Let's not forget that Glover is a huge LHW

I'd just like to get a better understanding of this double-standard. I'm not one who personally subscribes to the "he's too big" argument. If you can make the weight without killing yourself then you're not too big for the division. But Jones haters cling to this argument, and they're the first ones clamoring over him looking mortal once he finally fought a guy his own size. But where are their criticisms of Gustafsson? He is just as "guilty" of fighting smaller guys is he not?

I kinda agree, but Jones' size advantage is more obvious because his skillset is more reliant on being big. That makes him look more like a bully than gus

Rampage is sub 6 feet

rampage is about 5'11/ 6 foot , that doesn't mean he is not a big guy. Height is only one of many factors that determine overall size. The main thing is frame and bone density.

Let's also not forget that he's a very legit wrestler (100% TDD) with good striking with a shitton of power. He's a great BJJ grappler, also. Jones has his hands full.

rampage is about 5'11/ 6 foot , that doesn't mean he is not a big guy. Height is only one of many factors that determine overall size. The main thing is frame and bone density.

Well, I know that. But we know their weight already.

@ jban, there ya go

Let's also not forget that he's a very legit wrestler (100% TDD) with good striking with a shitton of power. He's a great BJJ grappler, also. Jones has his hands full.

Good post. We finally agree on something. I remember days before the Gus fight how nobody was giving him a shot. Now i read the same posts about Glover. Glover has way more power than Gus by the way and is much better on the ground. This will be a real close fight and not an one-sided affair like many feel it will be.

Good post. We finally agree on something. I remember days before the Gus fight how nobody was giving him a shot. Now i read the same posts about Glover. Glover has way more power than Gus by the way and is much better on the ground. This will be a real close fight and not an one-sided affair like many feel it will be.
Yup, agreed. I'm pretty curious as to how Jones comes to fight now after his humbling affair against Gus.

I still think this fight belongs to Jones, but it will be a great fight. Glover is no joke and can definitely win.

Rampage-e-Glover-fim-face-552x768.jpg

and the first time Jones fought a guy his own size he looked mortal... just saying.

Btw: Gus 1,2,3.

By own size?
Are people reffering to height?

Or are they just confused?

Why dont we ever hear about Gus fighting people "his own size" ever?

Glover isn't long enough to cancel out Jone's length like Gus is

Glover can ko anyone and has the setups and combos to do it but I would be surprised if hes able to close in on jones. Jones' range and ability to mix things up will get him the w, if he pulls out those headkicks he landed on gus glover might have a short night.. he did get rocked by bader last time out...

Not like getting rocked by a massive Lhw wrestler like bader is something to be ashamed of. Would be willing to bet bader probably hits harder then Jones.

Glover isn't long enough to cancel out Jone's length like Gus is

He's also not tall enough, fast enough and doesn't have enough of a chin. All the things Gus needed to put up a fight with Jones Glover doesn't have except power. At 34 he's considerably slower than Gus and if Bader could have Glover about to go down imagine him getting hit by a Jones spinning elbow.

Let's not forget that Glover has a 100% TDD rate.

Rampage-e-Glover-fim-face-552x768.jpg

and the first time Jones fought a guy his own size he looked mortal... just saying.

Btw: Gus 1,2,3.

glover wont give a fk what jones trows and will just walk forward with big punches, a very dangerous fight for jones

Not like getting rocked by a massive Lhw wrestler like bader is something to be ashamed of. Would be willing to bet bader probably hits harder then Jones.

I think Glover was rocked in some other fight before as well? Don't remember that clearly but just have this image in my head of him looking wobbly after a punch that didn't even look that hard. Against.. Rampage maybe? Or was it Te Huna? Can't remember.

I hope the fight will be competitive, but it's hard to bet against Bones.

Back