• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lewis quit

he probably had his orbital broken the first time he poked gane and caught a solid straight to the eye socket.

im guessing the finish started when he caught another straight to that eye and it probably hurt.

Lewis was getting destroyed like anyone with a clue knew he would ...I have no issue with him looking for the door at that point

He's always said it's the money not the title and he doesn't train hard enough. He's just racking in the cash. Will obviously never be champ but always very fun to watch. Was kind of sad to see the fake eye poke stuff though...

I disagree. He recovered from the first flurry, when he could've taken a way out. He was just too battered to continue

To chase someone would necessitate them running. The only one running last night was Gane. He walked Lewis down like everyone does in his fights, as Lewis is mostly just a head hunter who, because of his weight and lack of cardio, has to stand back and wait for an opening. Gane stayed on his toes the first two rounds peppering Lewis with what Nick Diaz would call, "little, baby leg kicks," being very careful to stay out of Lewis's range. A few times he fucked up and had to run like hell. By the third round, Gane felt comfortable enough with distance/ range to start throwing some very heavy leg kicks. Those hurt Lewis very bad, leaving him on one leg, basically. Sensing that, Gane went in for the kill and tko'd Lewis.
Is that a criticism or a praise?

The black beast has no stamina. No beautiful techniques. All just power. Dinosaurs like him need to go from the HW division.

The guy admits he doesnt even run
So you want the guy knocking most everyone out to go and the guys he knocked out to stay ?

How many times do you have to quit before you are labelled a quitter?

BJ Penn
Chael
Overeem
Lewis
Conor

All fighters that you can't think of two examples of them fighting back through a moment of adversity during a fight, within a fight.

They break and give up.

Good list. Barboza is another one.

Incredible that it was ever a real debate about who would win . One of the most obvious fights to pick , I mean really it's hilarious how many people really believed Lewis would win . I don't mean fan who crossed their fingers hoping for the hail Mary to land... But like so many people really thought Black Beast had this in the bag <45> . Amazing
And yes Lewis gave up . He has before but faking three eye pokes in a row ? With the last not connecting with anything at all and then just curl up and wait for the ref ? Eh probably for the better I guess I'm sure he realized he fucked up when he felt the first leg kick <Lmaoo>

People forget that Lewis has the most knockouts at HW and is tied for the most knockouts in the UFC. You can make fun of him after this fight, but Lewis does find ways to finish his fights. Gane was just too quick for Lewis to catch.

I think a moment he realized he was in deep shit occurred when gane popped him in the eye with a quick punch and it stung Lewis so badly he thought it was a legitimate eye poke

Are you sure about that? Shit... I've lost count on how many wars Barboza has fought
How many of those has we won? Most of his wins are him putting on a clean striking clinic, or a quick sub on the ground.

To chase someone would necessitate them running. The only one running last night was Gane. He walked Lewis down like everyone does in his fights, as Lewis is mostly just a head hunter who, because of his weight and lack of cardio, has to stand back and wait for an opening. Gane stayed on his toes the first two rounds peppering Lewis with what Nick Diaz would call, "little, baby leg kicks," being very careful to stay out of Lewis's range. A few times he fucked up and had to run like hell. By the third round, Gane felt comfortable enough with distance/ range to start throwing some very heavy leg kicks. Those hurt Lewis very bad, leaving him on one leg, basically. Sensing that, Gane went in for the kill and tko'd Lewis.
Sounds like a really good game plan against a guy with devastating power.. and I was rooting for Lewis.

People forget that Lewis has the most knockouts at HW and is tied for the most knockouts in the UFC. You can make fun of him after this fight, but Lewis does find ways to finish his fights. Gane was just too quick for Lewis to catch.
the saddest thing in sport is when you meet a guy 100 times better, Gane showed that Derrick didn't belong in the cage with him.

it looked like adult vs child.

Back