• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lewis quit

BJ Penn
Chael
Overeem
Lewis
Conor

All fighters that you can't think of two examples of them fighting back through a moment of adversity during a fight, within a fight.

They break and give up.

I can’t believe how many people actually thought Lewis was going to win the fight. The only surprise to me was how early Gane finished the fight. I expected a decision, or later finish. A Hail Mary haymaker KO after getting beat up for most of a fight is a bad gameplan.

First off what a masterclass by Gane. I felt bad for Derrick watching this, it was clear he had absolutely nothing to offer. If they fight 10 times, Gane wins 10 times and gets the finish at least 8 of those 10 times.

Around 2:04 Derrick loads up with a big right hand and left hook, hits nothing but air. As soon as he resets Gane drills him with a low kick and Derrick is immediately looking for a way out. You can see in his face he's done, his body language changes and he wants this to be over. Gane immediately picked up on that and went for the finish.

Classy stuff by Gane all around. Derrick is entertaining but just doesn't have the heart of a champion.

I think it was the low kicks in the last round that made him quit.

I was pretty drunk but I remember Gane just pressuring Lewis with Lewis having his back against the cage

Gane chased him most of the fight. You were drunk yet saw it.
That 85er still doesn't see it.

First off what a masterclass by Gane. I felt bad for Derrick watching this, it was clear he had absolutely nothing to offer. If they fight 10 times, Gane wins 10 times and gets the finish at least 8 of those 10 times.

Around 2:04 Derrick loads up with a big right hand and left hook, hits nothing but air. As soon as he resets Gane drills him with a low kick and Derrick is immediately looking for a way out. You can see in his face he's done, his body language changes and he wants this to be over. Gane immediately picked up on that and went for the finish.

Classy stuff by Gane all around. Derrick is entertaining but just doesn't have the heart of a champion.
yeah, it wasn't a good sign when he kept looking to the ref for an eye poke that was a punch.

Shertards can't predict fights. Whoever thought Lewis was gonna KO Gane should stop watching MMA.

Derrek Lewis has made a career of being less talented that his opponent but having the power to close the show despite that.Junior and Hunt gave us a tease of that happens when Lewis fights a skilled striker with power. Tends to show his hand if someone lands one good body shot so it's not surprising that instead of hiding that his leg was hurt he turtled into a ball until getting finished.

So black beast lost like we all new he would, just in a more embarrassing fashion. But what’s next?

Tell me I’m wrong, If Tuivasa can get a ranked win before Lewis’s next signed fight, that would be on helluva match. Somebody definitely getting ktfo and high stakes for both if they lose.

Gane chased him most of the fight. You were drunk yet saw it.
That 85er still doesn't see it.
To chase someone would necessitate them running. The only one running last night was Gane. He walked Lewis down like everyone does in his fights, as Lewis is mostly just a head hunter who, because of his weight and lack of cardio, has to stand back and wait for an opening. Gane stayed on his toes the first two rounds peppering Lewis with what Nick Diaz would call, "little, baby leg kicks," being very careful to stay out of Lewis's range. A few times he fucked up and had to run like hell. By the third round, Gane felt comfortable enough with distance/ range to start throwing some very heavy leg kicks. Those hurt Lewis very bad, leaving him on one leg, basically. Sensing that, Gane went in for the kill and tko'd Lewis.

Lewis didn't quit, he just got bored from watching a grown man bounce around and run away.

Yeah, how dare Gane for not standing still with his back to the fence and letting Lewis windmill punches at him in between all the time he spent chasing Derrick around the cage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back