Listen up Keyboard Warriors!

Sounds like he's whining and blaming the fans for his troubles. He could always get a real job.....lol other poster beat me to it....

HECTOR!

I dont think you understand what amateur means

Well unfortunately I have to pay my living expenses. I guess at the bare minimum I would do it for $2,000. That isn't as payment but rather just to cover my costs of living. I'm not wealthy. I'd actually love to do it just for the experience. I bet I'm not the only one.

He's definitely right about the "leave it out of the hands of the judges" thing, and I think there's some truth about the training thing. I'm not gonna say you need to train to have an opinion, but even just rolling on the weekends and doing a few muay thai classes will make you have a much greater appreciation for what fighters do. It'll also help you have a better understanding of what you're watching which is something I think a lot of MMA fans should work on...

I agree with most of that. Woodley seems like a good guy.

I'm just going to speak more softly and with respect instead.

If Woodley or Dana wants to pay me $10,000 to take an eight week camp and do one amateur fight I'm definitely game. It would be fun

LOL it would be fun for you the first 5 minutes.

I bet that after 3 or 4 days of training you would be crying and begging to go home.

You probably think that a training camp is basically a bunch of people being extremely nice to you and teaching you the stuff they know that actually happens to be pretty easy and you learn all of it very quickly.
You do not get specially tired, and the sparring sessions are pretty light and cool.

Then during the fight you feel comfortable and you beat your opponent easily, and everybody cheers for you.

So hes correct then
You arent willing to make the sacrifices to be a fuckin fighter

To be an amateur? Its not a sacrifice, it is being stupid. We constantly hear about how champs are basically paying to fight, so REALLY paying (being an amateur) and losing my job sounds like a pretty dumb idea just to have some knowledge of MMA.

No one says this shit about football or any other sport.

I bet that after 3 or 4 days of training you would be crying and begging to go home.

You probably think that a training camp is basically a bunch of people being extremely nice to you and teaching you the stuff they know that actually happens to be pretty easy and you learn all of it very quickly.
You do not get specially tired, and the sparring sessions are pretty light and cool.

Then during the fight you feel comfortable and you beat your opponent easily, and everybody cheers for you.
It might not be fun, but I would do it for $10k. People have done worse things for less money.

I challenge him to book-keeping.

Right back at you T wood. You have absolutely no ability to accomplish what I do in my field. None. Zero. You would get smoked by noon on day #1.

If he wants sympathy, he can look it up in the dictionary. It's right between shit and shyphillis.

No, I don't think that at all. I didn't say this because I disrespect Woodley but rather because I'd actually enjoy the experience. For a fan it would be almost the experience of a lifetime even if you lose some teeth and a few years off your life. ;)

Hell I've been stabbed before and had a gun to my head in a previous job. I'm not saying I'm Mr. tough guy but I really would do it without pussing out.

Is it just me or does it sound like he's mentally beaten by MMA itself?

Right back at you T wood. You have absolutely no ability to accomplish what I do in my field. None. Zero. You would get smoked by noon on day #1.

If he wants sympathy, he can look it up in the dictionary. It's right between shit and shyphillis.

Difference is I doubt he gets on internet forums and criticizes you and your coworkers and acts like he knows the ins and outs of your chosen profession

We live in a time of the modern mma fighter where they create their own hype and do their own call outs, and Woodley uses Twitter to call out fans on the age old comment of "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges"..?

Man up and call somebody out fighting fans is a losing lonely battle.

Difference is I doubt he gets on internet forums and criticizes you and your coworkers

Yeah, but his pay will basically be based on how much fans like him. Nobody like him, and people shy away from cards he may be main eventing. He fights on tv to entertain for money. Getting shit talked is part of it.

Yes because we live in a brutal libertarian despotism where you can't voice an opinion unless you are a leet fighter with a gun.

Those words... I do not think they mean what you think they mean...

troglodyte.jpg

So hes correct then
You arent willing to make the sacrifices to be a fuckin fighter

Its about priorities. You hear fighters complain about money, not seeing family, injuries, sacrifices they make, etc, etc. Most people would rather live a comfortable life rather than risk everything they have for about a .1% at making some decent money fighting. If you don't make it, you sacrificed all that, are broke, and all you have are injuries to show for it.

So you are top 10 in the world in your field? Please tell us what is your field, list your accomplishments and let us see them.

I will be honored to meet someone who is top 10 in the world at something. Please elaborate more.

As in the wise words of any Carribean/Jamaican guy I've ever worked with......

"Quit yo' blood'clot cryin'!"

Geez, how would he handle real hate, shit like the champs get.

Back