Long time Whey eaters and possible side effects?

jerrylundergard

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ive been eating Whey consistently since the late 90s and had periods off and on of Whey consumption for over 18 years. Since 2000 I have been a damn regular consumer of whey getting around 30g every 4 hours nearly religiously. I guess around 180g per day at 215bw. If I get a chance to eat steak or chicken I obviously skip the Whey shake.

I never thought anything of it till today when I was talking to a nurse practitioner that was working on her PHD at the excercise science center at University of Miami. She saw me sucking down a shake and when asked I basically spilled the beans that im psychotic with my whey consumption and she began to tell me that the glomuler filtration is effected because the amino acids are large and punish the tubule deals as they pass. She was talking about over consumption I think on a meal basis. She seemed pretty certain that it would effect my kidneys. So Ive looked all over the internets and it seems to be wrong but im just wondering how a lady that high up could be wrong? Maybe shes dealing with sick patients that have kidney issues.

Anyhow, Im wondering if any longtime religous whey users here have noticed anything funny with their kidneys or pissing or anything? I had a BUN done a year ago and I asked the nurse at that time how come my BUN was 1 point over the normal range and she and the doc said not to worry about it. I was told a little high BUN is normal for people that eat protein consistently.

If any of you have any ideas or recent research on this topic it would be interesting to check out.

I will tell you now, there is no doubt in my mind that, that is to much whey. none of my clients go above 40 a day.

That's not too much, and it shouldn't do damage to your kidneys unless you have a congenital condition.

Its not so much a kidney issue to me.

never heard of this either, but one shouldn't rely on whey imo. it is still a processed supp, can't be as good as fresh chicken breast.

but you've def been using whey a long ass time. If you're not feeling anything now, i doubt you will ever.

You'd be surprised how much "fresh" chicken breast is also processed.

Well the one health topic I see brought up time to time with whey is the use of artificial sweeteners.

I've noticed increases in muscle mass and weight gain since I started taking whey.

Well the one health topic I see brought up time to time with whey is the use of artificial sweeteners.

Meh, weak argument.

Ive been eating Whey consistently since the late 90s and had periods off and on of Whey consumption for over 18 years. Since 2000 I have been a damn regular consumer of whey getting around 30g every 4 hours nearly religiously. I guess around 180g per day at 215bw. Iout.

how much is your whey protein bill for the month? I had to cut down recently, cuz the shit is so expensive now.

When you guys say like "40g of whey", are you referring to a 40g scoop or 40g of protein from whey?

I am saying 40 grams of protein from whey a day

Do you have any info on this?

Typical factory farming practices. Frankenchickens.

true, but what about "free range, organic" or grain fed?"

True, but always remember using whey and other protein sources in shake or liquid form is a matter of convenience for most people. They just WON'T take the time to prepare sufficient meals, and frankly the way modern culture in America is, no one should expect them to.

I am just saying to use other protein sources besides whey. That much of anything isn't really a good thing IMO

lol Yes Vedic I got it.

I have been purposefully not arguing with you. Personally I've never seen much wrong with more than that save for possible mud-butt, but I can't disagree with the use of other sources either (unless we delve into the whole soy for males thing, and let's keep Luba out of it).

Back