Lloyd Irvin Using Internet Marketing To Try To Cover Up Rape Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry again as I stated I joined to post in BJJ Hot women thread which was my very first post and this came up. I have no motive and I'm done people know my point now.

Any which way, you're still a troll

Just a few points.

- I know it's not his daughter. Ill conceived and executed example.
and
- I recognize that Lloyd is not in any familial obligation to act in such a role, and he needs to work the publicity angle as well being public. But imo, in that situation, all that needed to be said was something awful happened to a member of his academy, and that he is supporting her in her difficulties. The tone of the statement however, read like LI marketing, and it rubbed people the wrong way. That, in combination with the several other situations (rape prevention seminar) lead to a shitstorm.
- I just think had he approached the whole ordeal from a different angle, ie. not marketing for once, things would have gone much smoother for him.

But yeah,

Likewise.

Shielding yourself from a potential libel suit is not marketing. That's the only reason "allegedly" was used.

Did you miss the part where I said that failing still makes them trash? I'm more than happy to call Lloyd a scumbag. But he's not actually a rapist, and he doesn't need to be for me to consider him a scumbag.

Also, I think people are making a big assumption in thinking that everyone in the 1990 case knew the full extent of what was going on at that time. Lloyd testified that he wanted to participate at the time. He also testified that he thought it was a consentual act at that time. I'd be willing to bet my house that if he were asked "knowing what you know today, would you have wanted to participate?" would have been answered with a resounding no.

This is an important point. Ignorance on their part doesn't mean it wasn't a rape situation, but you also can't extract from the information that they had the premeditated intention of gang rape.

Wow, good call

BTW lloydirvinrape(dot)com is already on the first page of Google a day after he purchased it. This is the power of an exact match domain. It will continue to be at the top of Google and eventually when the news (surrounding this case) stops trending the news articles will drop off the first page more than likely.

I don't think it will really matter though because once the news stops trending, people won't be typing "Lloyd Irvin Rape" into Google anyway.

It's not like he is selling grapes and people regularly typo this phrase. The only reason people type it in is because they heard about it and want to do a little more research. They'll know to look a few results down for the articles then.

Shielding yourself from a potential libel suit is not marketing. That's the only reason "allegedly" was used.

No, but slipping in her desire to train with him to become a champion sounds like marketing.
Sounds like.

Wow, good call

BTW lloydirvinrape(dot)com is already on the first page of Google a day after he purchased it. This is the power of an exact match domain. It will continue to be at the top of Google and eventually when the news (surrounding this case) stops trending the news articles will drop off the first page more than likely.

omg, is this for real?????

lloydirvinrape.png

is lloyd under that mask?

i said this once and i will say it again, he only cares about money.

edit: is llloydirvinggangrape.com still available?

omg, is this for real?????

lloydirvinrape.png

is lloyd under that mask?

i said this once and i will say it again, he only cares about money.

edit: is llloydirvinggangrape.com still available?

it just might be Lloyd, the guy doesn't have an erection. So he fits the profile

If someone wanted to fight fire with fire they could do the following:

1) Purchase the domain LloydIrvinRapeCharge.com
2) Install WordPress
3) Post this link up here and other BJJ/Grappling forums
4) Get people to record YouTube Videos of themselves reading the news article aloud *NOTHING MORE* No editorializing. After reading the article simply say - "I invite Lloyd E. Irvin Jr. to respond to this case."
5) Name that video Lloyd Irvin Rape and submit the link to the owner of the website
6) Have the owner post that video up on the blog

I'm sure that Lloyd would not be able to make enough videos of his own to outnumber then number of videos generated in this manner. It would most likely force his blog out of the top spots in google - that's how you make him respond...

lol, i searched Lloydirvinrape in google and it came back with 10 mma sites writing articles about how he bought the domain name. so its been pushed beyond the first page now.

If someone wanted to fight fire with fire they could do the following:

1) Purchase the domain LloydIrvinRapeCharge.com
2) Install WordPress
3) Post this link up here and other BJJ/Grappling forums
4) Get people to record YouTube Videos of themselves reading the news article aloud *NOTHING MORE* No editorializing. After reading the article simply say - "I invite Lloyd E. Irvin Jr. to respond to this case."
5) Name that video Lloyd Irvin Rape and submit the link to the owner of the website
6) Have the owner post that video up on the blog

I'm sure that Lloyd would not be able to make enough videos of his own to outnumber then number of videos generated in this manner. It would most likely force his blog out of the top spots in google - that's how you make him respond...

This right here would work.

i can't believe he actually registered lloydirvinrape.com just to get all the google searches for his rape case and serve them his marketing bullshit.

that's a whole new low, man.

i can't believe he actually registered lloydirvinrape.com just to get all the google searches for his rape case and serve them his marketing bullshit.

Yeah. He is only showing how guilty/shady he is. I hope his associates start dropping him.

I almost speechless reading about this case.. more and more I read about it, there is just more and more crap going about this case.

Did any of you even watch the video on [lloyd's link] I was disgusted. It claims BJJ is the only martial art in the world that can effectively teach a woman to defeat a man. I have two very large problems with that.

1) It's not true. Judo and wrestling have the potential to be just as effective in most situations.

2) I HATE (IFRICKINHATE) when people pitch BJJ to women as some magical antiviolence pill that you get after a couple months of classes. No. Nononono. I'm 6.5 years in, I'm pretty good at it, and I would never choose to engage in conflict with a large male. I bum girls out when they playfully ask, "Can you teach me to beat up guys?!" "Yeah, give me a decade and 4 days a week." He's taking advantage of ignorance and this is just making my blood boil.

By the logic in the OP linking to his site could help his search optimizing cause.

Anyway, yes, few things disappoint me more than people trying to sell women on the idea that there's something they can learn in a seminar that will help them in anything other than some 1-in-million rape attempt.

2-10 hours to compensate for a 2-4x strength advantage?
Maybe if it's a police officer or the like with extensive knowledge of the subject teaching women to run, where to run, how to be visible, what helps and doesn't help in the way of screaming for help etc.

My first grappling lesson had me rolling with a girl who I believe was a JJJ brown belt at the time. I was around 205, male and she wasn't. I had no idea what the fuck I was doing, but I was on top all the time, she was exhausted and I felt like an incompetent rapist. The guys (my size) just tooled me.
Sure, not BJJ, but as you yourself have written in the past people fool themselves with regard to just how much grappling technique (any martial art I guess) can compensate for the male advantage / a massive strength and size advantage.
---

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/10/3856994/team-lloyd-irvin-rape-case

This is an important point. Ignorance on their part doesn't mean it wasn't a rape situation, but you also can't extract from the information that they had the premeditated intention of gang rape.

I agree. It doesn't mean it wasn't a rape situation. It just means he didn't know the nature of the situation at the time.

My point was moreso that answering under oath that he wanted to participate at the time and was trying to get an erection in order to participate isn't necessarily as mind-numbingly evil as people are making it sound.

No, but slipping in her desire to train with him to become a champion sounds like marketing.
Sounds like.

Meh. 10 days after the fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if she was looking forward to training again. If she loves jiu-jitsu half as much as most of the folks on this forum do, 10+ days off is a lot. She's also probably looking forward to the 'escape' of training so she doesn't have to keep thinking about this situation.

I know that after my sister died, I was desperate to find something that would take my mind off of it. The search for that is what brought me to jiu-jitsu.

Jusy sayin, she trains with TLI...there's a decent chance she's serious about her training.

It has absolutely shocked me. It has seriously lowered my opinion of him.

Keep in mind that my prior opinion of him has for years included the fact that he participated in a gang rape situation of which he was acquitted on a limp dick defense.

And my new opinion now is far, far lower after this cover up disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back