Leon Edwards just called the BMF title...

I am really looking forward to this fight, but the bong belt is meaningless and feels like a dumb move promotionally, particularly as this fake belt is going to be put on by The Rock

Tito Santana disagrees that the IC was a journeyman's belt.

As does the greatest IC champ of all time:
giphy.gif

...a journeyman's title on Ariel's show. That's pretty damned funny. It really does make me think of the WWE Intercontinental championship or the European and Hardcore championships from back in the day. "You're a champ, but you're not THE champ."

If you think about the BMF title as a journeyman's title, it actually would be kind of neat to see it be defended. The champ could call out others for a shot, even across weight classes. It would be neat to track the lineal progression of the belt from one weight class to another and then back again.

I think I just marked out.

Your thread is...

Clickbait

Sounds salty.

maxresdefault.jpg

Must be pretty embarrassing to get pieced up by a Journeyman

You spelt sucker punched and then held back wrong. Then Mas refused to actually fight him, when Leon would be allowed to fight back.

Someone's just butthurt he's not getting a championship purse or PPV points <45>

Should call it the "fighter that people will actually pay to see fight" title

Can someone MMAmath the guy who knocked Penn out at the bar into beating Fedor?
Penn did better against machida than bader did... Bader wrecked fedor which means penn and machida which wreck fedor even easier than bader did and bar bum who KOed penn would wreck them all.

What happens when Ngannou wants to fight the winner of Diaz/Masvidal? Or when Conor who hasn’t won a fight in nearly 4 years fight the winner? Where does it stop?

Journeymen don’t deserve belts, if your not the best you shouldn’t wear gold. That’s some “everybody wins” little league shit. When do we stop making up trophies/belts for people who don’t deserve them?
Champion determines the weight class the fight will take place at.

Sounds salty.

maxresdefault.jpg

Must be pretty embarrassing to get pieced up by a Journeyman

Yeah let's forget the fact that Leon got suckerpunched. And you are moderator ? No wonder why this place is full of troll If even sherdog' staff are doing that.

I can see Masvidal knocking Leon out cold. Leon is definitely improving, but Masvidal gotten a bit better as well.

Not salty just logical. It’s a meaningless belt being fought for between two career gatekeepers, it’s a joke. Leon is a legit contender on an eight fight win streak.
A joke? Meaningless? Its the main event at MSG.

Leon needs to learn this is sports entertainment with the money making emphasis on "entertainment" Ain't nobody out here clamoring to see Leon fight. (And thats kind of a shame because like you said, he's on a decent streak right now)

You spelt sucker punched and then held back wrong. Then Mas refused to actually fight him, when Leon would be allowed to fight back.
Probably because Mas understands that this is prize fighting where the goal is to fight for the biggest prize.

Between Diaz and Edwards its not even close who the bigger prize is.

Probably because Mas understands that this is prize fighting where the goal is to fight for the biggest prize.

Between Diaz and Edwards its not even close who the bigger prize is.

I guarantee whoever wins that "belt" sells it to the highest bidder!

Back