Liddell vs Anderson silva: who would have won?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Circa 2007 after Chuck lost his belt to Rampage and Anderson Silva had just defended his belt vs Marquardt.

Who would you have taken in this superfight at 205lbs back in late 2007? I think Silva would have gotten it done via matrix KO.

Spider would have put the ice man on ice skates.

Would have been interesting though. I can bet that Lidell wouldn't have had any fear in going after Silva. Unlike guys that feared him ala Griffin, Irvin, Maia, Cote, etc...

That wasn't prime Chuck in 2007 tho

Chuck KO’s the Spider in dramatic fashion lol I’m kidding i have no idea who would win this. I would favour Silva but I can’t count out the Iceman.

any version of Chuck gets merked by 09 Silva

Sadly, I think it would have looked somewhere between Silva’s Griffin and Franklin fight.... if only because Liddell would have been *slightly* more technical than Griffin.

Silva’s striking was lightyears ahead of Chuck’s. Chuck was a very basic and clumsy brawler with power. Not just Silva, but even today’s top MWs (not even LHWs) would have beaten him up pretty severely.

Liddell that fought belfort and the first time against Babalu, would have taken the fight to silva.

I give silva the edge.

Anderson would KO Chuck. Seriously, Anderson was better than Chuck at everything striking related. If it was early Chuck where he'd try to take him down like he did against Pele there may be a chance. Prime for prime though Anderson fucks Chuck up worse than his coke habit.

Dude 2007 Silva is damn near unbeatable, He would have made chuck look very stupid as he tagged him again and again in route to a finish.

Prime Chuck vs. prime anderson silva?

Have to go with Chuck. He had a great chin, decent cardio and killshot power. Silva would have had a huge size and strength disadvantage. Sure he was faster and more accurate but Silva was a guy that fought at 170 the first half of his career.

Chuck was a huge LHW.

Not to mention Chuck had a 2" reach advantage and given they were both counter strikers, he would have needed only one punch.

Prime Silva would stiffen any LHW in history with the exception of Jones. Yes that includes DC, who could not do any damage against a post-surgery, 2 days notice Anderson Silva.

Liddell after that first loss to Randy and before the second loss to Rampage would have given Silva a pretty good fight. I still give Silva the edge but he def would have been cracked a few times

Liddell that fought belfort and the first time against Babalu, would have taken the fight to silva.

I give silva the edge.
the best strike Chuck landed on Vitor was a looping hook while off balance that he never would have landed on Silva

silvas crisp boxing would have had liddel wiffing his sloppy haymakers all night.

The only way chuck wins is via eye poke

Prime Silva would stiffen any LHW in history with the exception of Jones. Yes that includes DC, who could not do any damage against a post-surgery, 2 days notice Anderson Silva.

You mean the Cormier that just KO'd a guy that ate shots from guys like Overeem and JDS without folding?

DC cruised against Silva. He clearly was grateful that Silva saved the event (and got DC paid). He could have finished him with minimal effort. If you had watched the fight, you would see that he was tenative by design.

Back