Lombard tweets at Brown, not impressed with him

Lombard has the counters and takedowns to stop Brown in his tracks. Brown is a beast and I'm a fan, but Lombard is a bad matchup for him. Cardio won't be an issue because Lombard can just get an easy TD and then stall in Brown's guard.

That body kick would have killed a normal man but I think if Brown couldn't even block that, imagine what Lombard is going to hit him with

Yes! This could even be a Main event or co Main event on a free card.

There are no Hector Lombard fans in this thread. Just Matt Brown haters.

You got less than 5 minutes to get it done, Hector. After that, Matt Brown isn't impressed with your cardio.

lol at all the complaints about Brown getting hated on. Picking Lombard (who is a pretty obvious pick considering the style clash) doesn't mean you're hating on Brown.

I will be pulling for Brown all the way, but I think Hector takes it.

okami_lombard_ufc_fuel_8.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

This is where we separate the men from the boys. Are you capable of changing your game plan to defeat your opponent or are you going to be a one trick pony and fight everyone the same.

If I was Brown I would engage the clinch early and drive him into the fence. He needs to give Lombard no space and at the same time make him work hard. Drill for strikes against the cage.. lean on him.. go for takedowns. Then as Lombard starts to slow down you start to fight with him.

The more Brown forces Lombard to work the more Brown is at an advantage. He has a huge cardiovascular advantage and he may as well attempt to start to make that the story of the fight early and often while getting inside and leaving no room for Lombard to create distance and use his explosive speed.

If Brown is very smart? He could win this. He needs to slow Lombard down early enough to potentially either A. Finish the fight late or B. Be in position to at least take the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If he can slow Lombard down enough in the 1st round there is a chance he could still win the 2nd and 3rd but if he let's Lombard pace himself he could be in serious trouble and might have to go for a late stoppage which isn't where you want to be.. taking chances and pressing to finish a Lombard..

You don't just clinch Lombard and drive him to the cage. The guys an Olympian and freakishly strong. If anyone could grind him down it would of been shields (much better grappler than brown and just as strong if not stronger). Okami didn't even use that tactic at MW.

The best way to beat Lombard is to out strike him with reach (and use your size to protect yourself from getting taken down and finished).

Not many WW's will be able to do what okami and tim b did that's for sure.

are you serious? what the hell is the point of this picture you absolute moron

is matt brown's style remotely like okami?

is matt brown even close to the same size as okami (one of the biggest, strongest MWs)?

did okami not almost get ko'ed in the final round of that fight anyway?

since we're talking about irrelevant fights. matt brown got choked out by seth baczynski and brian foster.

I'm not so much a Lombard fan per se as there just is no way to disregard the sick power and speed he has. And he is patient. Someone who likes to go forward like Brown might be playing right into Lonbards hands

Like someone else just said, if Brown beat Lombard I would be beyond sold. And I am a Brown fan. But come on, is there anybody who can't wait to see one of their favorite fighters fight Lombard? The guy is scary as fuck

He's right. That fight was fun to watch. Not impressive at all though, dude almost got finished twice.

There are no Hector Lombard fans in this thread. Just Matt Brown haters.

You got less than 5 minutes to get it done, Hector. After that, Matt Brown isn't impressed with your cardio.

Exactly what I was thinking...minus the cool presentation.

Lombard = top 5

So in other words, no chance for Brown.

How can this fight NOT happen? Not only is it a great matchup in terms of entertainment value, but it's the obvious fight to make for the next title shot.

Back