Let's Make Atomweight for Michelle

Your opinion on creating a new 105-lb division

• Total voters
No, at least not for the foreseeable future. The UFC can't even run 2/3 of its women's divisions properly and they're barely succeeding with WSW, trying to open up 105 anytime soon would be a fucking clown show. Get the existing divisions stabilized and sorted out, then if there's enough interest in 105 and more importantly, enough decent fighters, then and only then should they consider opening up the division.

Wouldn't mind if 145 was closed to open a 105.

That's under One weight cutting rules though, she might make it if she didn't have to pass a hydration test

I might be wrong

lol, the weight cutting rules dont apply to Angela Lee

She 100% cuts to 115. She's fought at 125lb in ONE.

Heres an example of ONE's weight cutting rules in action.

A featherweight who cuts to 135lb versus a strawweight who walks around at 130

Colbey-Northcutt-VS-Putri-Padmi-at-ONE-EDGE-OF-GREATNESS-DUX-6450.jpg

ONE's weight cutting rules are applied VERY selectively. Angela Lee cuts to 115 and beats up 105'ers who walk around at 115

Super atomweight 108 is the way to go, drop the obsession with 10 pound steps.

I wonder if the UFC are actually considering a lower division, it's the only reason I can think of to explain why the likes of Chambers, Esquibel and Penne haven't been cut.

Super atomweight 108 is the way to go, drop the obsession with 10 pound steps.

I wonder if the UFC are actually considering a lower division, it's the only reason I can think of to explain why the likes of Chambers, Esquibel and Penne haven't been cut.

Penne cant even make 115 anymore lol

If they instituted hydration tests, Michelle wouldn't be able to make 105. There should be 3 weights for women in UFC, either 115, 130, 145 or 110, 125, 140.
-----------------------------------------------
“No,” she replied. “No, no, NO.”

Now animated, Waterson continued.

“So the last time I made 105, right after weigh-ins, the doctors had to check your pulse, and make sure you’re okay, and they couldn’t find my pulse for a whole hour. That’s how dangerous … it was dangerous for me.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/karate-hottie-doc-couldnt-find-pulse-weight-cut

20161216_0005_Michelle_Waterson.jpg

“I would love for there to be a 105-pound division for Michelle," said Mike Winkeljohn to BJPENN.com. "She is small for the division, but with that being said, she is right there. It is only the top two or three girls that are doing it to her at the moment that using the size. She is back in the gym and knows she made some mistakes. I’m thinking Joanna is going to win the world title, but we are trying to get Michelle to get some muscle and try to get that back.

10604564_710729932353050_1823502991075093557_o.0.0.jpg

"Michelle is a highly marketable and a great fighter and can go against any fighter in the division. She is going to work on some skills and work on muscle.”

630169390.jpg

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...ichelle-waterson-also-want-namajunas-rematch/

No. If she wants to fight at 105, there are already enough outside the UFC.

Watterson has to be in the running for most overrated fighter on this site. She's hot for WMMA, most of us get that. She's a solid journeyman though.

I can only handle watching a girl shrug off a flush head kick without so much as flinching so many times before i lose interest.

She's got skills for sure, but zero stopping power, her fights look like heavy sparring.

105 is a deeper division than 145 for sure, and probably deeper than 135. Y'all forgetting that they're cutting anywhere from 15 to 25 lbs if water weight. How many ultra lean, in shape women are 150-160 vs 115-125??

and bring ANGELA LEE over and have SEXIEST fighter at Atomweight
angela-lee-one-championship-53.jpg

a21147cc-a48f-11e9-9a3c-98259c87fba2_image_hires_191512.JPG

womens 105 actually has a deep talent pool globally, as opposed to 145. Waterson, Torres, and many other small UFC 115 fighters would be ready, also a lot of Invicta and ONE FC fighters. i believe it would be like mens 135

Angela Lee has never fought at 105. Her entire career has been at 115 or 125
Tecia cant make atomweight

So basically what you are left with is the Invicta 105'ers

I dont actually think theres a single girl in the UFC 115lb division that would make 105 outside of the wee farm girl who's name escapes me. She probably beats them all to be honest. :D

edit: Hannah Cifers

I'm curious as to your source that Torres can't make atomweight. I thought she mentioned on TUF that she was walking at 118, and I don't think she's grown much since then. I could very well be wrong, though. I believe Esparza would be better off at 105 as well, it would make it harder for others to shrug off her wrestling through size and strength alone.

waterson is past her prime and not a draw
no sense in making a weight class for someone who will retire soon

I'm curious as to your source that Torres can't make atomweight. I thought she mentioned on TUF that she was walking at 118, and I don't think she's grown much since then. I could very well be wrong, though. I believe Esparza would be better off at 105 as well, it would make it harder for others to shrug off her wrestling through size and strength alone.

She's put a lot of muscle on since then, and bearing in mind the TUF girls walked round much lighter for the filming off TUF that usual. Calderwood said she was walking at like 120-125 for TUF. because they had so many fights in a short space

TUF filming was also more than 5 years ago now. Tecia was 24-25, shes 30 now

There's already a 105 division. Its called elementary school kids fighting at recess

waterson is past her prime and not a draw
no sense in making a weight class for someone who will retire soon
there's not one specific fighter the weight class should be created for, like when they created 135 for Ronda. then again, there was no specific star in the making to create the 115 class for at the time either, and look at the vitality of that weightclass now

Last edited:
I already watch 105 lb women compete. It's called gymnastics.

Back