Legacy and Woogie brotherly log

Legacy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hola mi amigos. My name is Kristian(Legacy). Im new to the site and to the art of bjj as well as lifting. I have been doing bjj on and off for the past couple of months but just made a full fledge commitment and now doing it 4 days a week along with lifting.

My brother Craig aka woogie12 on the site helps me with lifting and we both are in the same bjj class. We are both on our gyms competition team and plan on taking this very seriously.

Im trying to put on some muscle so ill be on a strict lifting schedule. Im taking Muscle Milk to help this process. I have a shake when i wake up, one at lunch, and one before i go to sleep on the days I am not at the gym. Gym days I have a shake when i wake up, before i go to the gym, when i get home from the gym, and then another before i go to sleep. Im TRYING to gain around 15lbs in muscle putting me somewhere around 135lbs.

Stats
Height-5'4
Weight-119

Schedule
Monday-Gi Jits, Lifting
Wednesday-Gi Jits, Lifting
Friday-Gi Jits, Lifting
Saturday-Team training(gi and no gi), Lifting

I plan on running with my brother when ever we both have free time.

Lifting will be as follows:
Squat:
Back squat 5x5
Front squat 3x5
Overhead squat 3x5

Pull:
Zercher deadlift 5x5 (can't do regular deads cause we don't have enough weights)
Powercleans/BOR 2,2,1,1; 3x5
Weighted pull-ups 3x5

Push:
Overhead press/push press 5x5
Bench press 3x5
Weighted dips 3x5

Craig(woogie12)-

Yeaaa I'm back from the dead, for now anyway. I brought my little big brother tambien.
I'm now 3-0 in am muay thai and training heavily in gi jiu jitsu and some more boxing as well. I'm tryna get 2 or 3 more amateur fights and do some grappling tourneys and get into am mma, we'll see.
I'm also lifting again since my brother needs to bulk up cause we're not sure if there's a low enough weightclass for him, plus it seems like a good idea anyway.
Schedule:
Monday: gi jits, boxing, sparring, squat
Tuesday: run, muay thai
Wednesday: gi jits, pull
Thursday: muay thai
Friday: gi jits, push
Saturday: sparring, gi and no-gi jits
Sunday: run

Lifting will be as follows:
Squat:
Back squat 5x5
Front squat 3x5
Overhead squat 3x5
Pull:
Zercher deadlift 5x5 (can't do regular deads cause we don't have enough weights)
Powercleans/BOR 2,2,1,1; 3x5
Weighted pull-ups 3x5
Push:
Overhead press/push press 5x5
Bench press 3x5
Weighted dips 3x5

Have some numbers already cause I been lifting for a week, but my brain is fried so I forgot them. This log is gonna be filled with lifting ish and some technique stuff, we'll see.
Laterzz.

Do you have any hot nude pics of woogie aka Craig you can post?

i have tons actually. He claims to be the Ron Burgandy of this site so i might have to sell some to high bidders.

Can you send me a taste of what is to come? You know like a gift pre-auction. Free Armenia!!

gnaarrr. i had to skip lifting tonight for boxing.

but yea we have been doing a lot of scissor sweeps in jits into armbars and keylocks from mount. then we just started working guard passes, sitting on the foot with the knee up and sliding over the knee.

doing drills and such with this.

boxing was good tonight, did a warm up, dancing and such then worked footwork with slipping and moving around the gym.

then 4x3 minute rounds of shadowboxing. focusing on speed and movement.

oh and if you didn't realise, zop is super homosecksual.

You could also do Snatch Grip Deadlifts in place of regular Deadlifts. I hear they're awesome.

alright, jits'ed and lifted tonight.

we've been working the knee up guard pass this week. focused a bit on that again tonight. i really need to work on getting my knee straight up to block as soon as their legs open. other than that i seem to be getting it.

learned the standing guard pass tonight. it's ok, i think i prefer the other, less risk that way. but things i need to work on are keeping my back straight when i stand, and standing quickly as i post my knee.

my guard is solid, tough for people to pass, they usually end up swept or submitted.

got a tourney june 21st, i'll be competing whitebelt and novice no-gi under 160 lbs.

current weight is 165, will be going up quickly since i weighed in at 155 2 weeks ago for my fight.

did pull today, however legacy was having some back issues, so i didn't want to start him on deadlifts just yet. showed him proper form for zercher and conventional deads.

high pulls:
2x5x65
1x5x75

BOR's:
3x5x135

weighted pull ups:
5xbw+10
5xbw+10
5xbw

bb curlz:
3x5x75

easing back into it so far, nowhere near my old maxes. granted i'm now 30 ish lbs lighter.

more to come, b'day dinner tomorrow so no training.

my tip is to note the details about the passes, and how you set them up. most important thing i've noticed is that if you make sure you do all the little step, the pass is easy as pie.

standing passes will eventually become essential to your game in about 2 years, cause it gets tougher to pass on your knees.

I break the guard on my knees, and always pass standing. But now i need to start breaking the guard standing. work everything like they are sure fire techniques. never half-ass a tehcnique because you don't think it clicks *now*. eventually you'll be having probems in an area and a person will bring up this old technique. If you practiced it hard, you can easily implement it now. If you practiced it without enthusiasm, you'll have a longer process to go through, you know what i mean?

You always want to train alll the moves hard and try to l earn them each well.

Did the same thing that woogie did tonight.

Had my usual shakes on my work out day schedule.

The knee up gaurd pass was tricky for me tonight for some reason. I tried to rush it to much and wasnt focusing but fixed it near the end of the drill.

The stand up gaurd pass was a little bit difficult for me since i am the smallest one in the class but still managed to do it with out any major problems.

We put it into effect with working the stand up gaurd pass from the top and bottom. One stading was suppose to complete the pass and then maintain side control. The bottom was suppose to not let this happen obviously.

I had no problem with passing gaurd while on top. I did it fairly easy with all of my partners. Being on bottom was more fun. I ended up getting 2 submissions.

My knee is busted and my back hurt tonight so jits was a little bit on the tough side but i aint going out like no bitch.

Captain woogie had me lifting tonight and this is what i did.

high pulls:
3x5x45

BOR's:
1x5x45
1x5x55
1x5x65

pull ups:
3x3

bb curlz:
2x5x45
1x5x55

This is only my 3rd day of lifting so im still working on my form and i am a tiny guy so im still coming up. I weighed 117lbs when i started and ive gain roughly 3.5lbs so far since i started with eating differently and taking the milk for the muscles.

true, thanks kaboom. i been trying to focus on every major part of the knee up pass, keeping it real slow to make sure i get it all right.

and legacy has a tougher time doing things slowly since he's used to using his speed since he is outweighed by at least 40 lbs. from everyone in the class. he's coming along strong though.

doing the techniques slowly is good. do them slow for the majority of the reps, then try to make it smoohter for the last couple of reps. Smooth doesn't mean fast, smooth means less pausing between movements.

Aim to be smooth, not fast.

Back