Loma vs Lopez was a clear draw!

JustAkidFrom209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rewatched it and changed my scorecard to a draw. Initially had it for Lopez but after rewatching seems like a clear draw.

Loma won rounds 7-11 and 2nd round was also his imo. Lopez won the rest.

I don’t like how Lopez was complaining to the ref about being hit in the pocket lol. We need to see a rematch in the near future!

Rewatched it and changed my scorecard to a draw. Initially had it for Lopez but after rewatching seems like a clear draw.

Loma won rounds 7-11 and 2nd round was also his imo. Lopez won the rest.

I don’t like how Lopez was complaining to the ref about being hit in the pocket lol. We need to see a rematch in the near future!
A draw is a possible score and you don't have to reach to arrive at 114-114 (as Sporting News also scored it). I had it either a draw or 7-5 Lopez.
Eklej0qVMAEmYRf

Not sure, I'm not judge so maybe I need replay and better in slow motion to check it again.

Realtime from me it was Lopez 7-5 UD.

I had a bet on Teo, I thought he won the fight 115-113. I think the 12th rd that Teo won sealed the fight for him imo.

That being said almost all of the 5rds I did give to Loma were extremely close, rd 2 in particular but also a few of the other rds I gave to him, 6,8,9 were very close and you could probably argue the other way as well.

With fights like this I really believe you need to watch them at least 3 or 4 times to get a handle on EXACTLY what you think the scores should be but on first watch, not only did I have Lopez winning, but I also see that I ended up giving Loma the benefit of the doubt on most, if not all rds that I did have him winning, meaning I think if anything the scores could probably be wider than what I had initially.

I did think Loma won at least a cpl rds clearly namely 10 and 11, so that 119-109 card was definitely off, imo.

Reactions: Po
It was no draw. Loma gave away the first 6 rounds were he did a decent job of avoiding taking damage. But that’s the problem you’re supposed to make your opponent pay for missing by countering. Loma was too preoccupied with not getting hurt and only managed to find his rhythm in the 7 round when it was already too late. I actually think Loma had the opportunity to finish Lopez when he gassed in the 11th round. He didn’t try and go for the kill because he was too afraid of getting caught with a big shot in the process. You can’t expect to be the greatest if you aren’t willing to take a risk when it’s necessary.

It was no draw. Loma gave away the first 6 rounds were he did a decent job of avoiding taking damage. But that’s the problem you’re supposed to make your opponent pay for missing by countering. Loma was too preoccupied with not getting hurt and only managed to find his rhythm in the 7 round when it was already too late. I actually think Loma had the opportunity to finish Lopez when he gassed in the 11th round. He didn’t try and go for the kill because he was too afraid of getting caught with a big shot in the process. You can’t expect to be the greatest if you aren’t willing to take a risk when it’s necessary.
I wouldn't argue with this at all. Loma was in pure defensive avoidance mode for the first 6 rounds. You can't win fights like that.

The punch stats were too lopsided to call it a draw. Some of the close rounds given to Loma (rd 2), was more of a case of what I’d consider stealing the round. I had it 116-112; maybe 115-113 at best but not a draw. At the end of 6, I felt it was 6-0 Lopez. Also, fire Julie Lederman. That lady should be banned from watching boxing ever again. 119-109?? WTF?

The punch stats were too lopsided to call it a draw. Some of the close rounds given to Loma (rd 2), was more of a case of what I’d consider stealing the round. I had it 116-112; maybe 115-113 at best but not a draw. At the end of 6, I felt it was 6-0 Lopez. Also, fire Julie Lederman. That lady should be banned from watching boxing ever again. 119-109?? WTF?
Loma was more efficient though, he didn’t land as much as Lopez but at a higher percentage.

They were using fake replays from different rounds to make you think loma won the round afterward. They showed a combo from round 7 after round 9 for loma I swear they did.

Last edited:
Re-watched the fight 10 minutes ago and i scored the fight same when i watched it live.It was a clear 115-113 for Lopez IMO.Best case for Loma is a draw.No way he won it.

I had it 7-5 Teofimo. I gave him 5 of the first 6 rds and 2 of the last 6 (including the 12th which sealed the deal).

Back