Let Leon Edwards Fight Masvidal to earn his title shot then

The rematch we’ve all been waiting for

No, and I hope I never learn that acting like a dick is good.

I am actually happy with fighters that keep the respect (self and for others) rather than loudmouths.

Just look at the Conor's or Ronda's... they have more haters than followers. I am actually happy Leon did not follow that path.
Because I don't know if you noticed, it is actually not for everyone.

While guys like Sonnen were actually good and funny, dumbasses like Colby are just terrible and cringe-worthy

dumb asses like Colby are going on their 2nd title shot. Leon? still waiting on his first.

i get what you're saying, and to some degree i agree. but this is prize fighting, you want to get the biggest prizes in the least amount of time, honor and integrity or not.

What does it say about the sports when all you need in order to get a title shot is "personality"?
Not fighting other contenders and proving yourself, noooooooooooooo, you need pErNaLiTy.

it sucks, but my question is, do you want to get paid or not? if he wants it to be all about skill, he picked the wrong sport.

you have to be able to adapt to the environment, and right now having a WWE type schtick is the way to go.

Dragging Jorge thru the dirt and calling him a chickenshit wouldn't have worked on anyone except Sherdoggers. Mas fought a much better fighter back to back. If he was "scared" of Leon he wouldn't fight Usman twice. There's a huge difference between not wanting to fight someone out of fear, and out of just not giving a shit because the fight does zero for you. He got to fight the champ and one of the top WW's ever TWICE and he didn't have to fight Leon. What exactly would have fighting Edwards and winning have done for him? nothing.

nothing because nobody wanted to see it. what exactly did fighting Nate Diaz do for him in the rankings? nothing, it was a pure cash grab. Leon could've made it a bigger incentive if he did his half of the promoting.

you're missing the whole point. dragging his name through the dirt and shit talking Masvidal on twitter isn't to try and coax Jorge into a fight, it's to hook the fans into wanting to see them fight. that's the world of prize fighting now. build up and hype fights on twitter.

like i said earlier, Adesanya and Jon Jones aren't even in the same weight classes but it's clear people wanted to see them fight, especially when Adesanya was undefeated. and it was all thanks to them shit talking back and forth on twitter.

dumb asses like Colby are going on their 2nd title shot. Leon? still waiting on his first.

i get what you're saying, and to some degree i agree. but this is prize fighting, you want to get the biggest prizes in the least amount of time, honor and integrity or not.
And believe me, I get what you are saying.
But (like Leon), i personally would not sell my soul like Colby is doing.
Yes, it is monetarily advantageous, but IMHO not worth it for a public person to be known as a huge dick.

My "heroes" are all respectful. Fedor, GSP, SIlva, Machida, Nog, Maia, Wonderboy, DP and so on....

IMHO it says a lot about someone if they have to portrait a huge dick to be famous... it shows they don't trust themselves enough to just be good and get to the mountaintop on merit alone.

Though of course, at the end of the day, I blame the UFC for promoting them dicks instead of the best of MMA. It may be fast profit, but it only serves to maintain the impression that fighters are brainless dickheads.
But Dana & co. are more worried about making money now rather than the status of the sport after they retire... which I understand but don't agree with :)

But overall, it is fun to discuss such things. We both understand the other side's argument.
It boils down to what one "tolerates"... and on that, I know I am a "puritan" for MMA... I accept it is not how many (if not most) view things.

Much better fight. Jorge has a worse guard than nate but is a better striker, better power in his punches and has a great killer instinct. I think Leon takes a decision still

And believe me, I get what you are saying.
But (like Leon), i personally would not sell my soul like Colby is doing.
Yes, it is monetarily advantageous, but IMHO not worth it for a public person to be known as a huge dick.

My "heroes" are all respectful. Fedor, GSP, SIlva, Machida, Nog, Maia, Wonderboy, DP and so on....

IMHO it says a lot about someone if they have to portrait a huge dick to be famous... it shows they don't trust themselves enough to just be good and get to the mountaintop on merit alone.

Though of course, at the end of the day, I blame the UFC for promoting them dicks instead of the best of MMA. It may be fast profit, but it only serves to maintain the impression that fighters are brainless dickheads.
But Dana & co. are more worried about making money now rather than the status of the sport after they retire... which I understand but don't agree with :)

But overall, it is fun to discuss such things. We both understand the other side's argument.
It boils down to what one "tolerates"... and on that, I know I am a "puritan" for MMA... I accept it is not how many (if not most) view things.

for me, in a perfect world, the way that you like things are the way things SHOULD be.

and i get what you're talking about when you said it says a lot about someone having to pretend to be a cunt to be popular, but look at Colby. he was about to be released from UFC before he started his MAGA schtick. it sucks that these guys gotta do this, but that's the world we live in today.

i don't think it's so much of the UFC promoting dicks, but the fact that the world in general finds dickheads to be intriguing, which is why Conor and so many others rise to the top as sad as that is.

It's pathetic. Leon haters will say he doesn't deserve a title shot but are against him getting an eliminator bout against jorge, his most bitter rival. Motherfuckers talk about fights not meaning anything and wanting that wwe shit. But when it comes to leon they make excuses. What bitch ass motherfucker doesn't want to see leon vs jorge? The only wankers against that fight are losses who dick ride, jorge, know he'll lose but won't admit. Shit, max is my boi. I am a max fanboi. I would not want to see him move up and fight khabib or islam because I know he'll get broken in half. I won't make excuses like it's not worth the money. I'll just straight up tell you, max will get destroyed. Jorge fanbois can't be as real as me. Jorge should just step in there and take his 50-45/48-47 like a man and stop ducking like a little child. He started this and now he has to end it. Otherwise that's a major cowardly move.

Jorge was trying to live by the street rule. Someone disrespects you, you man up…
Problem is, Mas hasn’t given Leon a chance at proving himself, which is a bitch move. Before, it made some sense as Leon didn’t have a string of wins, bu it’s been a long time since three-piece and now, Mas has to square up, otherwise he’s the real biatch.

my point is pretty obvious. he didn't push for it the way he should've. just because Masvidal ran away doesn't mean anything, that's actually better for Leon. he should've dragged Masvidal through the dirt, calling him a coward, why is he scared etc., that's how you get fights.

have you learned nothing from the past 6 years? Jon Jones isn't even in the same weight class as Adesanya and yet he constantly shits on Adesanya and Adesanya does the same. it's called building heat, and that's how you sell a fight and get a reluctant opponent to sign when he sees the dollar signs are bigger if he fights than if he doesn't.
Bruh; everyone knew about the three-piece incident, it ain’t about building heat, that shite was hot AF, but now the fight is stale, and it’s not becaus of Leon, it’s because Mas didn’t step up.
You don’t need to build up Mas vs Leon, the whole MMA world knew and I was ready to watch it unfold. It’d be like building heat for Gordon Ryan vs Andre Galvao after “The Slap”, no heat is necessary, everybody who watches the sport knows.

Bruh; everyone knew about the three-piece incident, it ain’t about building heat, that shite was hot AF, but now the fight is stale, and it’s not becaus of Leon, it’s because Mas didn’t step up.
You don’t need to build up Mas vs Leon, the whole MMA world knew and I was ready to watch it unfold. It’d be like building heat for Gordon Ryan vs Andre Galvao after “The Slap”, no heat is necessary, everybody who watches the sport knows.

the whole world knew about the incident, but the fight is only stale because Leon let it slide. and i'm not talking about "everyone who watches the sport" i'm talking about pulling in fans who aren't fans of the sport or are super casuals which is where the money is at.

you do need to build up Mas vs Leon if you don't immediately strike while the iron's hot and fight when the hype is up. if that happens you need a way to extend the hype because the world today has very short term memories. nearly every fight that has been huge in MMA has benefited from extended hyping.

the whole world knew about the incident, but the fight is only stale because Leon let it slide. and i'm not talking about "everyone who watches the sport" i'm talking about pulling in fans who aren't fans of the sport or are super casuals which is where the money is at.

you do need to build up Mas vs Leon if you don't immediately strike while the iron's hot and fight when the hype is up. if that happens you need a way to extend the hype because the world today has very short term memories. nearly every fight that has been huge in MMA has benefited from extended hyping.

No amount of hype is gonna bring in more viewers for Leon vs Mas at this point. Neither is a cross-cultural phenom or that dominant in the octagon, but, your opinion is your opinion.

Lol no, Mas
Possibly, but it will go the distance and Leon just out points hi from the outside, unless Mas keeps putting it on him and catches him late in the fight.

If Mas had Leon rocked like that, he would be like a hungry pit bull on a bone

Possibly, but it will go the distance and Leon just out points hi from the outside, unless Mas keeps putting it on him and catches him late in the fight.

If Mas had Leon rocked like that, he would be like a hungry pit bull on a bone
Without a doubt Mas' killer instinct is better than Nate's but I think Mas is avoiding Leon for a reason. I think Leon I just too good at playing it safe, especially with a 3 rounder

Give Leon his ts. This poor man gets no credit around here.

i think he was walking by him and decided to talk shit on the way. I don’t think he planned it.

like calling someone a bitch when you walk passed them in the hallway In high school.

Not many people will turn and punch you in the face.
You must have missed the video.
Jorge didn't just turn and punch him in the face after Leon talked shit. He walked over to him and asked him what he did say and Leon decided to walk up on him still talking shit.
Wasn't just a turn and punch situation

the only problem with your idea, is that Masvidal has been running from Leon ever since that day...
He was a smart businessman with his career after that day actually. Look at the fights he took, the views they got, and the money he made. Not many people knew who Leon was before that moment and even after it.

He was a smart businessman with his career after that day actually. Look at the fights he took, the views they got, and the money he made. Not many people knew who Leon was before that moment and even after it.
I don't disagree with you at all.
If anything, I am glad that a journeyman like Masvidal had a chance to cash in (after so many years not getting much for his efforts).

However, I have to point out that IMHO that fight with Leon would be huge (just because of the backstory footage UFC could use).
But then again, it obviously does not compare with a fake belt (delivered by The Rock) and two chances to become the (real) champ.
I have no problem with his choices. He did (and should always do) what's best for himself.

Back