Lewis is way, way easier opponent for Jailton than Blaydes

The last time Lewis got grapple fucked was by Cormier (I did not watch the spivak fight)

Lewis could have a strong performance Tdd and scramble wise.

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing Almeida's striking tested. Blaydes has the wrestling to keep the fight on the feet where the fight would have been interesting.

All we've seen Jailton against are guys who he can get to the ground and strangle within 90 seconds. Derrick Lewis despite him winning recently is another one of these guys. Outside of a quick shock KO, he is getting taken down and choked with little to no resistance.

You never know what will happen with Lewis... and at HW in general, more than in any other weight classes.

On a good day, Lewis can win that fight in the first exchange

I've opened this thread previously, about Blaydes probably being problematic matchup for Almeida.
Lewis, though, will get taken down - and recently he gets more and more trouble of muscling out of grappling danger.

I won't be surprised if Jailton RNCs Lewis in the first.

Your thoughts?
Bro we already decided Jailton takes him down in 10 secs submits him in 20 30 second fight total

I hope Lewis can defend a few takedowns to make it interesting on the feet, but considering his age, mileage and recent run(more specifically the Spivak fight where he got manhandled) I'm not too confident he'll be able to get much going.

Blaydes is definitely a much more interesting stylistic matchup and is in or closer to his prime then Lewis is. That was a really interesting test for Almeida on the feet and on the ground, oh well shit happens.

As others have pointed out as well, it's also heavyweight and Lewis hits like a truck so anything can happen there.

knockout-derrick-lewis.gif

Me when Lewis lands this again but on Almeida:

The last time Lewis got grapple fucked was by Cormier (I did not watch the spivak fight)
You know that fights happen even when you don't watch them, right?
Lewis got proper grapplefucked by Spivak, worse than against DC. And Spivak was totally unable to take down Gane of all people.

Lewis could have a strong performance Tdd and scramble wise.

Ill save you time. He got grapplefucked worse by Spivak than he did vs Cormier. And Jailton to my eye is much better than Spiavak. All Lewis can do is pray for a Hail Mary.

TS is right of course. Unless Lewis lands a kill shot early. I wouldn’t bet on it, but I said the same last time he fought and look how that ended.

Back