• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Line of Duty brilliant BBC cop drama

I woke up at 3AM thinking about the last episode and had to watch it again.

First, when Jo wanted Kate to give her the gun Kate shot Pilkington with, I assumed she would fire it to get gunshot residue on her hand and clothing.

It seems that everything might hinge on who Jo Davidson thought was her father and what is under the floor of that shop. She had been told that her mother had been raped by a police officer. Was her mother part of a child sex trafficking ring used to get evidence on police officers? Had her uncle/father Tommy been holding that over the officers head to control him? Since Jo's DNA was on file with the police, it would have been easy to find out that the man thought to be her father wasn't really.

The hints seem to be that the officer Jo thought her father was either Thurwell, the man who had been giving her orders or Chief Constable Osbourne. Did her mother or Tommy ever tell her which policeman was supposedly her father? Did Jo's mother actually commit suicide or was she killed? Was her mother a willing participant in the corruption of police officers. Had Jo been trafficked as a child? With Thurwell now apparently killed before he could be captured, it leaves Osbourne as the prime suspect in the police department because somebody had to give the order. DCS Carmichael seems to stop any questions involving Osbourne and was also responsible for removing the surveillance on Pilkington and Davidson. Is Carmichael in on the conspiracy. It certainly appears that she could be.

Buckells is portrayed as an unwitting accomplice to Jo Davidson but the calm demeanor he showed as Lee Banks was killed in the same cell suggests he knows what is going on.

Not much advance on the plot this week. At the end of the episode they did say to watch next week for the SERIES finale. Not season finale, SERIES finale! I don't know how the BBC refers to their programs. Maybe each season is a series but it sounds to me like everything ends next week.
i think british ppl call seasons series like series 1, series 2 etc

I woke up at 3AM thinking about the last episode and had to watch it again.

First, when Jo wanted Kate to give her the gun Kate shot Pilkington with, I assumed she would fire it to get gunshot residue on her hand and clothing.

It seems that everything might hinge on who Jo Davidson thought was her father and what is under the floor of that shop. She had been told that her mother had been raped by a police officer. Was her mother part of a child sex trafficking ring used to get evidence on police officers? Had her uncle/father Tommy been holding that over the officers head to control him? Since Jo's DNA was on file with the police, it would have been easy to find out that the man thought to be her father wasn't really.

The hints seem to be that the officer Jo thought her father was either Thurwell, the man who had been giving her orders or Chief Constable Osbourne. Did her mother or Tommy ever tell her which policeman was supposedly her father? Did Jo's mother actually commit suicide or was she killed? Was her mother a willing participant in the corruption of police officers. Had Jo been trafficked as a child? With Thurwell now apparently killed before he could be captured, it leaves Osbourne as the prime suspect in the police department because somebody had to give the order. DCS Carmichael seems to stop any questions involving Osbourne and was also responsible for removing the surveillance on Pilkington and Davidson. Is Carmichael in on the conspiracy. It certainly appears that she could be.

Buckells is portrayed as an unwitting accomplice to Jo Davidson but the calm demeanor he showed as Lee Banks was killed in the same cell suggests he knows what is going on.
i thought buckells was scared shitless when they killed baclava man not lee banks btw lol

i guess lee banks was the killer, i didnt notice that at first lol

oh ya forgot spoiler tags

also who fired the indian guy. and osborne doesnt start with H

what about that lady who was always there when hastings went to see the indian guy, what was her name

i guess lee banks was the killer, i didnt notice that at first lol

oh ya forgot spoiler tags

I put mine in spoiler tags because it was so close after the episode came out. I thought Buckells was making coffee or tea and just kept doing what he was doing as they strangled the guy. I don't recall them mentioning that Banks had been killed.

what about that lady who was always there when hastings went to see the indian guy, what was her name
The grey haired woman? Too obvious. Again, I'd be really pissed off.

I put mine in spoiler tags because it was so close after the episode came out. I thought Buckells was making coffee or tea and just kept doing what he was doing as they strangled the guy. I don't recall them mentioning that Banks had been killed.
i remember buckells was twitching all over the place as he was pouring it cuz he was scared. i thought banks killed bacalava man right in front of him and said

That's DCC Andrea Wise.

I mixed them up, it was Lakewell that was killed by Banks in prison as Buckells watched which is why I didn't think they investigated the death but they did investigate Lakewell's death. I don't know why they did it in front of Buckells if he really didn't know anything. I figure he was in on it. Wasn't he Pilkington's mentor who got him into the police?

i remember buckells was twitching all over the place as he was pouring it cuz he was scared. i thought banks killed bacalava man right in front of him and said

If Buckells wasn't in on the conspiracy, how could he be a rat?

That's DCC Andrea Wise.

I mixed them up, it was Lakewell that was killed by Banks in prison as Buckells watched which is why I didn't think they investigated the death but they did investigate Lakewell's death. I don't know why they did it in front of Buckells if he really didn't know anything. I figure he was in on it. Wasn't he Pilkington's mentor who got him into the police?
i still think hes a fall guy, davidson was setting him up. not sure why they killed the guy in front of him tho. i dont think he was pilkingtons mentor or anything, they just said that

Buckells isn't intelligent enough to be a massive part in this, he was being used.

Buckells isn't intelligent enough to be a massive part in this, he was being used.

So why kill somebody in front of him and have a witness when they could have done it elsewhere in the prison? Seems to me that Carmichael wants him back.

another boring episode

i can't believe and using the word gripping etc to describe this season
probably one of the worse season and if you think this show is a work of art then just wow

so many unanswered questions & no way they can cram it in an hour
I expect lots of disappointed viewers next week

Back