List the superfights that the UFC has made

Not really a superfight, it was justa rematch of a normal fight.

The UFC never put on the superfights they claimed they would.

The last one they did was Alvarez vs Cerrone...lol the balls theyhad to claim that was a superfight
get the fuck out.

So basically theres been one: gsp vs penn.

Thanks dana!

GSP vs Penn 2 is the only one.

No fighter has the balls to do it anymore. That's what makes BJ a legend. I bet Rich would have done it, but he ran into Anderson first.

Well off the top of my head...

Hendo vs Rampage/Anderson
GSP/Penn 2
Reem/Lesnar
Cormier/Jones

Couture/Big Nog is a big one since you specifically mentioned Pride

The only superfight there is Penn and GSP.

GSP vs Penn 2 is the only one.

No fighter has the balls to do it anymore. That's what makes BJ a legend. I bet Rich would have done it, but he ran into Anderson first.

Why isn't Bendo vs. Gil a superfight? Or GSP vs. Shields? OR Rampage vs. Chuck? If these fights happened outside the UFC you would rave about them.

GSP/Penn 2: 2 guys on the P4P list and reigning champions make it a superfight.

The Hendo title fights were also Superfights.

The superfjght issue became when Dana and Lorenzo woukd act as if fights such as GSP/Silva or Silva/Jones would happen and they never did. I mean during the condit fight they literally had a silva PIP yet nothing came out of it.

GSP/Penn is pretty much it. The UFC have been slacking when it comes to superfights.

The only true super fight the UFC has ever made was ruined because the "champion" from the heavier division allowed his corner to lube his back and shoulders with Vaseline.

tumblr_n0hy29JYT11rnxefyo1_500.gif

"We make the fights the fans want to see"

No, they want to extract the cash from the punters in the most effective and risk free manner possible. Superfights are not the best long term strategy that's why we were never going to see GSP / Silva, Jones / Silva or champ vs champ etc.

Penn vs GSP is the last and I think that will be the last. The UFC are in the making money business. As Dana has said you must relenquish your belt if you challenge another champion, he's pretty much put a nail in the coffin of superfights between champs.

We saw more 'superfights' when MMA WASN'T monopolised by the UFC

Not really a superfight, it was justa rematch of a normal fight.

The UFC never put on the superfights they claimed they would.

The last one they did was Alvarez vs Cerrone...lol the balls theyhad to claim that was a superfight

???

It was the only UFC Champion vs. Champion fight in history.

Hendo held 2 belts in Pride so him vs. Anderson and Rampage were both Superfights. As well as Shields vs. GSP.

UFC really drops the ball on making these fights happen tho. Making top ranked champions from other orgs fight 2-3 times before getting a title shot has cost them a lot of big fights. Crocop is probably the best example, as well as the Strikeforce guys Overeem/Diaz, Almost lost the shields fight. Cost them Pettis because they made him fight a blanket.

UFC P4P best at missed superfight opportunities.

Since buying Pride in 2006 and having a monopoly on the market and nearly every fighter available under one roof, list the superfights that Dana claims the ufc makes. And dont bother with Liddell Wanderlai, it was too late.

The only bona fide superfight has been GSP vs Penn 2, which was a title fight between 2 active, proven, p4p-class champions. For me, that's the definition of 'superfight'.

But if you stretch the definition a little, you could also include:

Rampage vs Hendo (UFC champ vs Pride champ)
Anderson vs Hendo (same)
Jones vs Cormier (UFC champ vs Strikeforce GP champ)
Aldo vs Edgar (FW champ vs guy who clearly won LW title fight in previous fight but got robbed)
GSP vs Shields (UFC champ vs Strikeforce champ)
Hughes vs BJ 1 (UFC champ vs Rumble on Rock tournament winner)
Benson vs Melendez (UFC champ vs Strikeforce champ).

IMO, if an other-org champ loses a fight before fighting a UFC champ, it doesn't have the shine of a superfight.

Rousey vs Cyborg, Dillashaw vs Cruz and Cormier vs Jones 2 are the next 3 pseudo-superfights to be made.

"We make the fights the fans want to see"

No, they want to extract the cash from the punters in the most effective and risk free manner possible. Superfights are not the best long term strategy that's why we were never going to see GSP / Silva, Jones / Silva or champ vs champ etc.

Penn vs GSP is the last and I think that will be the last. The UFC are in the making money business. As Dana has said you must relenquish your belt if you challenge another champion, he's pretty much put a nail in the coffin of superfights between champs.

We saw more 'superfights' when MMA WASN'T monopolised by the UFC

Exactly. Zuffa shills cant admit this though.

Ufc will never put on a superfight just in case b it may upset the potential money earning of a particular fighter.

They should do CM Punk (UFC) vs Brock Lesnar (WWE). That would be a super fight.:)

They should do CM Punk (UFC) vs Brock Lesnar (WWE). That would be a super fight.:)

So the UFC has basically made one superfight, despite having a monopoly on the market and owning 90% of the popular fighters.

Are you guys really happy with that?

Or are you just interested in the hundreds of crappy Ronda threads, a fighter in a division of weak wmma challenges she's already beaten.

Back