Lol never forget that Khabib dropped McGregor

Khabib is a better striker than Connor McNuggets - can this ever be doubted?

Screw propa whiskey!

Last edited:
I thought Khabib would land that wild ass Eagle Punch with his left, never expected his right to rock Conor. Think Ferg and Conor should fight next.

I didn't think of that, but I kinda hope now that Khabib gets shelved a while here, at least so that it opens a window for Ferg to fight Conor next.

Going to one knee is not a knockdown either.

yes it is. one hand and one knee is a grounded opponent. If you are standing and get grounded from a strike, that is a knockdown. even in other striking arts 'taking a knee' counts as a knockdown too.

Hey guys this is messed up.

I'm a huge Conor fan and you shouldn't rub all the dumb shit we said in our faces like "Conor is better in the stand up than Khabib."

Obviously Khabib is the better boxer and we just have to live with that from now on.

Isn't that punishment enough? Stop rubbing it in our faces!

<{anton}><36>

Conor fans are on suicide watch after this fight.

Dude got embarrassed in all aspects of mma

Correct me if wrong, but are you referring to the overhand right that rocked him?

I didn't really notice Khabib getting the better on other exchanges. Most of them were short until Khabib inevitably sprung for his TDs.

Either way, yes in totality Conor got destroyed. But I didn't see Khabib put on any striking clinic.

He threw it so fast too. I didn't even see it coming (and neither did Conor, apparently).

You can see Khabib look at the floor to distract Conor of a possible td attempt right before he threw it

I agree with this. Anyone who knows MMA knew Conor was fucked and would probably get stopped or tapped on the ground but being knocked down on the feet by a fast right hand like that? Even Floyd wished he could have done that... Khabib destroyed Conor even worse than Floyd did in boxing. Dominated his ass in the first round, destroyed him in the second, took a breather in the third which he still won and then after gathering up more energy for the finish simply took him down and tapped his ass as he says he would.

What a fucking humiliation.

That’s what having the threat of the takedown does.

Cro Cop v Randleman
Chael v Anderson
Woodley v Wonderyboy (x2)

There are many more I’m sure. If you’ve got hands and your opponent is determined to stop takedowns at all cost, then you’ve got a very real chance to land something big. That and Khabib has much better hands than he is given credit for.

But he’s incredibly sensitive and due for a long suspension because of it. Tony is the champ now.

Tony is the big winner here. He may get his belt back and a money fight w/ Mcgregor because Khabib sure as shit won’t be fighting in Vegas anytime soon.

Who established this rule? You did?
I've seen plenty of fighters put a hand on the ground after having been rocked without having it counted as a knockdown. Most recent example I can think of (apart from Mcgregor/Khabib) is Teymur/Lentz.
if any part of you other than feet is touching the ground you are a downed opponent. If a punch caused you to be downed it's a knockdown. Pretty straightforward and the amount of people arguing against this is hilarious. His hand stopped him going arse over tit lol.

So I went to a concert and ordered the ppv, but it wouldn't work for me. Had to hover over a laptop and watch a crappy stream. Having said that, I'm shocked at this outcome.
For years I thought Khabib would maul Conor, then researched it more and was sure Conor would destroy Khabib. I'm at a loss for words on this one and the knockdown of Mcgregor by Khabib of all people? Crazy.

Stream went out before the end of the fight so I'm hoping I'll get a refund on my order tomorrow and an encore so I can try assessing it better.
Props to Khabib on another dominant performance. Props to Conor on taking a matchup that wasnt ideal for him. Conor didnt do terrible grappling and Khabib obviously handled the striking well.

Respect to both men.

The key takeaway here is that you’re terrible at research.

Perhaps. Or perhaps Khabib is good at game planning.

By fighting the fight everyone knew he was going to fight? My key takeaway here is that you’re terrible at gameplanning.

By fighting the fight everyone knew he was going to fight? My key takeaway here is that you’re terrible at gameplanning.

You knew he was gonna have that success on the feet? I'm literally one of many who thought Khabib wouldn't be able to get in on Conor. Many pro fighters did as well. Why you so worried about my opinion?

You knew he was gonna have that success on the feet? I'm literally one of many who thought Khabib wouldn't be able to get in on Conor. Many pro fighters did as well. Why you so worried about my opinion?

It looked exactly like all his other fights.... I'm not worried about your opinion, this forum is designed for people to exchange their views. It's literally the reason we all have accounts here.

You seem to be struggling with the fundamentals, I'm going to leave you be.

It looked exactly like all his other fights.... I'm not worried about your opinion, this forum is designed for people to exchange their views. It's literally the reason we all have accounts here.

You seem to be struggling with the fundamentals, I'm going to leave you be.

Not at all, I understand the fundamentals perfectly fine. You're just being critical of the opinions you say we're all here to give. Many of us had the same opinion about this fight, including other fighters. If you think professional mma fighters struggle with the fundamentals I dont know what else I can say to you.

eq0w63yk1dvz.gif

73pf84.jpg

These were more embarrassing, they were the best strikers at the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back