Liddell vs Anderson silva: who would have won?

Spider murks him. If chuck wasn’t countering grapplers he wasn’t doing shit.

Anderson would wreck Chuckie. That guy at his best was a striking artist and he'd be using Liddell as his canvas for maybe a round before he went night-night. There are very few strikers I'd pick oiver prime Anderson and Liddell definitely isn't one of them.

That wasn't prime Chuck in 2007 tho

Yes but I think that's the closest that the 2 could have ever matched up a couple years before that Anderson would have been a 168 lbs.

Prime Silva would stiffen any LHW in history with the exception of Jones. Yes that includes DC, who could not do any damage against a post-surgery, 2 days notice Anderson Silva.
I think prime Romero beats prime Silva. If prime Romero fights seriously

Chuckles with an already cracked chin after Rampage?

Bad fight,great show.
Anderson counters him all night long or put him down later.

Now pre Rampage Chuck with that iron chin and confident striking and his pokey fingers?

Crazy match up.

Don’t know if Andy would put him down before a huge overhand hits him or he loses one eye.

lol Silva would've matrix'd poor Chuck.

Prime Silva would stiffen any LHW in history with the exception of Jones. Yes that includes DC, who could not do any damage against a post-surgery, 2 days notice Anderson Silva.
Thats funny because Anderson turned down a gift chance at Shoguns LHW title when shogun called him out.

"no, no. this is NOT the fight. I 185. I down here. you, teh Shogun, you come down to here. I no fight at teh lightheavyweight. u come here. lhw title shot not for me"

Guy had all the confidence in the world against Bonnar and Griffen but not so much for a prime Shogun

Also, btw, to anyone with eyes that saw the DC fight, it was obvious as fuck DC carried Anderson because he didnt want to brutalize a guy that saved his MASSIVE payday on 2 days notice.

How someone can watch Anderson get power-raped by Weidman back to back and think he should be favored over DC is fucking baffling lol.

You mean the Cormier that just KO'd a guy that ate shots from guys like Overeem and JDS without folding?

DC cruised against Silva. He clearly was grateful that Silva saved the event (and got DC paid). He could have finished him with minimal effort. If you had watched the fight, you would see that he was tenative by design.

thank fuck. Sometimes I wonder if this subforum is a lost cause. Glad to see someone restore faith

Last edited:
Irvin was not afraid, he was over confident cocky and stupid with that leg kick and he paid for it.

He wanted a rematch so bad he almost killed himself dropping to 185 to try and earn a title shot there.

If Irvin had fought how he does best with clean crisp sharp powerful boxing he had a damn good chance to one shot ko silva.

The Irvin that walked out and threw one punch against the “for real Houston Alexander “ would have given Silva serious problems.

Dumb ass tried to kick and payed for it
dude no version of james irvin even gives the current Anderson Silva any problems

Spider murks him. If chuck wasn’t countering grapplers he wasn’t doing shit.

Anderson would kill him but that narrative is bs. So Wanderlei, Vitor, Pele, Overeem isn't shit?

Thats funny because Anderson turned down a gift chance at Shoguns LHW title when shogun called him out.

"no, no. this is NOT the fight. I 185. I down here. you, teh Shogun, you come down to here. I no fight at teh lightheavyweight. u come here. lhw title shot not for me"

Guy had all the confidence in the world against Bonnar and Griffen but not so much for a prime Shogun

Also, btw, to anyone with eyes that saw the DC fight, it was obvious as fuck DC carried Anderson because he didnt want to brutalize a guy that saved his MASSIVE payday on 2 days notice.

How someone can watch Anderson get power-raped by Weidman back to back and think he should be favored over DC is fucking baffling lol.

thank fuck. Sometimes I wonder if this subforum is a lost cause. Glad to see someone restore faith
Realistically, a fight vs a Chuteboxe dude was awkward...

I understand Spider on this one.

On a sidenote, when Spider decided to leave Chuteboxe, the Rua Brothers were supposed to leave with him, but they backed out at the last moment..

Pretty uneasy situation...

About DC´s supposed carry-job vs Spider, it´s only in some MMA fans´head...

Iceman obviously has a puncher's chance but Silva is/was by far the better striker. Quite an easy pick.

Silva. It’s not really hard to imagine. Chuck with his hands-down, chin up stance would get blasted. Chuck struggled even in his prime against good strikers but had the chin and heart to come back with those bombs.

Silva all the way.

Anderson.

Chuck is too hittable. He leaves himself open a lot during exchanges and he’s susceptible to leg kicks because of his stance. Anderson would eat him up. Too accurate, too many weapons.

Always a big fan of the Iceman, so I might be bias.

But I think Silva will win.

Anderson would kill him but that narrative is bs. So Wanderlei, Vitor, Pele, Overeem isn't shit?

Washed Wanderlei dropped him twice and forced Chuck to shoot.

A victory over depressed Vitor is nothing special.

Bulimic Overeem gassed getting out of bed that morning and was still lighting Chuck up.

I will not entertain any arguments for a guy that got out struck by Keith Jardine as an elite striker. He was spoon fed grapplers in the ufc. We all know what happened when he played with the big dogs of LHW.

Back