Opinion Let's have a discussion about why CNN is not a credible source.

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
Long story short, someone created a thread using CNN as a source, and my pointing out why they are known to be not trustworthy was considered derailing and I have been asked to create a new thread to show this.

Cliffs:
They were exposed by one of their own reporters as a propaganda outlet for foreign nations, literally.

And this is just one example, but something that must be understood by anyone brave enough to still believe in anything that they report.

Yes, FOX sucks too; they all do. We have come to a place where everything that comes from the MSM is part of a story. Once in a blue moon, an honest one dares to speak the truth, as above (and cough.. cough... Carl Cameron). But, in general, the whole thing is kayfabe, and they all are laughing their asses off.

Media have become so aligned in political agenda that I make a habit of going to multiple sources. I don’t trust CNN or Fox anymore, and that’s just to name a couple.

Most media have lost their impartiality a long time ago.

A good rule of thumb is, whatever the TV is telling you, the exact opposite is the truth.

And if all of the so called competitive networks are aligned on something, you are being sold something nefarious.

So you’re telling me that CNN is a propaganda network because a woman called them out on the Kremlins very own propaganda network?

A good rule of thumb is, whatever the TV is telling you, the exact opposite is the truth.
Or some truth with huge omissions and outright lies

And if all of the so called competitive networks are aligned on something, you are being sold something nefarious.
Indeed:

So you’re telling me that CNN is a propaganda network because a woman called them out on the Kremlins very own propaganda network?
No, unless CNN is the Kremlin's very own propaganda network.

Following her graduation from the University of Missouri, Lyon began reporting for KVOA in Tucson, Arizona. In October 2006, Lyon won a regional Emmy Award, from the Rocky Mountain Southwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for a late-breaking feature news item called "Fantasy". She shared the Emmy with KVOA chief photographer Paul Hanke.[5][6][7] In October 2007 she received her second regional Rocky Mountain Southwest Chapter Emmy for "best on-camera talent reporter – general assignment".[8] One month later, Lyon left KVOA to take Spanish-language immersion classes in Costa Rica and Guatemala.[9][10] In October 2008, Lyon again won the Rocky Mountain Emmy Award for best on-camera talent.[11] In June 2010, she began working for CNN, where she investigated sex trafficking, the Gulf oil spill, and the hacking collective known as Anonymous. Her investigations have focused on cultural, social, and government demonstrations and revolutions; human rights violations; sex trafficking; and environmental issues....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Lyon

I’ll be shocked if this thread sticks around

They aren't great. Their clickbait model doesn't offer the reader much and it has additionally inflamed right-wing morons to think the outlet, despite being a centrist corporate publication, is left-wing, providing them another in a long line of straw man delusions.

However, they're still better than 99% of outlets from which right-wingers get their news. Compared to Fox News, Breitbart, Daily Wire, etc., CNN is the epitome of accuracy, balance, journalistic integrity, and sincerity.

This is something I’ve lived by since 9/11. It’s almost the same when there 100% bipartisan support for some foreign policy decision.

Or some truth with huge omissions and outright lies

Indeed:

Those are local outlets owned by a corporation with a right-wing charter. And they insanely profitable because, as it turns out, locals news viewers, who tend to skew old, white, and rural, want to be pandered to with conservative fear mongering.

Want to get rid of that stuff? We'll have to start aggressively enforcing antitrust policies and delegate some (any) responsibility to conservatives to stop patronizing fake news exclusively.

So corporations thwart human freedom, truth and democracy...

Mind. Blown.

Is it even up for debate at this point? They may report a fact occasionally but it's total propaganda

Let's have a discussion about you starting too many threads.

I hope you get paid to post all this horseshit. If not you should put your shit posting skills to good use and work on Trumps 2020 re-election campaign.

Because they love bashing Bernie while acting like Kamala Harris is mother Teresa.

almost all American news is utter bullshit. You have to search for alternative sources to find some form of truth. The UK has the same issue.

Although it can be difficult to wade through all the shit to find a decent source

Leftists have most of the TV-broadcast media wrapped up. All right-wingers have is Fox for news? Fox isn't even genuine, just controlled opposition. Different flavor from the same dispenser.

Remember their softball interview with hillary clinton in 2016? they could have dragged her across the coals just by asking questions.

CNN is the epitome of accuracy, balance, journalistic integrity, and sincerity.
This is funny because you legit believe it and will dig your heels in till the end.

I think of the meme that says Trump could cure cancer, and CNN would report 10 reasons why cancer is actually a good thing. I’d really like to laugh at it like any other political joke, but I really could see that happening. That’s how sad things have become.

A positive is people get sick of Trump’s rhetoric and his contradicting himself, but also get sick of the MSM who demonize everything he does because their candidate didn’t win, as well as the parts of the population who take either side so extremely. This encourages every day people to go online and educate themselves more using all different kinds of sources which HELPS conversations.

Edit: punctuation.

They are corporate owned, that's literally all you need to know, period.

They also routinely source Twitter as a source, the most laughable shit I've ever seen

Let's have a discussion about you starting too many threads.

I hope you get paid to post all this horseshit. If not you should put your shit posting skills to good use and work on Trumps 2020 re-election campaign.

MODS...

Is this an example of Derailing? Flaming? Both?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back