Lloyd Irvin's students accused of brutal rape (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now are on legal silence because of the trial. Silence means silence in full on everything related or not related.

It really would have been prudent to get that information out from the beginning, rather than wait a week. I mean how hard would it have been for Marcos Avellan to say "Hey everyone, about the 1989 case, Lloyd is being advised not to talk about it for legal reasons, and will provide a full explanation after the case, which I think will satisfy everyone." Rather than, say, insulting Keenan's family.

Not that I think the explanation will answer all the questions, but explaining the silence from the beginning would have been smart.

I mean, 3k+ posts in these threads and only now are you saying this is the reason?

Come on now, did you even see the event? This isn't 2008, people go to the no-gi worlds now. DJ had to rack up some legit wins over "BB Worlds Champions" to get that medal, don't try to downplay it like that. Dude beat lucas Lepri, Tussa, Clark Gracie, and more. it was a legit championship division.
I see your point, but it's not applicable here.

Lepri might not have competed that tourney. I didn't see him. Tussa also doesn't fight in the middleweight division, but rather the heavyweight. The DJ/Tussa match was in the Absolute. DJ got gold in the middleweight division, with his toughest match being against Victor Oliveira. He didn't medal in the Absolute.

It was a legit championship division gold medal win, but not at the Mundials and the division wasn't really even the stacked Mundials-level that the others are demanding.

as soon as she is there against her will it is kidnapping. Sometimes you can even be charged with kidnapping for pinning someone to ground after you are attacked by them, I have heard of that happening before.

Not true.

**Edit, depends on the jurisdiction. Did a quick search and it seems in some jurisdictions it's sufficient that the victim was "concealed" or confined in a "secret" place. And in some jurisdictions apparently confinement is sufficient. But generally what people are describing sounds more like false imprisonment to me.

Maybe Jag can chime in, he has much more knowledge and experience in criminal law than me, if any of you are that curious.

Lepri might not have competed that tourney. I didn't see him. Tussa also doesn't fight in the middleweight division, but rather the heavyweight. The DJ/Tussa match was in the Absolute. DJ got gold in the middleweight division, with his toughest match being against Victor Oliveira. He didn't medal in the Absolute.

It was a legit championship division gold medal win, but not at the Mundials and the division wasn't really even the stacked Mundials-level that the others are demanding.

TLI is used to being downplayed and having hate. It just adds fuel to the competition fire and critics. It's fine, but it's his name that is now being talked about and not yours where are you on the black belt medal competition scene to make such inferences.

Theory only for your plausibility:

1. You can't have a PR and respond to questions regarding one without talking or having others question about the other.
irrelevant. He doesn't have to answer questions at all. Just make a statement about his own case. Even if he did take questions, which I wouldn't recommend, he could answer the ones about himself and decline to comment on the other.

2. He may not even discuss or bring up that

Plausibility not reached. That second one doesn't even make sense.

So you will have to wait until case is over.

So are you guaranteeing that he'll make a statement after the NYE case is settled?

Since none of what you just said makes any sense, I'll ask you again. Is he being told not to speak about his own 1989 case, if so, by who, and why not make a statement saying he'd address it after the NYE case?

Let me posit a hypothesis. Because he has no intention of talking about it, ever.

Calling yourself 'World Champion' is implying you are the best in the world, do the best in the world turn up at no gi worlds? Where was Marcelo?

Gi - Mundials

Nogi - ADCC.

They are the only two tournaments ALL the best guys turn up at, which means they're the only ones that matter.

Okay, so all the years Marcelo missed the mundials didn't count? how about since Roger Gracie hasn't been around we put a little asterisk next to *Marcus Almeida and *Rodolfo Viera's titles. Obviously they shouldn't count.

The truth is Lloyd surely won't make a statement about this unless it gets picked up by REAL media, like it's on TV and shit. He'll just ignore this, because this is easy enough to hide, and eventually (probably a few weeks from now) everyone here will lose steam, and nobody will be talking about this. If he does make a statement addressing it it will not go away, and it will be discussed like crazy, and the news will pick it up for sure. Just seems like from a business standpoint Lloyd has absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by acknowledging the whole 1990 case popping up. Also in the future when this is all but forgotten and students hear something and look it up they will find these old threads of hearsay and speculation... eventually after searching for a while, but that's a lot different then finding a written statement or video from Lloyd himself admitting to the stuff.

You can submit this story to popular magazines like GQ, Maxim, Playboy, etc. to see if they're interested in following up.

Right now, what's got the media attention is the Lance Armstrong doping delio and gun control.

Personally, I'm ready for a statement from Lloyd and just move on with a hobby I care about.

irrelevant. He doesn't have to answer questions at all. Just make a statement about his own case. Even if he did take questions, which I wouldn't recommend, he could answer the ones about himself and decline to comment on the other.

Plausibility not reached. That second one doesn't' even make sense.

So are you guaranteeing that he'll make a statement after the NYE case is settled?

Since none of what you just said makes any sense, I'll ask you again. Is he being told not to speak about his own 1989 case, if so, by who, and why not make a statement saying he'd address it after the NYE case?

Let me posit a hypothesis. Because he has no intention of talking about it, ever.

Silence will be broken after the case is over, yes, no question 100%. In regards to 1990 case you will have to wait and see, but my guess would be most likely not, so don't expect it. Expect it to all be about the victim /damning the two rapists and getting her back on track but I could be wrong.

TLI is used to being downplayed and having hate. It just adds fuel to the competition fire and critics. It's fine, but it's his name that is now being talked about and not yours where are you on the black belt medal competition scene to make such inferences.

This is part of the catastrophic miscalculation that stems from being surrounded by yes-men in a cult of personality. This is not haters or the 97%. This is decent human beings who can't stomach what they are seeing from a moral standpoint. I defended LI at first until we saw his own response, and those from his camp, to his own past.

I guess, but there's really no denying that DJ is a world class competitor. I'm not a fan of his, but he's one of the top guys in his division imo.

where does he say he has no direct relationship with LI? i've seen him say that it doesn't matter what his relationship is and i've seen him say he's not getting paid or coached to say things on this fourm by LI, but i've never seen him say he has no relationship at all with LI

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=78544003#post78544003

Part 3, post #1060

NO I don't. I am not paid, financed, or coached by him on this forum in any way. This is all me and my voice, I do not represent him in a legal way or a paid way. I am not making any money on this, this is how I feel from the heart.

Give him a break on parsing the text, English isn't his first language.

You can submit this story to popular magazines like GQ, Maxim, Playboy, etc. to see if they're interested in following up.

Right now, what's got the media attention is the Lance Armstrong doping delio and gun control.

Personally, I'm ready for a statement from Lloyd and just move on with a hobby I care about.

Don't forget Manti Te'o and his fake dead girlfriend. Which I established in part 3 is also Lloyd's fault.

Okay, so all the years Marcelo missed the mundials didn't count? how about since Roger Gracie hasn't been around we put a little asterisk next to *Marcus Almeida and *Rodolfo Viera's titles. Obviously they shouldn't count.

You're missing the point. You can call yourself a world champion if you have won it in the past. The issue is which tournaments are widely recognized as the legit world championships. Hillary Williams said a while ago (before she actually won the mundials) that she wouldn't consider herself a world champion unless she won the Mundials (gi) or ADCC (no gi), because those are generally recognized as the biggest tournament in each style. That's the generally accepted view. No gi worlds imo is the #2 no gi tournament. You don't win the second hardest competition and call yourself world champion, do you? Just like Ben Askren isn't the world WW champ in MMA.

Again, not trying to put DJ down, just arguing semantics.

I guess, but there's really no denying that DJ is a world class competitor. I'm not a fan of his, but he's one of the top guys in his division imo.

DJ is definitely world class. I watched him beat Ian MacPherson twice at the Atlanta Open, and Ian is definitely no joke.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=78544003#post78544003

Part 3, post #1060

Give him a break on parsing the text, English isn't his first language.

i took that as LI is not telling him things to say her, it's all his own opinions. i still don't beleive just some random guy who has no relation with LI(who refused to ever deny a relationship with LI) can be this defensive and blind about this. and he ascts like has insider information aswell.

DJ is definitely world class. I watched him beat Ian MacPherson twice at the Atlanta Open, and Ian is definitely no joke.

The whole team is a bunch of killers. At that tournament they also took the blue, purple, and brown belt opens!!

Silence will be broken after the case is over, yes, no question 100%. In regards to 1990 case you will have to wait and see, but my guess would be most likely not, so don't expect it. Expect it to all be about the victim /damning the two rapists and getting her back on track but I could be wrong.

Exactly. Damned by his own foolishness and ego.

Totally different than my argument.

I argued that DJ winning a gold at no-gi worlds by no means places TLI as an EMPIRE, which is what DevNULL was putting forth. It is definitely true that it doesn't draw the best of the best in BJJ. Shit, as other have pointed out, it's not even the top no-gi competition out there.

DJ is an elite competitor though, no doubt about it.

Exactly. Damned by his own foolishness and ego.

The ignorance of youth fools us all does it not? He has paid for his and done his part and was questioned and poked and prodded about this, it's 20 year old business that belongs to him.

Don't forget Manti Te'o and his fake dead girlfriend. Which I established in part 3 is also Lloyd's fault.

yes, we understand you are trying to make light of this situation and trying to pretend everyone is blowing it out of propotion like "i sprained my ankle, is this LI's fault aswell?" we get it

i've never really seen you post before these threads, but someone in a former thread mentioned that you just like to push buttons and be a contrarian, and it seems to correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back