Lombard or Romero, which Cuban Olympian has the better shot at winning a UFC title?

Lombard. Romero doesn't have the gas tank to go 3 rounds, nevermind 5

I say Lombard, but the thing that scares me is that Lombard looked way too patient in his last fight. I didn't even see any Judo attacks; not even a footsweep.

WW is a garbage fire right now (and kinda always has been imo). So I'd say Lombard has a much better shot.

Romero has a murderer's row in front of him.

While MW looks deeper atm than WW, I still pick Romero over Lombard. My reasoning is that the few technically sound guys like Rory and Hendricks are much more of insurmountable obstacles for Lombard than the whole of MW contenders are for Romero. Romero just has tools which will not be surpassed at MW in the near future (power + wrestling - wrestling only being suspect to Weidmans) which can be used to beat the top guys. This while Lombard doesn't seem that much ahead of other top guys in any way. Also, I don't really see Lombard having an answer for the overall soundnes of Rory for example (or anyone willing to come in with a gameplan to stretch out the fight and get a boring dec).

Let Lombard fight Woodley after all the shit talking and see how he does against a great wrestler with explosive power

Lombard won't win a 5 round fight against a top guy.

Neither have a chance. Jacare will submit Romero and Rory will pick apart the oversized umpaloompa that is, Lombard.

Lombard. Romero doesn't have the gas tank to go 3 rounds, nevermind 5

I think I could reverse the names and the sentence would make just as much sense. Neither have good cardio, but Romero always has KO power.

Lombard either gets the finish in the 1st or wins by decision cause he doesn't have much left late in 3 round fights...at least since he joined the UFC.

Lombard's more complete and WW has more stocky wrestler-type opponents, which suit his style better than strikers with TDD suit Romero's.

Romero is all around better, but so is the division he's in (at least at the top).

Don't think either will win a belt.

Romero, imo. Lombard loses to Rory and Lawler.

WW is a garbage fire right now (and kinda always has been imo). So I'd say Lombard has a much better shot.

Romero has a murderer's row in front of him.

you're crazy if you think WW isn't the first or second deepest division in the UFC

Lombard, not because he's better but because welterweight doesn't have Weidman.

Romero has a much higher ceiling than Lombard, but is simply too old to realize it. Lombard is technically deficient in the striking category, to the nth degree. Likely neither will attain gold (but Romero has a better shot).

Romero has that fighting spirit and will never give up. Rory will make Hector look like an amateur if that fight happens.

Lmao.

Rory got spaghetti legged by Robbie. Lombard is more aggressive, faster, stronger, won't be taken down and has vicious knockout power.

If Rory does anything except run away like Burkman did, he's likely to get stiffened.

Romero has no shot of beating the top MW`s and Lombard would get schooled by Rory`s combination of striking and reach, having to one shot KO him.

So, none.

Back