Let's Talk About Paulo Costa's Overrated Power...Again!!!

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Costa is a good striker but just looking at the evidence and facts, Paulo isn't even one of the top 5 one hitter quitters at 185.

List of one hitter quitters ahead of Costa in no particular order ...

Jared Cannonier
Yoel Romero
Derek Brunson
Robert and
Kelvin Gastelum
Hell even Adesanya has a case
Maybe Till too.

Paulo-Costa-During-Fight-With-Yoel-Romero-1-768x576.jpg

Paulo is a weak pillow fisted puncher with no power, there is no way a guy of his size can generate a KO blow

:rolleyes:

No Costa hits stupid hard its just not on the button. He is the only guy to drop Romero in the UFC. Think about that for a second.
Touche. I was thinking about that. But that was a clean accurate shot as well. I keep saying Costa is more technical and maybe more intelligent than he's given credit for but his power is still overrated by many.

Costa is a good striker but just looking at the evidence and facts, Paulo isn't even one of the top 5 one hitter quitters at 185.

Jared Cannonier
Yoel Romero
Derek Brunson
Robert and
Kelvin Gastelum
Maybe Till too.

never heard of Robert And

Touche. I was thinking about that. But that was a clean accurate shot as well. I keep saying Costa is more technical and maybe more intelligent than he's given credit for but his power is still overrated by many.
He is way more technical than people think. In the romero fight when he was pressing he was still slipping romeros strikes and blocking them high even into the 3rd. Dudes a work horse and even by the 3rd round he still looked pretty good. I think Izzy has a hard fight against Costa to be honest, Izzy chins a bit more than he lets on. Kelvin and Romero both landed on the button against him.

Overrated power indeed, he clearly has some pop but he isn’t putting people to sleep.

Yoel was the first guy he didn't finish, and he dropped him. Volume doesn't mean you lack power. For a power puncher combinations make that style deadly.

Jared Cannonier
Yoel Romero
Derek Brunson
Robert and
Kelvin Gastelum
Maybe Till too.

Yes, Whittaker, adesanya, gastelum and till who have literally one hit quit NO ONE. Till perhaps the most overrated striker in the ufc.

He's one of the hardest hitters at 185 beside Romero and Canonier. Brunson also hits hard but not as much as the 3 mentioned. Also like to think Whittaker hits harder than Kelvin seeing as he actually dropped Till. Kelvin has only KO'd out of prime wash ups on their way to retirement and post USADA Brazilians. Till has 0 power, guy has feather fists
What? Till dropped Wonderboy and stopped Cerrone by strikes

Back