Lineker #3 vs Dillashaw #2 Who you got?

I think Dillasnake edges out a very close decision.

Lineker has an aggressive forward moving style that keeps people on the fence... & keep this in mind...

LIN HAZ NEVER BEEN KNOCKED DOWN.

That might be a key to this. He also keeps throwing power deep into the later roundz without gassing (much)

Dill could use wrestling but Lin is no slouch on the ground & never stays on the bottom long if not just bounce right back up.

Unless Dill is ready to just constantly run laps around the Octogon while actively landing the whole time... I just don't see Dill winning. I think he gets rocked eventually & slowz down.

Lin by late round KO or Dec.
I'll need to watch a little more tape on dilla though before I make my pick. Anyone got a good reference fight for someone who kept Dilla fighting off his healz the whole time? :D

I don't much care for either guy. But, I do think TJ would win that fight. But, it's not a sure thing. Those things don't exist in mma. Just different degrees of probabilities.

Lineker has an aggressive forward moving style that keeps people on the fence... & keep this in mind...

LIN HAZ NEVER BEEN KNOCKED DOWN.

That might be a key to this. He also keeps throwing power deep into the later roundz without gassing (much)

Dill could use wrestling but Lin is no slouch on the ground & never stays on the bottom long if not just bounce right back up.

Unless Dill is ready to just constantly run laps around the Octogon while actively landing the whole time... I just don't see Dill winning. I think he gets rocked eventually & slowz down.

Lin by late round KO or Dec.
I'll need to watch a little more tape on dilla though before I make my pick. Anyone got a good reference fight for someone who kept Dilla fighting off his healz the whole time? :D

Dillashaw is an underrated wrestler, because since training with Bang he doesn't use it much anymore
He's like Luke Rockhold on top, it's beautiful to watch when he wants to do it - I question if Lineker can roll with him if he gets on top

UFC 207 is actually a fantastic card

And starting off the main fights we have a potential barnbunner

Hard swinging brawler Lineker vs one of the best smaller fighters in the sport

Who you got?

Lineker can't make weight most times he fights.

Although I like Lineker style most, I hope TJ wins.

Anyone got a good reference fight for someone who kept Dilla fighting off his healz the whole time? :D

Nobody recently, he doesn't fight off the back foot. The rare moments where he's pushed back he shoots reactionary takedowns and gets the fight down. I think Cruz did the best at pressuring him. His lost to Assuncao because he kept darting into counters - but the shift that he got exploited on has been changed

Sick fight. I got Dillashaw by decision but wouldn't be surprised if Lineker wins by TKO.

5UpC9W2.gif

Early stoppage imo.
*sees Herb Dean pull Dodson off TJ* Ah now I know why I thought this was an early stoppage.

Dillashaw should win this but i never count Lineker out , one shot is all he needs to change the outcome of a fight .

Dillashaw is an underrated wrestler, because since training with Bang he doesn't use it much anymore
He's like Luke Rockhold on top, it's beautiful to watch when he wants to do it - I question if Lineker can roll with him if he gets on top
Interesting... I studied the f*ck out of Lineker to make my call on the Dodson fight & even opened up a thread where we talked about it n stuff. He'z still fresh in my mind... more-so than Dilla. I need to see what dilla can do on the ground against someone who ain't easy to keep down... (any referencez bro?)

1st thought is that Lin isn't bothered much by the takedownz & bouncez right back up. 2nd thought though is that if Dilla "keeps shooting"... it could slow down Lin'z forward movement & maybe throw him off his game. That said, if Lin can keep stuffing them, then Dilla will fade. Just an initial thought. I'm studied the f*ck up on Lin... but I need to see some more tape on Dilla (while keeping the Lin fight in mind) before I talk too much about how I think it'll go down.

Interesting... I studied the f*ck out of Lineker to make my call on the Dodson fight & even opened up a thread where we talked about it n stuff. He'z still fresh in my mind... more-so than Dilla. I need to see what dilla can do on the ground against someone who ain't easy to keep down... (any referencez bro?)

1st thought is that Lin isn't bothered much by the takedownz & bouncez right back up. 2nd thought though is that if Dilla "keeps shooting"... it could slow down Lin'z forward movement & maybe throw him off his game. That said, if Lin can keep stuffing them, then Dilla will fade. Just an initial thought. I'm studied the f*ck up on Lin... but I need to see some more tape on Dilla (while keeping the Lin fight in mind) before I talk too much about how I think it'll go down.

What did you think of the Dodson/Lineker fight? I actually thought Dodson won, no robbery, but I had Dodson edging him.

And it's been a while since Dillashaw actually had to beat someone on the ground, he's been able to beat most standing. Watch his fight against Easton, who is no Lineker, but is a strong defensive wrestler with good scrambles to see what I mean. Dillashaw is like Luke Rockhold meets Ben Henderson when it comes to wrestling, if he gets you down he'll let you up and just take you down again, and if he gets a dominant position anything you try to do is just going to lead you deeper. Hits fights with Watson and Vaughn Lee are good examples of this too, and that was when he was raw as fuck.

Nobody recently, he doesn't fight off the back foot. The rare moments where he's pushed back he shoots reactionary takedowns and gets the fight down. I think Cruz did the best at pressuring him. His lost to Assuncao because he kept darting into counters - but the shift that he got exploited on has been changed
The :D face waz a reference to the Cruz fight. It waz an attempt to show that Lin will put the same pressure on Dilla (or more) as Cruz did. IMO... that's what you gotta do to beat Dilla. You gotta press him & not let him get his game on.

The :D face waz a reference to the Cruz fight. It waz an attempt to show that Lin will put the same pressure on Dilla (or more) as Cruz did. IMO... that's what you gotta do to beat Dilla. You gotta press him & not let him get his game on.
ah
I think it's important to note HOW Cruz pressured and why TJ struggled, Cruz's takedown game had a lot to do with why TJ struggled to move backwards

Back