Logan Paul got Robbed for 3.5 mil

I feel bad for him. He bought a Sealed box of 1st edition of Pokemon cards that turn out to be fake. The box had been sold around and verified but I guess when he went to get it reverified, the said it was fake and not worth shit. Box was full of GI Joe cards

That sucks and reminds me of all the fake Babe Ruth shit people were buying in the 80 & 90s.

GI Joe cards, how much can i buy them for?

Anyone dumb enough to spend that kind of money on pokeyman cards deserves to get swindled, lol
You're not wrong. Seems like a really dumb thing to invest in. He could've bought 10 rental properties for that kind of cash and have an immediate return on investment. With the internet being what it is, most of these "collectibles" will probably be worth nothing in a few years.
<mma4>

You're not wrong. Seems like a really dumb thing to invest in. He could've bought 10 rental properties for that kind of cash and have an immediate return on investment. With the internet being what it is, most of these "collectibles" will probably be worth nothing in a few years.
<mma4>

I can appreciate not wanting to make money that way if you have options, but Pokemon is like one of the largest brands on the planet. There's definitely real money to be made if you're into that stuff.

The Logan Paul video title is basically fake news because he bought the box from a rich buddy with the understanding he would pay him back if it was fake, and the buddy did reimburse him. So he lost 0 and is actually getting a ton of views, attention and money from this stunt.

The supposed expert grading company who certified that the box was authentic is sweating bullets right now though, as are the people who sold rich buddy the box.

$3.5 Million is a lot of dough. Who would have the balls to try a scam like that? Who was the seller and where are they?

I can appreciate not wanting to make money that way if you have options, but Pokemon is like one of the largest brands on the planet. There's definitely real money to be made if you're into that stuff.
From what I've seen on Pawn Stars, most of these collectibles are going down in value because there's so many of them available now and they are so easy to get. Could be wrong about Pokemon though. I know baseball cards are worth a fraction of what they used to be.

<Fedor23>

The Logan Paul video title is basically fake news because he bought the box from a rich buddy with the understanding he would pay him back if it was fake, and the buddy did reimburse him. So he lost 0 and is actually getting a ton of views, attention and money from this stunt.

The supposed expert grading company who certified that the box was authentic is sweating bullets right now though, as are the people who sold rich buddy the box.
/thread

Who are logan Paul fans? I mean seriously. Logan Paul and Kim kardashian fans need their own planet to go live on.

From what I've seen on Pawn Stars, most of these collectibles are going down in value because there's so many of them available now and they are so easy to get. Could be wrong about Pokemon though. I know baseball cards are worth a fraction of what they used to be.

<Fedor23>

I'm certainly not betting my family's future on playing cards.

Who in their right mind would spend 3.5 million dollars on Pokemon cards ? No sympathy for me.

I don't think Pokemon cards waaaay over the market rate is a good commodity to invest in....

Most likely a fake story anyway.

Probably not a good investment even if they were real although he might have hoped his buying them would boost the market but I'm doubting he paid that price just because he was a big fan.

Probably not a good investment even if they were real although he might have hoped his buying them would boost the market but I'm doubting he paid that price just because he was a big fan.

Looks like he's got his money back now.

"I have reimbursed Logan his 3.5 however we will see how quickly I am made whole from the sellers who brought it to me already authenticated in the coming days or if it turns into a drawn out scenario."

<mma4>

I sold early twice with MTG cards.

I sold my collection of 160 dual lands at fifteen bucks a pop when I quit playing. Came back ten years later they were worth a hundred bucks each.

Traded back to forty of them and sold them a few years later for a bit more, two fifty each. Now some of them are up to more than two thousand each.

If I had just sat on my original hundred and sixty cards and sold them now I'd have a house.

Sounds like he found a way to offload some money he needed to wash.

Back