List the superfights that the UFC has made

TheJackal

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Since buying Pride in 2006 and having a monopoly on the market and nearly every fighter available under one roof, list the superfights that Dana claims the ufc makes. And dont bother with Liddell Wanderlai, it was too late.

Well off the top of my head...

Hendo vs Rampage/Anderson
GSP/Penn 2
Reem/Lesnar
Cormier/Jones

Couture/Big Nog is a big one since you specifically mentioned Pride

Well off the top of my head...

Hendo vs Rampage/Anderson
GSP/Penn 2
Reem/Lesnar
Cormier/Jones

Couture/Big Nog is a big one since you specifically mentioned Pride

Couture big nog is not one I ever thought about at the time but it did turn out to be a good fight. Too bad randys chin was gone by then, he got dropped at will!

Gsp/Penn 2. The only one

Not really a superfight, it was justa rematch of a normal fight.

The UFC never put on the superfights they claimed they would.

The last one they did was Alvarez vs Cerrone...lol the balls theyhad to claim that was a superfight

If only Frankie had beaten Benson in the 2nd fight.

Then we'd have Aldo FW Champ vs Edgar LW Champ

Definitely a super fight.

The last one they did was Alvarez vs Cerrone...lol the balls theyhad to claim that was a superfight

Not a superfight? You on crack?

GOAT LW vs GOAT WW in their PRIMES!

They don't really do "superfights". Mostly it's been a very meritocratic system with people fighting according to rankings, though there are exceptions and some marketable fighters have been given easier roads to the title shot.

The problem with your mode of thinking is that once a fighter joins the UFC you don't think of it as a super fight anymore.

Chuck/Wand was a super fight

With champs constantly fighting the best fighters, it's hard for their to be a superfight today. How about naming the superfights they missed out on not involving Fedor

Depends on how one defines a super fight.

Nog vs Couture and Wand vs Chuck could be considered super fights or just really big fights that happened too late.

Wand vs Crocop I could be labeled a super fight because you had one of the best in MMA vs one of the best in K1.

All depends on the criteria of a super fight.

GSP vs Penn II might be the only one.
Silva vs GSP/Jones would have been another.

The problem with your mode of thinking is that once a fighter joins the UFC you don't think of it as a super fight anymore.

Not true.

Wheres silva vs gsp, silva vs jones, pettis vs aldo, weidman vs jones, lombard vs silva, etc

The only 'super' fight I remember was Aldo/Pettis, but too bad it got scratched.

EDIT: Forgot GSP/BJ 2.

Back