Lombard is scary

vincent80

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just seen the Palharas KO (I know I'm way late) and wow. But since Lombard is nearing the end of his prime subjectively because he's getting up there in age. I think they should kind of fast track him to a title shot. Give him the loser of Bisping/Vitor and then title shot if he wins that fight.

I think he should be fast tracked to the title. They might even give it to him if Vitor beats Bisping.

I haven't followed his career that much. The only thing I'm not sure about is his chin. An iron chin is mandatory if you hope to get anywhere near Anderson.

The biggest question was whether all that hype could be translated in the UFC. It's been answered, time to push him again. but he did lose some momentum though

Lombard hasnt talked enough trash to be considered "relevant". Didnt you get the memo?

The jury is still too far out for a fast track to the title.

Solid win over Paul Harris, no doubt, but other than that there's the Boetsch hiccup.

If he can beat another 2 top guys and Boetsch, then I wouldn't mind him getting a title shot.

Of course, the landscape will have changed by then and other guys would have done big things also.

What if Weidman smashes Tim?

I haven't followed his career that much. The only thing I'm not sure about is his chin. An iron chin is mandatory if you hope to get anywhere near Anderson.

His chin is solid. If I'm not mistaken he hasn't been knocked down.

I still haven't seen the KO but he is one scary dude.
I mean that dude is VIOLENT.
Hector Lombard is FORREAL.

lol lose a fight looking like arse, win your next fight impressively. I think that makes you even.

Winning one more against a top 5 will give him a shot. Id love to see him vs Weidman.

I think no. I believe he's the kind of guy who looks good when he wins but I don't believe he'll reach Anderson. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he gets stopped before he reaches AS. I'd put money that Wiedman would wreck him, and so would Okami. Belcher would be a really good fight. We'll see. A lot of interesting fights.

I just seen the Palharas KO (I know I'm way late) and wow. But since Lombard is nearing the end of his prime subjectively because he's getting up there in age. I think they should kind of fast track him to a title shot. Give him the loser of Bisping/Vitor and then title shot if he wins that fight.

dude is scary . powerful

I think no. I believe he's the kind of guy who looks good when he wins but I don't believe he'll reach Anderson. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he gets stopped before he reaches AS. I'd put money that Wiedman would wreck him, and so would Okami. Belcher would be a really good fight. We'll see. A lot of interesting fights.

Not Okami. Lombard has a much better Judo pedigree than Okami and a lower centre of gravity as well as being more heavily muscled. Okami loses that fight IMO. Weidman is somewhat an unproven entity at this point. I would like to see him put on the slow boil as he clearly has the potential to be great. Whether or not he would wreck Lombard is anyone's guess. I don't think it is as clear cut as you think. Judo players have great balance and as a consequence great TDD so Weidman might struggle to get the take down and Lombard is scary standing.

I agree, a fight with Belcher would be great, because Belcher against anyone is usually a good fight.

I think Lombard is about to tear through the middleweight division TBH but my hunches have been very wrong in the past (I was convinced BJ was going to destroy R Mac)

He blew his chances against Boetsch. It's going to take more than beating Paul Harris to get that title shot. I'm all for striking when the iron is hot and all that, but he really messed things up in his first attempt in the UFC. He will need at least one more impressive outing for him to get anywhere near another opportunity.

The jury is still too far out for a fast track to the title.

Solid win over Paul Harris, no doubt, but other than that there's the Boetsch hiccup.

If he can beat another 2 top guys and Boetsch, then I wouldn't mind him getting a title shot.

Of course, the landscape will have changed by then and other guys would have done big things also.

What if Weidman smashes Tim?

Weidman won't smash Tim because he isn't fighting Tim.

Back