Loma vs Lopez was a clear draw!

I've never heard missed-punches make so much noise or cause so much discoloration.
"see, the bruise around Loma's left ribcage is getting red from Teofimo's punches Andre"

"right but as we all know the IBF belt is RED Tim, this is a pretty clear sign that Loma's going to win Teofimo's IBF belt. I had that a 10-9 for Lomachenko"

what the what? Am I missing something? I don’t recall seeing him in years .

your gonna have to explain this
I was just pointing to him because he talked about the lower weight classes so much. He occasionally pops in but yeah generally speaking not particularly prominent anymore.

I was just pointing to him because he talked about the lower weight classes so much. He occasionally pops in but yeah generally speaking not particularly prominent anymore.

He was reg in the RBRs I would guess for 7 or 8 years. That fool needs to be more present

"Loma did not land any punches, and he did not control the ring, but he really downloaded information really well. That's going to pay dividends later. 10-9, Loma."
Maybe 10-8 really, I mean he clearly downloaded a lot of information.

Yeah, I heard some fans, Andre Ward, and Teddy Atlas saying they gave Loma round 2. I thought, "Man, maybe I missed something."

I didn't. At all. I was actually more dumbfounded after re-watching the round that people consider it a close round. You watch the round, and your eyes tell you Lopez walked away with it in every aspect of the scoring criteria. Then you check the punch-stats, and while obviously flawed, they show Lopez walked away with it as well.

Maybe some people don't count bodywork? If you completely discount body work, maybe it was a close round? But then again, that wouldn't be how you score boxing, lol.
People were watching Lomachenko, not the fight. "Come on.... land something..... OMG, HE LANDED SOMETHING! He clearly won this round!"

I honestly wanted to break my TV (or my friends TV) whenever I heard somebody make some obnoxious matrix/cybertech reference. I didn't like Loma at first but have grown to like/respect and appreciate him more since his fights at SFW, but good lord the dude has the entire boxing industry kissing his ass and it doesn't do him any favors. Can we just treat him like a normal guy with a great boxing ability? He's not a cyborg or Keanu Reeves. It felt like they were trying to make it closer than it was, like they were spinning him losing as him winning.

I feel like a lot of this stuff came from outside the boxing industry. ESPN obviously had to play it up as he's their fighter, but the amount of MMA guys that talked about how had re-invented boxing was really annoying (they've been strangely absent after this fight). With some exceptions, I think most of the boxing community rated him reasonably enough (saw him as one of the top fighters in the sport with great skills, but not the best to ever compete or anything insane like that).

I feel like a lot of this stuff came from outside the boxing industry. ESPN obviously had to play it up as he's their fighter, but the amount of MMA guys that talked about how had re-invented boxing was really annoying (they've been strangely absent after this fight). With some exceptions, I think most of the boxing community rated him reasonably enough (saw him as one of the top fighters in the sport with great skills, but not the best to ever compete or anything insane like that).
that's fair. still, mma fanboys have access to this fanboy and seem to do a great migration here once every few months. I rather they'd just go to the Serengeti!

Yeah, I heard some fans, Andre Ward, and Teddy Atlas saying they gave Loma round 2. I thought, "Man, maybe I missed something."

I didn't. At all. I was actually more dumbfounded after re-watching the round that people consider it a close round. You watch the round, and your eyes tell you Lopez walked away with it in every aspect of the scoring criteria. Then you check the punch-stats, and while obviously flawed, they show Lopez walked away with it as well.

Maybe some people don't count bodywork? If you completely discount body work, maybe it was a close round? But then again, that wouldn't be how you score boxing, lol.

Thats pretty ironic from Teddy. He has talked endless times about judges giving guys rounds just because they are doing better than they were before.

Thats pretty ironic from Teddy. He has talked endless times about judges giving guys rounds just because they are doing better than they were before.
Teddy got some attention by calling judges out years back so now he pretends everything is a conspiracy in boxing, hoping lightning strikes twice. He's turned into a dumbass over the past 10 years.

with how the 12th round went I don't care about a rematch at all. if Loma won the 12th i'd have felt like loma took too much time to figure lopez out and ran out of time. with lopez dominating the 12th, I feel it wasnt close enough for a rematch, Lopez might only get better he's a child still.

Rewatched it and changed my scorecard to a draw. Initially had it for Lopez but after rewatching seems like a clear draw.

Loma won rounds 7-11 and 2nd round was also his imo. Lopez won the rest.

I don’t like how Lopez was complaining to the ref about being hit in the pocket lol. We need to see a rematch in the near future!

so, if it was a clear draw, your first card was a clear clunker?

<seedat>

Rewatched it and changed my scorecard to a draw. Initially had it for Lopez but after rewatching seems like a clear draw.

Loma won rounds 7-11 and 2nd round was also his imo. Lopez won the rest.

I don’t like how Lopez was complaining to the ref about being hit in the pocket lol. We need to see a rematch in the near future!

How can a 12 rounds fight clearly be a draw? Think about that.

Also, you just said you revised your scorecard after a second watch. So was it clear ????

Loma didn't win this round He literally had like 4 seconds of offense in the whole round. Look at the body shots early on, look at the straight right hand that knocked Loma off balance. You're ignoring literally everything about that round other than that one short burst from Loma.

Literally that entire sequence you talk about in the beginning was dodged or blocked. You can play it back at 25% speed if it is hard for you to tell...

Literally that entire sequence you talk about in the beginning was dodged or blocked. You can play it back at 25% speed if it is hard for you to tell...
It doesn't matter, its effective aggression while Loma was doing nothing. What scoring criteria was Loma winning at any point in that round aside from the few seconds of punching he did?

It doesn't matter, its effective aggression while Loma was doing nothing. What scoring criteria was Loma winning at any point in that round aside from the few seconds of punching he did?

I rarely agree with you Seano but after rewatching that round, you’re spot on - Loma did nothing and Lopez controlled the pace of the round and landed the cleaner, more effective punches (great body work).

BombSquat - I don’t know how you could give that round to Loma, and I was pulling for him too.

Back