Lineker #3 vs Dillashaw #2 Who you got?

What did you think of the Dodson/Lineker fight? I actually thought Dodson won, no robbery, but I had Dodson edging him.

And it's been a while since Dillashaw actually had to beat someone on the ground, he's been able to beat most standing. Watch his fight against Easton, who is no Lineker, but is a strong defensive wrestler with good scrambles to see what I mean. Dillashaw is like Luke Rockhold meets Ben Henderson when it comes to wrestling, if he gets you down he'll let you up and just take you down again, and if he gets a dominant position anything you try to do is just going to lead you deeper. Hits fights with Watson and Vaughn Lee are good examples of this too, and that was when he was raw as fuck.
Great discussion bro... this is the kind of talk I like. I'm getting more stoked bout it now.

I haven't examined the Lin/Dod fight round for round... like I do a lot of timez. I'll back off anyone who sayz Nate won at 202 :D because I studied the f*ck out of that one.

The fight as a whole was equal as far as punches landed... imo... but it seemed to me that Lineker landed more power punches… & no one is questioning either fighter'z power to KTFO someone.

I'm not a big advocate of scoring "octogon control" over strikes landed or submission attempts... but it is a scoring criteria & has its place. I do believe that it should sway a close fight. & there'z no telling how many more steps Dodson took than Lin in that one! This fight was so close that it is one of the examples where "octogon control" can & likely did win Lineker this fight.

Thanx for those referencez.. I will check them out. I'm off to watch Rogue One at the moment so will get into it later.

th

ah
I think it's important to note HOW Cruz pressured and why TJ struggled, Cruz's takedown game had a lot to do with why TJ struggled to move backwards
Great point... will keep that in mind.

Also keep in mind Lin'z ability to get up... but good point that Dilla might just Khabib his ass & get a record number of takedowns! Will definitely keep that in mind. Gotta run!

Sick fight. I got Dillashaw by decision but wouldn't be surprised if Lineker wins by TKO.

5UpC9W2.gif

Early stoppage imo.

Wow never realized how early of a stoppage that was. Like that was crazy fast to stop a fight.

The snake in the grass has this one.. but I will be rooting for Lineker.

If Dillashaw comes to fight he wins easily, if he comes to prove he can brawl with Lineker he gets knocked out, not that I believe he will be that stupid, but some fighters just have to show they are better everywhere and usually doesn't end well

TJ is the better fighter by a mile. Lineker has a very real 'punchers chance' because he hits so freakishly hard.

I'll take 60/40 with TJ out classing him vs Lineker knocking him dead.

Hoping for Lineker by ko, tough fight to call

As much as i want my Brazilian homie to win i think TJ is more talented and has more tricks up his sleeve.

I think Lineker will look for a big bomb through the whole fight and TJ will just tame him to a Dec.

Dilly is gonna be doing a ton of slipping and countering here. He won't get a tko cause Linekers chin is absurd but it'll be a ud

TJ. Lineker is a brute, TJ will win without too much trouble.

snake
by timing and footwork
(Lineker with a punchers chance.....)

ah
I think it's important to note HOW Cruz pressured and why TJ struggled, Cruz's takedown game had a lot to do with why TJ struggled to move backwards

Cruz did absolutely nothing with his takedowns. I don't think these takedowns should score something in the eyes of any unbiased judge. TJ looked awesome in the little time he spent on his back. He was slipping Cruz's punches on the ground like a real snake in the grass and used to reverse him immediately.
In fact TJ has been looking nothing short of flawless in his last showings. Without exaggerating I think he's the best small-weight fighter in the UFC right now.
Lineker is obviously not an easy opponent but I can't see how he can put something more on the table than TJ.
That being said Cruz and TJ are like -200 combined and as much as they look like a sure thing I think the risk is way too much to make me actually bet on them. MMA is a very unpredictable sport.
If TJ continues to fight these meaningful fights without getting a TS anytime soon he will sooner or later get caught and slip in the rankings.

Cruz did absolutely nothing with his takedowns. I don't think these takedowns should score something in the eyes of any unbiased judge. TJ looked awesome in the little time he spent on his back. He was slipping Cruz's punches on the ground like a real snake in the grass and used to reverse him immediately.
In fact TJ has been looking nothing short of flawless in his last showings. Without exaggerating I think he's the best small-weight fighter in the UFC right now.
Lineker is obviously not an easy opponent but I can't see how he can put something more on the table than TJ.
That being said Cruz and TJ are like -200 combined and as much as they look like a sure fights I think the risk is way too much to make me actually bet on them. MMA is a very unpredictable sport.
If TJ continues to fight these meaningful fights without getting a TS anytime soon he will sooner or later get caught and slip in the rankings.

I agree with your bolded statement, I was saying that takedowns (even if they don't do anything) often serve as a tactic to stunt forward progress

I agree with the rest of your post too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back