Let's weed out the delusional McGregor fans

2n21a1v.jpg

Last edited:
Call it delusion and I'll call it fear.

The same thing happened with Jones and Weidman, people were saying it was delusion that the champ could be beat. As an Aldo fan I can say I'm not surprised you're shook...McGregor is dangerous.

If I was shook about Aldo losing I wouldn't have brought it up. I am shaken by the delusion that's taking place.

The lines are so blurred at this point I think you're more of a McGregor fan

And I thought Bones would beat Shogun, Shogun isn't remotely in the same ball park as Aldo. How old was Anderson? I wasn't surprised by that either. Aldo is still in his prime.

Dangerous to non-elite competition? Sure. Aldo is a different beast.

What? Being dangerous to low competition is the same as being dangerous to high competition...look at Matt Brown, he gave Lawler a hell of a fight and he'd never fought high competition before that.

I know how good Aldo is, he's the P4P king, but McGregor is dangerous. Remember...Jon got a title shot off of Bader, The Janitor and Vera.

I like them both and theres absolutely no reason, no excuse u can make to argue that this should not be a competitive matchup.

To the connor haters- whether you like it or not connor is amongst the top. the only other person in the division to steamroll opponents like this is mendes who put on a show with aldo. On top of that, connors list of opponents is more impressive then mendes last run. Connor is blowing through his competition with style. If you gave all the same opponents connor has had to anybody else in the division besides aldo, mendes, edgar they would not blow all those guys out and make them look silly. That justifies that connor is amongst the top people in his division without a doubt. Its not even a question anymore you are just hating on the guy

To those with "In connor we trust" tattooed to their chest- Aldo is legit no doubt. Aldo has proven himself time and time again. Aldo does squeak out wins at times but no matter what he wins. Hes as legit as the featherweight division gets. Aldo is on another level of competition then connors previous opponents and has all the tools to beat connor no doubt. These two make for a very good matchup and no matter what happens it will likely be competitive and well probably see an immediate rematch or one fight out and then rematch for this fight.

And to everybody forgetting frankie edgar. That dude still fights and dominates. Hes likely to beat both of these guys. He dropped a close decision to aldo already but when they fight again i dont think it will go the same way

What? Being dangerous to low competition is the same as being dangerous to high competition...look at Matt Brown, he gave Lawler a hell of a fight and he'd never fought high competition before that.

I know how good Aldo is, he's the P4P king, but McGregor is dangerous. Remember...Jon got a title shot off of Bader, The Janitor and Vera.

No lol. Its not. I could go find an amatuer fighter right now who looks like a beast. Put him in the octagon and he will look like a fool.

Conor simply hasn't fought elite competition. Beating grandpa siver doesn't prove he is capable of beating Aldo.

I have never really understood account bets. Why does anyone care whether another person posts or not? There are thousands of people on here. What does one more matter. It's placing a bet where if you win you don't get anything.

If you see someone writing garbage about outcome of a future fight, call him out for a bet. After fight when it is confirmed the guy you called out was talking garbage has to do something amusing, seeing him to have hello kitty avatar with some embrassing sig is what you get. In old days sherdog had few loud mouthed posters, sig bet was a way to decrease the amount of these annoying posters, or at least muting them for some time.

No lol. Its not. I could go find an amatuer fighter right now who looks like a beast. Put him in the octagon and he will look like a fool.

Conor simply hasn't fought elite competition. Beating grandpa siver doesn't prove he is capable of beating Aldo.

That's amateur competition, I have no idea why you mentioned amateurs. Running through top 15 guys like that is very impressive considering the durability of some of them. And completely dominating Holloway is way more impressive than anyone gives him credit for.

All the great champions have ran through low competition and looked good on the way. Don't let McGregor hate cloud your judgement.

It's not delusional at all to believe McGregor stands a very fair chance.

No. But what's delusional is thinking hes the greatest with what hes accomplished so far. And the forum is rife with that kind of idiocy.

Man i dont know what the fuck is gonna happen but im rooting for Conor. Will he bless us with a knockout over the champion?

No. But what's delusional is thinking hes the greatest with what hes accomplished so far. And the forum is rife with that kind of idiocy.

Do you honestly believe people think he's the greatest?

i'd love to see a mass banning of accounts as result of this fight - it would make things pretty intense. if there's an official way for us to this in front of a mod, i'm happy to participate; although, my account isn't worth very much. i think aldo will undoubtedly beat mcgregor.

i'd love to see a mass banning of accounts as result of this fight - it would make things pretty intense. if there's an official way for us to this in front of a mod, i'm happy to participate; although, my account isn't worth very much. i think aldo will undoubtedly beat mcgregor.

Sherdog I.q would go up a few points. Im down for the sacrifice.

I'm down for a sig bet, Account aint worth shit lol. 30 days sound good?

Sure thing. Write something good for me. If I'm going to look like a dork, I want to look like a really big dork. PM details any time.

I'm up for a sig bet too, McGregor may take it

That's amateur competition, I have no idea why you mentioned amateurs. Running through top 15 guys like that is very impressive considering the durability of some of them. And completely dominating Holloway is way more impressive than anyone gives him credit for.

All the great champions have ran through low competition and looked good on the way. Don't let McGregor hate cloud your judgement.

Listen, could MCG beat Aldo? Sure, its an MMA fight. Looking at the math behind the fighters. Aldo has proven himself time and time again against nothing but the best. MCG has wins against 3 ranked opponents, Holloway, Siver, and Poier.

PLEASE feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but Holloway,Siver, and Poier(sp?) have no wins against top 15 opponents.

In summary, the bold prediction that MCG can dominate/beat Aldo, is simply unsupported by the numbers. Could MCG win? SURE. Based on the numbers, highly unlikely.

Listen, could MCG beat Aldo? Sure, its an MMA fight. Looking at the math behind the fighters. Aldo has proven himself time and time again against nothing but the best. MCG has wins against 3 ranked opponents, Holloway, Siver, and Poier.

PLEASE feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but Holloway,Siver, and Poier(sp?) have no wins against top 15 opponents.

In summary, the bold prediction that MCG can dominate/beat Aldo, is simply unsupported by the numbers. Could MCG win? SURE. Based on the numbers, highly unlikely.

I class the fight with Bermudez a win and no technically they don't but like I said before, it's not like he looks okay against these guys he looks MUCH better. He's a great fighter and I'm tired of people who dislike the stupid fans overlooking his skillset. His skillset is greater than his achievements.

The best way to do it would be like a poll. Make it clear that if the fighter you select loses - Your account is to be terminated. If you don't want to participate do not vote.

That way come fight time there could be a huge mass banning of accounts. It would be a very entertaining thread.

Back