London's Murder Epidemic

If we assume New York and London are the same in terms of violent crime then there are 23 other states in the US that are more violent than London. Our most "violent" city is equal to only the 24th most violent in USA.
London is safer than nearly half of USA. The rest of the UK even safer.

So yeah, when it comes to violence USA is far worse. Just look at New Mexico, Alaska and cities like Chicago.
Did you mean Alabama?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London

Crime was high as shit in the 90s and 2000s comparatively to now (160 to 190 yearly total) before dipping in year 2006. It dropped below 100 by year 2012 hovered in the 80s till 2015 before climbing above 100..

so yeah good luck trying to find a pattern year to year.. lol
How do those numbers line up with weather patterns? They've had an unusually decent summer this year, well, by UK standards anyways. Only half kidding, and only because June and July saw a dip in murders. Otherwise my theory would be as valid as any other, dammit! Lol

Alaska has an extremely frightening suicide rate as well, especially among indigenous peoples

My wife spent a year up there working at a "college" who's sole purpose was to try and prevent their 20% suicide rate after highschool in that area. Super depressing, and actually messed her up a bit coming back from that (this all before I met her). Crazy high teen pregnancy rate as well, pretty much the social norm to get knocked up ages 15-19 and drop out of whatever you were doing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London

Crime was high as shit in the 90s and 2000s comparatively to now (160 to 190 yearly total) before dipping in year 2006. It dropped below 100 by year 2012 hovered in the 80s till 2015 before climbing above 100..

so yeah good luck trying to find a pattern year to year.. lol
Lol? How is ANYTHING about that funny?

In my opinion there are many reasons why this is taking place. I'm not making excuses for it, some people are just shitty human beings, but if we're to understand why this is happening then we have to look at what could be the cause of it.

Cuts to youth services: In 2010 London youth services were drastically cut by the conservative government. Youth clubs, football clubs, after school clubs etc were closed due to cuts. Kids who used those services were then left out on the street. The cuts have been given as a reason for why so many youths took to the streets during the London riots. The youths felt the government didn't care about them so many of them felt why should they care anymore?

There has always been gangs but I believe the cuts to youth services has increased the severity of gangs in London. Instead of going to the youth club or football club, they now hang out on their estate instead and make it their own club. And I think that's where a lot of this gang mentality stems from.

Low prospects. A lot of the youths in London don't see many prospects for them. There's not enough training. apprenticeships or jobs for young people. They also see how wealthy other Londoners are but see no way of being in a similar position unless it's by selling drugs or robbing people.

Social media: Today's generation of kids have grown up on social media. Their lives are shaped by what they see on social media. They see people they want to emulate who've made what they see as a better life for themselves by selling drugs.

Social media has also made it easier for rival gangs to engage each other online and this has ended in people being killed.

Drug dealing (county lines): Drug dealing and the control of the drug trade in certain areas is one fo the reasons for the escalation of violent crime in the captital. Young people are getting involved in drug dealing and are being used to control the county drug lines that run from London to the neighbouring counties. Very young kids are getting involved with gangs who control the drugs and they literally grow up around drug dealing from a young age. And I'm talking about hard drugs like crack and heroin. When you;re involved in dealing those type of drugs violence is to be expected. The youngsters feel they need to be armed so they use the drug money they've earned to buy weapons like knives and guns.

UK Drill rap: In the UK violence has never been associated with a music scene like there is now with drill music. Drill rap originally started in Chicago but is now a popular rap genre in the UK. To be a "real" drill artist you need to have been involved in criminal activity. The more violent crimes you've commited the more of a legit drill rapper you are.

London gangs are making music where they talk about the criminal activity they've done. Many of them cover their faces as not to be recognized by rival gangs or by police etc. They will throw out their gang name but hide their face and identity. In drill music they'll also call out rival gangs or mock rival gang members who've been shot/stabbed or killed.

One thing about dril rap is how it's become so popular online. Some videos have literally millions of hits. And the main audience isn't black youths in London council estates. Just like american hip hop their audience is mostly white suburban kids. And because of the popularity of drill the gangs see it as a way of being successful and expressing themselves, but because of the nature of drill that includes gang activity and violence that often leads to death.

Incognito, the guy who got killed yesterday even said that drill music does contribute to the violence being seen on the streets today.

These are just some of my opinions as to why there's been such a high rise of murders in London lately.

Last edited:
Lol? How is ANYTHING about that funny?
I don't presume to speak for him, but the complete lack of predictability and bucking all attempts to make sense of trends that aren't there gives me a chuckle at my own inadequacy, and not a laugh at the situation itself.

If it's gang bangers killing each other other who cares.

It's the lifestyle they choose.

it tends to spill out. turns out gangbangers have the same ROE as cops in the USA.

Clearly a lack of after school programs and basketball courts.

Alaska has an extremely frightening suicide rate as well, especially among indigenous peoples

My wife spent a year up there working at a "college" who's sole purpose was to try and prevent their 20% suicide rate after highschool in that area. Super depressing, and actually messed her up a bit coming back from that (this all before I met her). Crazy high teen pregnancy rate as well, pretty much the social norm to get knocked up ages 15-19 and drop out of whatever you were doing

This is true, it’s sad. I’ve always thought part of the problem was government handouts and. Active corporation checks, these people get enough $$$ that they really don’t need to work or even finish high school, where I was living most of them even qualified for free houses and got credits for heating oil so they didn’t even have to pay rent....this is out in the Bush, so where’s the motivation?!? Why go into anchorage and study, work, pay rent when you can live in a village where there’s nothing but an adfg office, post office and a school with like 12 kids???? Then you find yourself in you’re late 20s early 30s still in a place like that having accomplished nothing, no prospects, not even enough education to get the Post office job or work as a school aide.

At the adfg office I worked in, we would cash checks for the natives (just part of some arrangement that’s been in place for decades) and on a daily basis there would be anywhere from 5 to 20 people in there to cash these native corporation share holder checks. I hate to say it but 99% of that money was spent on candy and alcohol. When the big checks came in, people would charter flights into king salmon and buy thousands of dollars of booze and bring it back to the villages and everybody in town would be on a bender for like 2 weeks, fights, rapes, stabbings, break ins. State troopers would be there on a daily basis to deal with shit.....all because of this free money and no reason to do anything than booze it up.

It was pretty sad, we actually used to buy lots of extra food with our orders (out of our own pockets) to give to the kids in the village because their parents were too fucked up to bother feeding their kids.

It was also pretty common for people to cash these checks for like 300 dollars then go over to the school store and spend it all on candy bars, chips and sodas and give it to their kids as “dinner” or whatever.

It’s pretty fucked and I really believe free money and housing has been and will be the down fall of lots of native villages in AK.

In my opinion there are many reasons why this is taking place. I'm not making excuses for it, some people are just shitty human beings, but if we're to understand why this is happening then we have to look at what could be the cause of it.

Cuts to youth services: In 2010 London youth services were drastically cut by the conservative government. Youth clubs, football clubs, after school clubs etc were closed due to cuts. Kids who used those services were then left out on the street. The cuts have been given as a reason for why so many youths took to the streets during the London riots. The youths felt the government didn't care about them so many of them felt why should they care anymore?

There has always been gangs but I believe the cuts to youth services has increased the severity of gangs in London. Instead of going to the youth club or football club, they now hang out on their estate instead and make it their own club. And I think that's where a lot of this gang mentality stems from.

Low prospects. A lot of the youths in London don't see many prospects for them. There's not enough training. apprenticeships or jobs for young people. They also see how wealthy other Londoners are but see no way of being in a similar position unless it's by selling drugs or robbing people.

Social media: Today's generation of kids have grown up on social media. Their lives are shaped by what they see on social media. They see people they want to emulate who've made what they see as a better life for themselves by selling drugs.

Social media has also made it easier for rival gangs to engage each other online and this has ended in people being killed.

Drug dealing (county lines): Drug dealing and the control of the drug trade in certain areas is one fo the reasons for the escalation of violent crime in the captital. Young people are getting involved in drug dealing and are being used to control the county drug lines that run from London to the neighbouring counties. Very young kids are getting involved with gangs who control the drugs and they literally grow up around drug dealing from a young age. And I'm talking about hard drugs like crack and heroin. When you;re involved in dealing those type of drugs violence is to be expected. The youngsters feel they need to be armed so they use the drug money they've earned to buy weapons like knives and guns.

UK Drill rap: In the UK violence has never been associated with a music scene like there is now with drill music. Drill rap originally started in Chicago but is now a popular rap genre in the UK. To be a "real" drill artist you need to have been involved in criminal activity. The more violent crimes you've commited the more of a legit drill rapper you are.

London gangs are making music where they talk about the criminal activity they've done. Many of them cover their faces as not to be recognized by rival gangs or by police etc. They will throw out their gang name but hide their face and identity. In drill music they'll also call out rival gangs or mock rival gang members who've been shot/stabbed or killed.

One thing about dril rap is how it's become so popular online. Some videos have literally millions of hits. And the main audience isn't black youths in London council estates. Just like american hip hop their audience is mostly white suburban kids. And because of the popularity of drill the gangs see it as a way of being successful and expressing themselves, but because of the nature of drill that includes gang activity and violence that often leads to death.

Incognito, the guy who got killed yesterday even said that drill music does contribute to the violence being seen on the streets today.

These are just some of my opinions as to why there's been such a high rise of murders in London lately.

Agree with all that.

I just want to add to my previous post. Another important factor in all of this is fatherless children. Too many men are having children and leaving the mother. The mother is then left trying to do the job of both parents and the child is left without a male role model. So the kids turn to the elders in the gang and emulate their behaviour.

Someone dig up that thread where various SJW's were saying that London is safe . Just because they themselves hadnt seen anyone stabbed.
Sadiq Khan is like the guy in Chicago. Overseeing a massive murder spree and useless police force weakened by funding cutbacks.

The EU have decided to let the third world hordes invade us and look what happens.
I just saw this video filmed in Barcelona. Imagine something like this happening in a place of high culture.

Incognito killed a 15 year old boy and somehow got away with it in trail. Then he mocked the boys family. I really hope it was a slow death and he suffered

Incognito killed a 15 year old boy and somehow got away with it in trail. Then he mocked the boys family. I really hope it was a slow death and he suffered

That's fucked up. Some demonic shit going on with these youths.

91 murders in 7 months for an entire country?

giphy.gif

Not saying it’s minorities and foreigners...
but it’s minorities and foreigners

Back