Lombard or Romero, which Cuban Olympian has the better shot at winning a UFC title?

Islam Imamate

Master of sports in Moderation.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Right now I think MW is deeper so I think Lombard has a better shot but Romero has looked like such a beast recently.

Romero has that fighting spirit and will never give up. Rory will make Hector look like an amateur if that fight happens.

Lombard, if he can get his movement together and learn to Jab! I think welterweight has less killers , almost everyone in the top 5 would crush him, Rockholdt, Machida, Weidman, Jacare and Vitor.

I would be pretty surprised to hear news that either of them were competing for a UFC title, to be honest with you.

Lombard - assuming they don't makes Hendricks-Lawler 4 and 5 before letting other contenders get a chance.

You think MW is deeper? MW is top heavy. I think neither have a good chance due to their age. I think I'd give the edge to lombard though.

I would be pretty surprised to hear news that either of them were competing for a UFC title, to be honest with you.

Lombard should have already if there wasn't an injury and an unneeded trilogy. I'd say aside from Rory he is 2nd in line right now.

Lombard should have already if there wasn't an injury and an unneeded trilogy. I'd say aside from Rory he is 2nd in line right now.
For doing what, exactly? Dominating Jake Shields for five minutes and coasting ten? Marquardt and Burkman arent elite WWs, lets not kid ourselves here. I'd say if Lombard beats Rory he deserves it, but I don't think he will.

For doing what, exactly? Dominating Jake Shields for five minutes and coasting ten? Marquardt and Burkman arent elite WWs, lets not kid ourselves here. I'd say if Lombard beats Rory he deserves it, but I don't think he will.

So who besides Rory are you giving the next shot to? That Shields beatdown was impressive.

Condit - overrated
T-Wood just got smoked by Rory and ducked Hector
Matt Brown - Lombard will kill
Gastellum - less deserving and he lost to Story on the ever prestigious Meathead Jock scorecard.

Rory will beat Hector if that fight happens.

MW is pretty stacked too.

I dunno. I don't see either guy getting a shot.

Cuban athletes are among the best in the world, but you seriously need more than freakish athleticism to get too the top in this sport, contrary to popular belief.

Lombard has the better chance because the welterweight champ is more beatable than the middleweight champ. IMO

WW is definitely deeper but MW has a better champion. I don't see either guy pulling it off TBH

Romero for sure. I truly believe he has a chance against anyone in the top 5. I don't think Lombard gets past anyone in the top 5.

Probably Lombard. Though I don't see it happening.

Right now I think MW is deeper so I think Lombard has a better shot but Romero has looked like such a beast recently.

I think Lombard has the better chance either Johny or Robbie have heaps of weak spots that play into Lombards strength . Romero would have no chance against The Chris but I give Romero heaps of praise for guts in a fight for someone to literally shit themselves and still go on to win is impressive.

Back