Let's Make Atomweight for Michelle

Your opinion on creating a new 105-lb division

• Total voters
People on here hate the lighter divisions just as much as they hate WMMA so I'm not surprised by the results of this poll so far lol. For example people love 135 but want 125 gone for some reason (it's a 10lb difference). I wouldn't mind a 105lb division, a 115lb male division wouldn't be that bad either. If the UFC wants to break into the Asian market the lighter weight classes are their best chance, just look at boxing.

Hell NO! FUCK NO!! Fuck outta here with more WMMA! WMMA with even less power? Fuck no! Just make weight cutting tougher, ban it then go from there. We don't need no more fucking Carla Esparzas on PPV or fuckin Eye, is that the one that got KTFO by Sheeva? Not a single PPV cent should go to fucking Chachoeira when im paying to watch Khabib vs Ferguson. Pissed me off when i paid to watch Shogun, Lil Nog, Machida, PED Henderson but stupidass Ronda was on the card the dipshit ass Dana White cliams it was Ronda that sold when she was always carried by big male names up until she actually got popular. Make it but start making all Male MMA and WMMA separate but equal cards lmao
<PlusJuan>

If they ever do make 105 it'll likely to be to try and capitalise on Angela Lee's popularity in South East Asia.

Angela Lee fights at strawweight (115lb)

No chance shes making 105 anytime soon

If the division had Angela Lee, Tecia Torres, Ayaka Hamasaki, Seo Hee Ham, Jinh Yu Frey, Ashlee Cummins, Viviane Pereira, Lyndsay VanZandt, Xiong Jingnan and Alesha Zappitella then I feel that's an okay start.

Angela Lee has never fought at 105. Her entire career has been at 115 or 125
Tecia cant make atomweight

So basically what you are left with is the Invicta 105'ers

I dont actually think theres a single girl in the UFC 115lb division that would make 105 outside of the wee farm girl who's name escapes me. She probably beats them all to be honest. :D

edit: Hannah Cifers

the last thing we need is more wmma. if they want a 115 division they should be forced to fight men

What kind of fucking girl walks around at 105#s in this day??!
Anorexic? Probably.
Might aswell have kids fighting.
Stupid idea.
<JonesDXSuckIt><{cruzshake}>

20161216_0005_Michelle_Waterson.jpg

“I would love for there to be a 105-pound division for Michelle," said Mike Winkeljohn to BJPENN.com. "She is small for the division, but with that being said, she is right there. It is only the top two or three girls that are doing it to her at the moment that using the size. She is back in the gym and knows she made some mistakes. I’m thinking Joanna is going to win the world title, but we are trying to get Michelle to get some muscle and try to get that back.

10604564_710729932353050_1823502991075093557_o.0.0.jpg

"Michelle is a highly marketable and a great fighter and can go against any fighter in the division. She is going to work on some skills and work on muscle.”

630169390.jpg

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...ichelle-waterson-also-want-namajunas-rematch/
would love to see a 105 division, but i don't think Michelle would come out on top

20161216_0005_Michelle_Waterson.jpg

“I would love for there to be a 105-pound division for Michelle," said Mike Winkeljohn to BJPENN.com. "She is small for the division, but with that being said, she is right there. It is only the top two or three girls that are doing it to her at the moment that using the size. She is back in the gym and knows she made some mistakes. I’m thinking Joanna is going to win the world title, but we are trying to get Michelle to get some muscle and try to get that back.

10604564_710729932353050_1823502991075093557_o.0.0.jpg

"Michelle is a highly marketable and a great fighter and can go against any fighter in the division. She is going to work on some skills and work on muscle.”

630169390.jpg

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...ichelle-waterson-also-want-namajunas-rematch/

no, then next poll would be, should there be 95 pounds weight division?>

She said that to cut to 105 her eyelashes would fall out. There will definitely be worse effects if she tried that cut now.

I swear I read a quote somewhere from Michelle saying that the cut down to 105 sucked and she would never try and do that again. And that was a few years ago, at 33 years old now the cut would be even tougher.

She's a strawweight now. Making a whole division for the 8th ranked strawweight who would struggle to make the lower weight class is a pretty funny thought.

Make it 107 or 108 and call it super atomweight. No need for 10 pound steps, in boxing there was a 6 pound gap between fly weight (112) and bantam (118) a few pounds gets more and more significant at the lower weights so why the obsession with 10 pounds?

108 would make it easier for small straws to drop down. 5 or 6 straws dropping down and 10 new signings would give you a reasonable division, numbers wise. You could easily compensate by cutting 10 women from the present roster, so your new division wouldn't mean increasing the number of women on the overall roster. Indeed the overall quality would go up by culling 10 also rans.

In my mind Van Buren v Cifers is already for the vacant super atom title, no matter what the scales say on weighin day.

Angela Lee fights at strawweight (115lb)

No chance shes making 105 anytime soon

That's under One weight cutting rules though, she might make it if she didn't have to pass a hydration test

I might be wrong

yeah, fighters typically walk around at the weight they're fighting at
I did. And competed amateur for years.
And some of my sparring buddies too. (couple of them fought on the UFC) 5 maybe 10 pounds cut at most. Minimal weight cut.

I mean I get it. But at what point you stop slashing weight divisions even further.
Is just not a realistic weight class.
Lots of 125ers gonna try to cut even more weight to make 105... and they are already ripped /extremely dehydrated.

Fuck no, 115-135 is perfect. 145 is a wasteland and 105 would be even worse. Every fight would be a decision and were just lowering the bar for less skilled fighters to enter

There is a lot of talent at 105, in more ways than one.

Strongly favor.

People on here hate the lighter divisions just as much as they hate WMMA so I'm not surprised by the results of this poll so far lol. For example people love 135 but want 125 gone for some reason (it's a 10lb difference). I wouldn't mind a 105lb division, a 115lb male division wouldn't be that bad either. If the UFC wants to break into the Asian market the lighter weight classes are their best chance, just look at boxing.

People don't like 125 because it is made up of mediocre strawweights and bantamweights. These gals can move divisions all they want, doesn't make them better fighters and doesn't mean they have anything to offer Valentina.

I remember before Valentina dropped and started smashing these girls there were sherdoggers that thought Nicco and Eubanks were the best fighters in the division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back