Leon Edwards wants RDA at UFC 242 in Abu Dhabi, said Jorge Masvidal is ducking

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Despite their tussle, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) opted not to book a fight between the two talented Welterweights, instead setting up a fight between Masvidal and Ben Askren, which is set to go down at UFC 239 on July 6, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Edwards, meanwhile, was left out in the cold. But to hear “Rocky” tell the tale, the fight was offered to “Gamebred” but turned it down.

“That was the fight to make. I think the UFC offered Masvidal the fight and he turned it down. It is what it is. I will see him again and his day will come,” said Edwards on a recent edition of The Ariel Helwani MMA Show.

“From what I have heard, they offered him the fight and he turned it down. Clearly the man don’t want this smoke. So it is what it is. I was ready to go straight away in June. They offered him the fight and he turned it down. Now here we are. I am looking for another top five and go from there.”

Of course, UFC president Dana White stated afterward it was due to Leon’s low ranking that the promotion decided to take a trip to “Funky” town, instead.

While Ben and Jorge are ready to tango in “Sin City,” Edwards is still left looking for a fight. That’s why he was quick to throw his name in the hat to fill the void left behind by Tyron Woodley against Robbie Lawler.

“Why not step up and take on a former champion like Robbie Lawler. I’m on a seven-fight win streak, so it would be good for him to redeem himself. So I thought, ‘Why not?’ Give me six weeks and I will go out there, beat him and then a title shot.”

Should he not get that fight either, Edwards -- who has gone 7-0 since 2016 -- is eyeing a 170-pound showdown against Rafael dos Anjos, who defeated Kevin Lee last Saturday night

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/5/20/...c-242-abu-dhabi-jorge-masvidal-ducked-him-mma

<mma4>

Jorge already beat Leon

Leon is a really talented fighter, hopefully he gets an opportunity to take a step up in ranking. I know he got KO'd and they don't like matching up guys who won vs a guy who lost but, I wouldn't hate him fighting Wonderboy either.

Would have no problem with it.
Would be nice to see RDA against a striker. Dudes been going against some tough wrestlers.

Wouldn't mind Leon vs. Wonderboy either.

Hard pressed to believe Jorge is ducking I mean he served up 3 piece and a soda on one occasion hed bring the super size next time

Masvidal will duck Edwards in fear of being outclassed. He never beat him. All the cheap shot jokes aren’t getting old. Eat the damn fight up. Let’s see who’s better.

Leon only calls out former LWs on twitter. Cerrone, Jorge and RDA. Does he ever actually call out any lifelong WWs?
He is one of the biggest WWs, so he is only thinking of the size advantage. He is boring af. Jorge already scarred him up for life.

Hard pressed to believe Jorge is ducking I mean he served up 3 piece and a soda on one occasion hed bring the super size next time
He’d rather take an easy fight with Askrens than a real fight with someone who could light him up.

I think this “three piece and a soda” shtick is more than just jokes. I think you bozos are literally taking any victory you can get. Funny seeing fans help a fighter duck another fighter with corny jokes. Even with the cheap shot Masvidal an about to get mauled before security intervened. We’ll see when the UFC wants to make the fight and Masvidal has to back up that big mouth of his no security involved.

Jorge pieced him up in his own backyard lmao and him being scared to get in the octagon with Leon’s boring ass

He’d rather take an easy fight with Askrens than a real fight with someone who could light him up.

I think this “three piece and a soda” shtick is more than just jokes. I think you bozos are literally taking any victory you can get. Funny seeing fans help a fighter duck another fighter with corny jokes. Even with the cheap shot Masvidal an about to get mauled before security intervened. We’ll see when the UFC wants to make the fight and Masvidal has to back up that big mouth of his no security involved.
Woooooooaaaahhh did you just say Asken is an easier fight Leon Edwards? Lol Askren just beat Robbie and is on his way to a shot soon Leons what ranked 12?

Wait im sorry didn't see your belt color and name
Shut up white belt roider lover

Woooooooaaaahhh did you just say Asken is an easier fight Leon Edwards? Lol Askren just beat Robbie and is on his way to a shot soon Leons what ranked 12?
You mean the fight where he got thrown on his head dominated and then got a fluke submission victory?

Leon would wreck RDA. Leon is like 6 feet tall. RDA would be so small to him. Leon should instead go for the title shot soon. He should call out Ponzi next.

Jorge already beat Leon

Looks like Edwards wants to upgrade from the 3 Piece on the Kids Menu, to the Double Molly Whopper, same meal Till got.

tumblr_pohfz0hsxb1r7vh24o1_400.gif

Says the white belt
I watch the fights, you YouTube them after making stupid statements in an attempt at debating, you realize you were wrong and end up feeling stupid. So your automatic response to your to your ignorance and you as a fake fan being exposed is “WHITE BELT!”. That alone makes my opinion infinitely more valid than yours.

Good day.

I watch the fights, you YouTube them after making stupid statements in an attempt at debating, you realize you were wrong and end up feeling stupid. So your automatic response to your to your ignorance and you as a fake fan being exposed is “WHITE BELT!”. That alone makes my opinion infinitely more valid than yours.

Good day.
You were probably banned for being a idiot

Back