Lombard tweets at Brown, not impressed with him

Good ol' fashioned Sport Fan Elitism. Some people can't bring themselves to root for someone who might not be "elite." They want to root for front runners, not underdogs.

Mark it, folks. This is the most succinct description of Sherdog I've ever seen.

Make the fight. Both need a top opponent and neither have one yet.

this fight makes a lot of sense, probably will get announced in a few weeks

Well I guess if a guy with Lombards killer instinct and mental toughness says brown isn't impressive - sorry, I'm starting to laugh at the mental toughness thing already... let me start over...

Good fight if it happens. Despite having a spotty UFC run so far, Hector is a good measuring stick to see if Brown deserves a top contender or even a title shot.

I think Hector hurts him bad standing and has the killer instinct to finish him.

Lombard isn't a top contender at WW? I would see this as a title eliminator.

Hector yet again attempting to cherrypick.

Brown will drown him if he can avoid being finished early.

He has two fights at WW against Marquardt and Shields.

People don't cherry pick fights against Jake Shields.

Easy win for Lombard. I thought Brown was a beast until the last fight when he nearly lost to Erick Silva by a body kick. I think Lombard would murder him.

Amazed with so much people picking Brown, Sherdog buy hype so easy.
Lombard is superior if the fight is on trade blows, its in the clinch, or its in the ground.

Lombard only really lost the fight against Okami in the last 8 years. Finished over 20 guys in that time, many of them better than anyone Brown has ever beat.
Just the cardio agument is like nothing, if Lombard is better than the opponent in the feet or can outgrapple him, he will win, because has the killer instinct and also knows to play a conservative mode and to dominate a fight, Lombard is not just the hightlights.
The cardio could prevent him from go to the finish, or if he has to overcome a guy that is actually dominating him and need to push the pace, as prevented him against Okami.

A very technical striker can beat Lombard in the feet, I don't think so by Brown nor by chin and heavy hands.
At MW, some top grapplers can also beat Lombard by taking him to the ground and working the top position, I don't think so at WW, maybe HendricKs?

Easy win for Lombard. I thought Brown was a beast until the last fight when he nearly lost to Erick Silva by a body kick. I think Lombard would murder him.

Ever been hit in the liver? Less of a beast would have folded, possibly, on the first one and even more likely on the second one.

RashFlamboyantDiplodocus.gif
'

That would have hurt anybody.

Lombard is a short mofo. Every punch he threw would be at Brown's midsection. Papa Shango by liver TKO.

You'd have to be absolutely delusional to pick Brown.

Would have preferred brown vs diaz, but this fight is a close second.

Lombard gonna derail the hypetrain

Back