Makhachev.
IMO USMAN should have never been p4p no 1 while izzy was alive and breathing.

one of those things that makes me think that Ali gets a certain say on these rankings. I know izzy is not managed by Ali but it's complete nonsense that Usman was ever ahead of Izzy.

Aldo and Volk for sure, I remember Usman being p4p #1 for a while when Volk was clearly the best fighter in the world, I guess they go off title defenses mainly.
Marty Usman was never the #1 P4P fighter on earth. They may have lied and claimed he was, but I assure you, he wasn't.

If Bones was more active he could have a bunch more defences
Makhach is coming for that spot now

Maybe I don't understand (must be men only) but shouldn't Amanda Nunes also be on the list. She held the title for over 5 years.

The favorites are Silva and DJ.

Silva because between 2009 and 2012 his title reign was one of the most entertaining in the past 20 years. Watching most of the Anderson Silva title fights were some of the most fun watches in the UFC.

DJ because he is and continues to be the best UFC Flyweight of all time. DJ is only appreciated by harder core fans usually and I still think his second fight with Cejudo was a bad call by the judges.

Mighty Mouse, Anderson, and Jones. Probably in that order.

Fighter DaysTimesReigns
Jon Jones1,7431656
DJ718753
DC418361
Usman322361
Volk237262
Aldo229221
Silva155111
Nurmagomedov148171
Makhachev198151

Which is your favourite? Mine are Volk and Makhachev.
Khabib retiring undefeated and as #1 p4p will always be incredibly special and may never happen again.
Islam following in his footsteps, while beating the incumbent p4p #1 to reach that goal was also really special.

Jones's reign of terror is pretty epic and incredible. He reminds me a lot of Gordon Ryan. So disgusting and so unlikeable and just the WORST as a human, but cayn't no one do nuthin' about it.
<JonesLaugh>
Like, look at that smug mother fucker. <lol><lol><lol><lol>

My favorite PFP fighters on that list are Jones and Silva. I like the cheaters, even though I liked them way before they were caught.

Back