Lifting for MMA

Post your routine.

Turn on your sarcasm meter.

If you are truly strong, any perceived lack of 'functional grappling strength' is simply a function of technique and conditioning. Being strong carries over to everything. There is no magical grappling analog that will make you stronger only for grappling. Except grappling. Use heavy compound lifts to get strong and work technique in your MA classes. And turn on your sarcasm meter.

Will go to the prom with me? I have a mini-van.

I never would have posted here for the past 3 years if you were just going to ask some meathead football player to the prom. Asshole.

I never would have posted here for the past 3 years if you were just going to ask some meathead football player to the prom. Asshole.

It's not you....it's me.

TS:

People here make jokes of people asking questions about "lifting for MMA", because they too were ridiculed the first time they came here and asked the same kind of questions. As to the answer, see below:

Being strong carries over to everything. There is no magical grappling analog that will make you stronger only for grappling. Except grappling. Use heavy compound lifts to get strong and work technique in your MA classes.

TS:

Don't mind takeamime. He has no sense of humor and enjoys pointless arguments without end. He's also quite wrong about the reasons for sarcasm. Most people here have heard the same questions over and over. Some people realize this and move on....but not me. I like it here. And I have nothing better to do.

TS: If you want to start working out properly, start a log. Check out bacon's log to give you an idea of proper workout intensity.

I'm curious what gamebreaker's deadlift PR was after 11 years of training.

He said in a different thread that he could incline press 315 for 4 reps. I would imagine that his DL was at least that good.

Back