Lightweights - Training for explosiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighter, explosive athletes train the same way as heavier, explosive athletes- by lifting heavy weights explosively. As tons of other people said, the difference is that they don't eat to gain muscle.

You won't wake up 25kg heavier one day just because you're lifting correctly.

Information is somewhat limited however. Does anyone know what sort of training light atheletes (60-65KG) such as Amir Khan would do?

plyo work as well as boxing I would think

There is also a massive difference between martial artists and fighters/sports man

I would count kyokoshin people as fighters btw before someone throws that my way

I would count winky wanky wooists as martial artists

Explosivity has nothing to do with muscle size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7erVblY7aiU&feature=related

He's pretty explosive (and there are much better examples out there). He's 340 lbs at 6'1"

Anyone want to post videos of strongman keg tosses?

The reason your views are not popular is because your views are not right.

I am definitely more more explosive at 110 kilos than at 81 kilos.

Someone post the pic of the guy snatching 100 kg with one hand

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MCKuLT9wqP8&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MCKuLT9wqP8&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

eh?

Don't tell me you didn't see any explosiveness in Lesnar in the last UFC.

To be explosive train explosively. Mass has nothing to do with it.

Fuck I hate whitebelts.

It's really fucking simple:

1 - Don't train for hypertrophy.

2 - Take a big weight and move it through a big range of motion quickly.

3- Eat to be at the weight you want to fight at.

If you don't know how to eat to be the weight you want, you're a fucking loser and should go off yourself. ***got.

Seriously, check out guys like Pyros Dimas. Dude is like 180lbs and can put 500+ lbs from the floor to over his head.

He's the definition of explosive. He's also not very big.

Get it through your fucking newbie head:

Big heavy powerlifter types can't throw hands like ligthweight figthers BECAUSE THEY DON'T FUCKING TRAIN TO.

It has nothing to do with them being big and strong. It has to do with them not training to fight.

Lighter, explosive athletes train the same way as heavier, explosive athletes- by lifting heavy weights explosively. As tons of other people said, the difference is that they don't eat to gain muscle.

You won't wake up 25kg heavier one day just because you're lifting correctly.

White belts with brains unite! lol. :icon_chee

To the TS - Seriously man, just... DAMN. I literally have nothing else to say. You are a fucking fool.

Where's that guy from WWE who does nothing apart from walk on and go.... DAMN. I call for him.

It is very simple: a 60KG athlete will be much faster and agile than an 80KG athlete. This is attested by countless martial artists over the years.

I think this guy is on to something. They clearly created weight divisions so Fedor wouldn't have to deal with the speed of, say, a middleweight...Fuck it, can we get a ban in here yet?

Fuck this shit, I'm going back to practicing ornithology... CHARLIE PARKER FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back