• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Liberal santa sends young boy away in tears after refusing to gift him a nerf gun for Christmas

Epic douche move... what a turd. Not only is he a beta asshole, the bitch didn't even try to put on a
deeper "Santa Voice". He went with the full on Pajama Boy voice.

Liberals and children seem to be a bad combination. Having the Millennials educating Gen Z is already turning out to be a disaster.

I literally explained this in my first post and I'm somehow the one being obtuse?

Did you miss the part where I mentioned this not being rocket science?

Question: is the nerf gun reasonable or not?
I didn't see you mention the knife. I know some parents would say that's reasonable, others would say it's crazy. The nerf one I don't care that much about, I wouldn't get it for my kid but if I were a Santa I wouldn't question it if a kid asked me. But I never thought about it, I probably would throw that one to the parents now that I have. For all we know the guy was just trying to avoid the issue by letting the parents decide.

Toy, fine. Actual weapon, not fine. Simple even for mall Santa's.
Says who? My nephew has been given knives by his mom and the police officers we're friends with. I wasn't allowed anything sharper than a hard-boiled egg at his age. It sounds like the distinction is arbitrary.

"Liberal" Santa is ensuring we got get another racist murderer Kyle Rittenhouse.

"Liberal" Santa may have saved lives.

I didn't see you mention the knife. I know some parents would say that's reasonable, others would say it's crazy. The nerf one I don't care that much about, I wouldn't get it for my kid but if I were a Santa I wouldn't question it if a kid asked me. But I never thought about it, I probably would throw that one to the parents now that I have. For all we know the guy was just trying to avoid the issue by letting the parents decide.

I'm talking about the actual scenario shown in the OP. Your post here indicates that you think the nerf gun is a reasonable request even if you didn't say it outloud.

On the topic of the knife that to me seems unreasonable and as a Santa clause I would say no. Those two situations are in no way the same and I'll be honest but how is this a plausible scenario? Do you know many parents gifting their 5 year olds with knives? That being said kids ask for all sorts of insane shit. I remember asking Santa for a bazooka or a Samurai sword. Santa shut me down and no one cried foul.

Again this isn't rocket science like you are making it out to be. Just call the Santa in the OP a retard and move it along.

Grew up in the Texas Panhandle, about as rural as it gets. I'm not saying people don't hunt, I'm saying there aren't many actually living off of their hunts. It's a hobby, not survival.
Gotcha. I live in Montana and a lot of folks fill their freezer with wild game for the year. Every place is different for sure.

My wife recently told me she wouldn't let our kids play with toy guns and I was actually fine with it. It's not like people are hunting for sustenance anymore, it's not a symbol of being a man. It's a tool designed to take away life. Why glorify that do developing minds?

You sound like my hippy dippy uncle. He refused to allow his sons to have toy guns for reasons like your own. Result - they turned their sister’s Barbie dolls into guns and pretended to shoot each other. And about those sisters? They both married hard core right wingers. The family is perfectly functional and all but the kids absolutely rejected their parents attempts at liberal control. Now I did say “liberal” and not “authoritarian progressive” which is more common these days. Maybe the latter will produce better compliance

Gotcha. I live in Montana and a lot of folks fill their freezer with wild game for the year. Every place is different for sure.
I don't think kids living in those homes are asking mall Santas for Nerf guns, I really doubt they are bawling like babies because Santa said ask your dad. There should be some reverence for the act of hunting, it's a serious thing to take a life and you have to be responsible not just to kill humanely but to keep your ecosystem in balance. Which I understand means killing a lot of deer, without predators to keep them in check.

I saw more deer driving through Montana for a day than I have seen in my entire life combined. It was insane. I have no doubt a family could easily live off their hunts up there. I actually hope to be at a point some day where the only meat my family eats comes from kills I made. Meat has a price beyond the monetary value, I think factory farming removes us from that reality.

You sound like my hippy dippy uncle. He refused to allow his sons to have toy guns for reasons like your own. Result - they turned their sister’s Barbie dolls into guns and pretended to shoot each other. And about those sisters? They both married hard core right wingers. The family is perfectly functional and all but the kids absolutely rejected their parents attempts at liberal control. Now I did say “liberal” and not “authoritarian progressive” which is more common these days. Maybe the latter will produce better compliance
*shrugs*
My dad grew up shooting whatever was unfortunate enough to move in to his crosshairs out in the country. Me and my siblings weren't allowed to shoot or have knives. I don't think I'm going to let my kids play with guns even if they're toys, my nephew has more Nerf guns and knives than he can count.

I think all parents are different and all kids are different. They aren't going to become vegans or sociopathic killers because I don't buy them toy guns.

You'll shoot your eye out kid. I don't blame Santa.

57bac599acff75eaeb4037965582651a.jpg

Woke Santa sucks, but holy shit that kid should have had the shit spanked out out of him for not taking no as an answer. If Santa Claus says he can't do a gift, you say "Well, I hope you have a Merry Christmas anyway" and pray he brings you anything at all.

Wow, that kid is a fucking baby. And of course his mom coddles him immediately, it's no wonder the kid is so soft. Kind of brings up an interesting question though, is there a limit to what Santa must agree to? What if the kid asked for a real knife? Is Santa supposed to immediately agree, or is he supposed to ask the parents and adopt whatever philosophy they have even if it conflicts with their own?

I bet there's some insanely awkward moments for those guys, kids asking for dead and divorced parents back and shit.
Hes a gotdamn mall Santa. You agree to whatever the kid asks for for fuck sake. Then it falls onto the parents to deal with it. Not his fucking place to interject his beliefs

Hes a gotdamn mall Santa. You agree to whatever the kid asks for for fuck sake. Then it falls onto the parents to deal with it. Not his fucking place to interject his beliefs
What if the parents are against guns but Santa said he would do it?

Back