Lombard tweets at Brown, not impressed with him

Lombard got this! Hopefully the fight happens sooner rather than later.

Good fight if it happens. Despite having a spotty UFC run so far, Hector is a good measuring stick to see if Brown deserves a top contender or even a title shot.

I think Hector hurts him bad standing and has the killer instinct to finish him.

Hector would have to finish him early, he has the better technique and throws but I don't think he could handle the pace.

Lombard via steamroll.

If Brown pulled off the upset, I would never doubt him ever again.

There are no Hector Lombard fans in this thread. Just Matt Brown haters.

You got less than 5 minutes to get it done, Hector. After that, Matt Brown isn't impressed with your cardio.

I hope Brown proves the doubters wrong again and beats Lombard!

People think its going to be an easy fight for Lombard even if its a 5 rounder?

Im done underestimating Brown and theres no way a gassed Lombard would take Brown to the ground as easily as he took Shields down. Then again people here always forget that STRIKING is a part of td and tdd.

Lombard wont be able to initiate the clinch on his own terms and take Brown down from the clinch as easily as Shields.

Please book this fight its very intriguing.

Brown better hold one forearm in front of stomach and the other in front of liver otherwise I don't see this ending well for Brown.

I see what people are saying that this is a bad stylistic match up for Brown and it is. I have to have Lombard as a favorite but to say it's an easy fight is very short sighted. Matt Brown is NEVER an easy fight and if Lombard isn't careful he may end up on the floor in a scramble and have matt brown gas him out and hurt him there.

If brown can survive the early barrage and be effective scrambling and in the clinch he could very well win this fight. I think 3 rounds is a bit of a disadvantage for brown here I think if it was a 5 round fight I acctually may of considered favoring him but in 3 rounds even if he survives the storm early he may find out he couldnt turn the tide fast enough to win a decision.

Problem with Matt Browne is that he's too easy to land a shot on...and with Lombard that's all he needs.

Brown is either winning the UD or TKOing Lombard

Back