Lombard is scary

I just seen the Palharas KO (I know I'm way late) and wow. But since Lombard is nearing the end of his prime subjectively because he's getting up there in age. I think they should kind of fast track him to a title shot. Give him the loser of Bisping/Vitor and then title shot if he wins that fight.

I'm sure fast tracking him was the plan until the Boestch upset but one or two more good wins, especially if they are highlight reel KOs like the last and he'll be in there... Silva has cleared out the whole MW division pretty hard so they are looking for contenders.

Vitor would beat him imo. The KO against Palhares was sick though.

Anderson destroys lombard on his worst night. lombard is too short and anderson is too good. being short is ok if ur a grappler/bjj guy. not as a striker. anderson is frickin huge!! he walks around at 230 easy.

Meh, he's too short. Anyone who's well-rounded and who has height and reach on him is going to give Hector problems. His fight witj Boetsch was horrible because really he has nothing for a bigger, more well-rounded opponent. I'm still not a believer in Lombard at all.

The jury is still too far out for a fast track to the title.

Solid win over Paul Harris, no doubt, but other than that there's the Boetsch hiccup.

If he can beat another 2 top guys and Boetsch, then I wouldn't mind him getting a title shot.

Of course, the landscape will have changed by then and other guys would have done big things also.

What if Weidman smashes Tim?

i hope youve told dana he might have the go ahead.

Meh, he's too short. Anyone who's well-rounded and who has height and reach on him is going to give Hector problems. His fight witj Boetsch was horrible because really he has nothing for a bigger, more well-rounded opponent. I'm still not a believer in Lombard at all.

he would be devastating for guys his size though

He's definitely a tough guy, but IMO these guys would put a beating on him:

-Anderson
-Weidman
-Bisping
-Belfort

I say give him the winner of Okami/Belcher, and if he wins that fight a title eliminator.

Why not have him fight munoz? That way when lombard destroys him, Weidmans hype train will slow down, and Lombard's will catch up. Then they can fight eachother for #1 contender!

he would be devastating for guys his size though

That's probably true . . . Which is why he destroyed Palhares I guess. But there aren't that many small guys at MW - and I never believed in Roussimar for the same reasons.

Palhares was running scared the entire fight. Where was the Palhares that fought Hendo?! All I saw was a couple of kicks and then him running away until he got put away. No sub attempts, no TDs, not a single punch. Not really a fight imo.

Lombard is good, and he'd do we'll against many of the MW top 10. I think he beat Boetsch, even if it was by default because he did something while Boetsch did nothing.

As far as when he should fight Anderson, it would depend on how things shake out over the next little while with Weidmann, Okami, Belcher, Bisping and Belfort. If Belfort beats Bisping I don't think he will get another shot, he'd need another good win, so maybe that's Lombards opening.

his ko over treestump is what the ufc wanted

id love to see the bisping fight, but reading he might get the next shot im not so sure

I don't think he'd stand a chance against AS. The problem is that all he throws is hooks while any technical striker is going to throw straight punches and have a big advantage and much less to worry about.

So basically he has a puncher's chance. Like Hardy and GSP.

His chin is solid. If I'm not mistaken he hasn't been knocked down.

He has at least once against Joey G. but I haven't seen him take enough heavy shots to make a decision. Never knocked out in that many fights makes it hard to think it's weak though.

Because nobody has ever knocked out Palhares. Lombard loses to Vitor, Bisping, Wiedman, maybe Belcher, Boetsch, and without a doubt Silva. He rode a Bellator hype train into the octagon and is now a very well paid fringe top ten guy.

Michael Bisbing disagrees...thought he was being punked in the elevator when he found out Hector was 5ft 4 or something.

Back