Lightning vs. Thunder!

Just don't see Okami taking down Lombard. Lombard has excellent TDD and a low centre of gravity. I just don't see how Okami can beat Lombard on the feet other than sticking the jab out and staying on the outside and when Lombard rushes in, Clinch. Maybe that is what he will do.

Hector by KO. We've all seen what happens to Okami when someone nullifies his grappling(Sonnen fight) and Hector is a better grappler than both of them, probably stronger too.

I would love to see Lombard against Sonnen, if he doesnt get put away early I could see Sonnen eventually dragging him down and beating Lombard up on the ground. Interesting fight style wise imo

Yeah, I think Okami has to try to win one of the least entertaining decisions of all-time here by doing his best Tim Boetsch impression with a bit of the Kongo-Jordan fight mixed in.

Yeh Okami would not want to engage with Lombard though in fairness not many people would, I still hope we get to see Lombard fight Stann at some point.

Just don't see Okami taking down Lombard. Lombard has excellent TDD and a low centre of gravity. I just don't see how Okami can beat Lombard on the feet other than sticking the jab out and staying on the outside and when Lombard rushes in, Clinch. Maybe that is what he will do.

The guy is like a spring.Against Boetsch it was like he automatically just regained his footing when Boetsch tried for the TD.Also he was injured for that fight.I don't think Okami can take Hector down.

I don't give Yushin much of a chance here TBH. Lombard's TDD trumps Okami's clinch TDs and Lombard's hands can make Yushin shell up until the ref pulls Hector off.

Lombard will finish Okami and make a case for a title shot with a dominant win over Yushin. He'll probably get matched up with Weidman in a title eliminator thereafter.

Okami most likely won't be able to get the takedown and Lombard is very dangerous on the feet.

I've got Hector via KO.

Lombard will win via KO or he will get walled and stalled to a decision loss. Don't think Okami can get him on the mat.

From Lombards twitter

537392_10151214504003027_250294136_n.jpg

it jsut feels as if the ufc want lombard to win but they also want him to win against decent names.. guys like palhares and okami are high ranking names but also dont posses the skill set to beat lombard and they know it.

I wasn't super confident in Lombard after the Boetsch fight, but I'm changing my tune. I think he's a tough out for Okami, I think he's dangerous everywhere and will finish Yushin.

In the named events era this might have been UFC: Thunder and Lightning.

Sometimes I miss those days.

it jsut feels as if the ufc want lombard to win but they also want him to win against decent names.. guys like palhares and okami are high ranking names but also dont posses the skill set to beat lombard and they know it.
LMFAO Okami doesn't posses the skills to beat an unproven fighter :rolleyes:. Lombards best win in his whole career is vs Palharris and we all saw what Okami did to the other two guys that beat Palharris in the 1st round :D

Fact is people want Lombard to win cause Okami got crushed by the champ and they also saw Lombard crush a bunch of B level fighters brutally so they are fooled into thinking he is a beast. Back in the real world Okami is the more proven fighter and Lombard still has a question mark over his head, He looked slow in both his UFC fights and would not be shocked at all to see him gas and get out worked by Okami.

I feel like this fight is designed for Okami to lose, and that would make the UFC pretty happy. It seems like Okami will have a hard time playing his clinch game against someone who is probably stronger and better at judo.

Back