Opinion Let's have a discussion about why CNN is not a credible source.

CNN fake news hiring Trump hacks. They are owned by ATT was former President Bush's biggest contributors. They even were topping many big oil companies.

Part of it is bias, part of it is having an agenda, but don't overlook naivety, ignorance, and lack of resources as powerful reasons for declining quality of major journalistic institutions.

As Ben Rhodes said, "All these newspapers used to have foreign bureaus. Now they don’t. They call us to explain to them what’s happening in Moscow and Cairo. Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing."

Obviously I dont believe literally everything the news says is a lie.

CNN is VERY biased; however, they get the facts right and are far quicker to correct inaccuracies than Fox.

We should expect every outlet to have a bias and push an agenda, that's fine--it's human nature. What we should not accept is deception, and outright lies which is mostly Fox news territory.

You claim to have a problem with CNN for being American propaganda, but then you make threads based on Sputnik articles...

Long story short, someone created a thread using CNN as a source, and my pointing out why they are known to be not trustworthy was considered derailing and I have been asked to create a new thread to show this.

Cliffs:
They were exposed by one of their own reporters as a propaganda outlet for foreign nations, literally.

And this is just one example, but something that must be understood by anyone brave enough to still believe in anything that they report.

Yes, FOX sucks too; they all do. We have come to a place where everything that comes from the MSM is part of a story. Once in a blue moon, an honest one dares to speak the truth, as above (and cough.. cough... Carl Cameron). But, in general, the whole thing is kayfabe, and they all are laughing their asses off.

FOX isn't exactly the paragon of truth themselves (I agree) since they favor Sensationalism in their stories.

That said, though, they at least put out a sprinkling of honest Truth here and there that is not present in the other Networks (at least when it comes to Trump).

They've been race baiting hard since the Trayvon case

Because they directly interfered in the last two elections on behalf of the Democrats. Candy Crowley infamously attacking Romney and defending Obama for something that wasn't true, which she later was forced to admit. And then of course leaking the debate questions to Hillary who is so unethical that she went out there and pretended like she didn't already know the questions. Media never went after her for it.

That's over and above coordinating their journalists coordinating with the campaigns of the Democratic candidates, which has probably happened in every election since the 90s. They weren't called the Clinton News Network back then for nothing.
So you blame CNN for the actions of one of their employees (who they fired afterwards), do you also blame Trump for the actions of his employees?

So you blame CNN for the actions of one of their employees (who they fired afterwards), do you also blame Trump for the actions of his employees?

Actually, in the case of the leaked debate questions, it was at least two. And Crowley wasn't fired.

It's not just the actions of one or two employees, watch CNN. They push Democratic talking points. I forgot how many of the employees were exposed by Wikileaks are coordinating with Hillary's campaign.

Actually, in the case of the leaked debate questions, it was at least two. And Crowley wasn't fired.

It's not just the actions of one or two employees, watch CNN. They push Democratic talking points. I forgot how many of the employees were exposed by Wikileaks are coordinating with Hillary's campaign.
That didn't answer the question, a simple "yes" or "no" would have been suffice.

That didn't answer the question, a simple "yes" or "no" would have been suffice.

In what sense? One of his hotel employees or one of his team being charged with process crimes in a political witch hunt? I don't blame him for Paul Manafort's committing financial crimes a decade before he ran for POTUS, no. And I don't blame CNN for such actions from employees. I do blame them for broadcasting propaganda 24/7 and pushing narrative for the Democrats. Which is exactly what they do.

In what sense? One of his hotel employees or one of his team being charged with process crimes in a political witch hunt? I don't blame him for Paul Manafort's committing financial crimes a decade before he ran for POTUS, no. And I don't blame CNN for such actions from employees. I do blame them for broadcasting propaganda 24/7 and pushing narrative for the Democrats. Which is exactly what they do.
I'm talking about the crimes committed by Manafort, Stone, Cohen, Gates etc since they began working for Trump. I will also add in Flynn since Trump was told Flynn was possibly compromised before he decided to hire him anyway. If this is a political witch hunt, Trump must have a Coven then because it sure seems to be a lot of criminal convictions coming forth from the criminals he has employed.

I'm talking about the crimes committed by Manafort, Stone, Cohen, Gates etc since they began working for Trump. I will also add in Flynn since Trump was told Flynn was possibly compromised before he decided to hire him anyway. If this is a political witch hunt, Trump must have a Coven then because it sure seems to be a lot of criminal convictions coming forth from the criminals he has employed.

Again. Process crimes that have absolutely nothing to do with anything Mueller is supposed to be investigating. Flynn is the perfect example. The FBI didn't even believe he lied, at least not on purpose and what he did apparently lie about was not even a crime, but basic transition stuff and he was set up for a perjury trap by people fired for lying by the FBI.

Compare that against Hillary and her entire senior staff like Abedin and Mills all lying to the FBI about actual crimes and getting immunity from the same people at the FBI going so hard after all of Trump's former associates in exchange for absolutely nothing.

Those are local outlets owned by a corporation with a right-wing charter. And they insanely profitable because, as it turns out, locals news viewers, who tend to skew old, white, and rural, want to be pandered to with conservative fear mongering.

Want to get rid of that stuff? We'll have to start aggressively enforcing antitrust policies and delegate some (any) responsibility to conservatives to stop patronizing fake news exclusively.
Come on Trots, they have shown leftwing social ideology, and plethora of anti-Trump reporting. They have been busted many times.

Again. Process crimes that have absolutely nothing to do with anything Mueller is supposed to be investigating. Flynn is the perfect example. The FBI didn't even believe he lied, at least not on purpose and what he did apparently lie about was not even a crime, but basic transition stuff and he was set up for a perjury trap by people fired for lying by the FBI.

Compare that against Hillary and her entire senior staff like Abedin and Mills all lying to the FBI about actual crimes and getting immunity from the same people at the FBI going so hard after all of Trump's former associates in exchange for absolutely nothing.

I can lie to you and you believe it, that doesn't make my lie any less of a lie, it just means you were mistaken for believing I was telling the truth. Same thing happened with the FBI investigators that initially investigated Flynn. Stone threatening witnesses is a process crime? Manafort laundering money and urging witnesses to give false testimony is a process crime?

Back