Let's not forget that Glover is a huge LHW

The "a fighter his own size" story is getting lame.And it takes off merits from Gus' performance.

Bonnar was huge,with more reach,faced a much younger Jones and yet he got destroyed.Rampage was also bigger than Jones for sure.

And this coming from a guy who really likes Glover and will root for him vs Jones.
bonnar lost but it wasnt a stomping

He looked like a HW when he fought Page. How is his gas tank though?

Yeah, lets totally discredit Gus by making it about his size and not at all about his skill. Good show.

And acting like size wasn't a factor discredits Jones' previous title defenses. Gus' reach and ability to use it wasn't the only factor, but it WAS a factor that helped him be much more successful against Jones than Jones' previous defenses.

The way to beat Jones is to continuously move around and throw a high amount of hand strikes to the body and head (or test his ground skills by taking him down which I don't see Glover doing). Glover plods forward looking for power shots and doesn't have the movement to avoid Jones' kicks and TDs.

Gus was successful because he made Jones react to his movement, and didn't allow him to set up an easy TD/throw. I'm afraid Glover will follow the Rampage gameplan (if you can call it a gameplan) and look for power shots while plodding forward.

Glover can definitely win this fight if he tries to clinch with Jones against the fence and take him down, or use his bottom game to look for a submission.

I see Jones subbing Glover in less than 3 rounds.

The "a fighter his own size" story is getting lame.And it takes off merits from Gus' performance.

Bonnar was huge,with more reach,faced a much younger Jones and yet he got destroyed.Rampage was also bigger than Jones for sure.

And this coming from a guy who really likes Glover and will root for him vs Jones.

Bonnar's reach is nowhere near that of Jones.

Let's also not forget that Glover leaves his chin out there quite often. Bader and Maldonado had him hurt. Glover fought past it but I think Jones wins by (t)ko

He's been hit by no more than 5 good punches since he came into the UFC brah. That Maldonado punch people love to reference was the only thing he landed all fight after Glover got a bit too relaxed. He also recovered extremely well from the power punches he has taken. Jones also has less power and worse hands that both of those guys, though he is the better overall striker.

I think Jones will win, just not for the reason.

Back