Loma vs Lopez was a clear draw!

I rarely agree with you Seano but after rewatching that round, you’re spot on - Loma did nothing and Lopez controlled the pace of the round and landed the cleaner, more effective punches (great body work).

BombSquat - I don’t know how you could give that round to Loma, and I was pulling for him too.
You should agree with me more often.

It doesn't matter, its effective aggression while Loma was doing nothing. What scoring criteria was Loma winning at any point in that round aside from the few seconds of punching he did?

Not landing punches is effective? I guess we have a difference in how we implement the criteria.

Damn this fight really still rustling jimmies? They must be pretty chafed by now. I don't have a dog in this fight, Teo won. Anyone can spin a few rds to try to get a draw out of it but it really wasn't. Teo won it. You can say he won 9rds, you can say he won 7, but he won the majority of the rds. It is what it is.

If the best you can give Loma is a draw, being as generous as you can, then he probably didn't deserve the win. Now we move on and see what happens.

Ppl seem to be having trouble moving on from this. I don't know why exactly (I think it's from both sides b/c Loma is somewhat polarizing) but Teo won and he deserved it in almost all educated viewers opinions. He's still got a career left, he's still a great fighter. Teo has a helluva career in front of him by the looks of it. Idc if everyone wants to keep arguing about what I thought was a close rd2, but it is what it is and now we move on, imo.

Not a clear draw, not a win for Loma. It's a Lopez win. Well done by him. End of story.

{<jimmies}

I had it 10-2 in rounds for teo. loma did absolutely nothing for the first 6 rounds (KINDA landed a counter punch in rd 2, but took about 11 punches in return). In rd 7 loma came alive more, but still lost (by a closer margin). loma seemed slightly ahead in rd 8, but teo landed some big shots at the end of the round to take it. rd 9 was lomas. Rd 10 was very close and competitive. I gave it to teo because he landed cleaner shots. rd 11 was loma and it seemed teo was getting tired. but rd 12 teo beat that ass.

to call this fight a draw is not only an insult to boxing, but its an insult to the intelligence of anybody with two good pairs of eyes and an open mind. thank god lederman had the courage to go against the grain and public opinion and post a score she knew would be unpopular. at least she was honest, truthful and called it how she saw it. other people be too scared of being disagreed with.

You're aware punching and effective aggression are separate scoring criteria, of course.

If your aggression fails to result in the landing of punches, it is not "effective" aggression. Maybe you could argue "ring generalship", but again, that's more of a results-driven criteria. Teofimo landed a scattering of glancing and inconsequential blows. Loma threw little but landed more substantially.

You clearly have no idea how judges score boxing.

I know the criteria, and the notion that landing punches isn't relevant to whether or not aggression is "effective" is blasphemy.

If your aggression fails to result in the landing of punches, it is not "effective" aggression. Maybe you could argue "ring generalship", but again, that's more of a results-driven criteria. Teofimo landed a scattering of glancing and inconsequential blows. Loma threw little but landed more substantially.
Disagree. If one fighters aggression is causing the other to go on the defensive and stymies their offense. its effective. If one guy throws 100 punches and the other has to cover up for the whole round, the second fighter will lose that round based on the first's aggression.

A rematch would be fun, Loma dominated the second half of the fight but too little too late.

watched the fight finally with no sound and scored it exactly the same as Andre Ward.

A draw.

loma "landed"? what fkin fight were you watching?

116 -112 lopez....rewatched it...got the same score both times..live and the rewatch

Lome paced the fight wrong and started too late...and lost round 12 to boot...

Shouldn't be hard to get a rematch...bet he doesnt wait as long as the last time..if they do...

Good fight tho...

Lopez showed he could be disciplined when he needs to be and still brawl out late if needed...

Disagree. If one fighters aggression is causing the other to go on the defensive and stymies their offense. its effective. If one guy throws 100 punches and the other has to cover up for the whole round, the second fighter will lose that round based on the first's aggression.

Agreed. And if one fighter is aggressive and lands nothing meaningful and is on the worse end of the consequential exchanges, their aggression is not effective.

Back