Lifting for MMA

gamebreaker

Fortune Favors the Bold
Reaction score
I'm a longtime lifter, 11 years seriously with a 18month break after i tore my pec...initially it was for Football, then just for strength and looks, now that ive been back training MMA and Boxing i was wondering if someone had a routine or link to point me to a routine that would allow me to maintain my strength and improve functional grappling strength.

Im cutting from 225 to about 200 or 195

What is 'functional grappling strength'?

This thread was so good it had to be posted twice. Can we say FO/KY in here? Because I feel like that would be appropriate here.

chill out man....after i clicked reply...the page took forever to change so i clicked it again. relax man

What does seriously modify in your post?

Your dedication to the iron or your demeanor whilst curling?

Football strength is no good for MMA. Seriously.

What is 'functional grappling strength'?

pro-wrestling-1a.jpg

Its strength used for grappling thats functional as well.

i mean lifts that will translate well into functional strenght used for things like takedowns and clinch work.

what am i missing in addition to a regular workout that includes cleans and deads?

I would think cutting that much weight would make you a little weaker. You're best hope would be to just maintain what you have so look in the FAQ for that.

But seriously, folks. It's all about bleu cheese and hotdogs...

I don't understand. Which one of the guys in the picture is strong? I could easily pick up the blue guy, but I bet the red guy would have a hard time picking me up. In short, if doing what the red guy is doing is strong, then I am strong. If being picked up by the red guy is strong, then I doubt that I am.

I clicked....then I lol'd.

Pwnt.

Football strength is no good for MMA. Seriously.

thats was 7years ago....seriously if i knew this forum was just gonna be full of assholes and no help i wouldnt have bothered asking

I don't understand. Which one of the guys in the picture is strong? I could easily pick up the blue guy, but I bet the red guy would have a hard time picking me up. In short, if doing what the red guy is doing is strong, then I am strong. If being picked up by the red guy is strong, then I doubt that I am.

The best way to practice lifting really real life mens who tend to sweat, wiggle and resist, is to lift mens that are sweating, wiggling and resisting.

thats was 7years ago....seriously if i knew this forum was just gonna be full of assholes and no help i wouldnt have bothered asking

Will go to the prom with me? I have a mini-van.

Back