Let Leon Edwards Fight Masvidal to earn his title shot then

for me, in a perfect world, the way that you like things are the way things SHOULD be.

and i get what you're talking about when you said it says a lot about someone having to pretend to be a cunt to be popular, but look at Colby. he was about to be released from UFC before he started his MAGA schtick. it sucks that these guys gotta do this, but that's the world we live in today.

i don't think it's so much of the UFC promoting dicks, but the fact that the world in general finds dickheads to be intriguing, which is why Conor and so many others rise to the top as sad as that is.
Oh I do see their angle.
However, let us not forget that MMA is a niche sport exactly because fighters were perceived to be meathead brawlers with no brains.
IMHO the short-term gain is not as good in the long run, as dicks like those they promote might be "popular", they are also fleeting, and they contribute to maintain the perception.

Change the stigma, and the sport can become even more popular, making it more profitable in the long run.

I don't disagree with you at all.
If anything, I am glad that a journeyman like Masvidal had a chance to cash in (after so many years not getting much for his efforts).

However, I have to point out that IMHO that fight with Leon would be huge (just because of the backstory footage UFC could use).
But then again, it obviously does not compare with a fake belt (delivered by The Rock) and two chances to become the (real) champ.
I have no problem with his choices. He did (and should always do) what's best for himself.
Agree 100 percent.
Hopefully it's the next fight and they market it properly so both tbose guys can get a big pay day from it. Drama sells more then skills it seems these days

Jorge isn't champ material and he never was.

Leon passed a big test against Nate.

Jorge was lucky they stopped his fight with Nate cause he wasn't gonna be so lucky as Leon in round 5.

Back