*Lawler Vs Ellenberger: How could Jake win this?*

I would have though Jake could have outwrestled Lawler easily a year or two ago, but after the Hendrick/Kos/Rory fights, I feel confident his TDD has been tested. Ellenberger's offense is more diverse than people give it credit for though, he can easily drop Robbie if he lands clean. Probably one of the most fun fights you could have at WW.

KO obviously, Ellenburger can knock anyone out if he lands the right strike, also if Diaz can do it then so can Jake(I'm a huge fan of Nick but he's not a power puncher).

Jake couldn't KO Lawler in the way Diaz did, not that he can't but Diaz got the KO by landing a lot of solid but not full power punches then landing perfectly as Lawler got very aggressive, he doesn't really fight like that anymore. Jake actually fights more like the young Lawler that got KOed by Nick than the current Lawler. Jake's KO loss to Kampmann and Lawler's KO loss to Nick Diaz are kind of similar now that I think about it, both got KOed by guys that aren't known as power strikers but throw accurate straight punches in volume.

It's so wierd seeing lawler as such a contender. I remember all those years when it was sad hearing him fight cause you knew he'd probably lose. Good for lawler. Lawler tko Rd 2

Jake couldn't KO Lawler in the way Diaz did, not that he can't but Diaz got the KO by landing a lot of solid but not full power punches then landing perfectly as Lawler got very aggressive, he doesn't really fight like that anymore. Jake actually fights more like the young Lawler that got KOed by Nick than the current Lawler. Jake's KO loss to Kampmann and Lawler's KO loss to Nick Diaz are kind of similar now that I think about it, both got KOed by guys that aren't known as power strikers but throw accurate straight punches in volume.
That Diaz fight was too long ago to mean anything

I think Ellenberger hits harder than Lawler. He could win this by KO.

That Diaz fight was too long ago to mean anything

I agree, but it was a poor comparison as Diaz and Jake fight nothing alike and Jake is actually more like the young Lawler that Diaz fought than current day Lawler.

Martin finished Berger with knees, not punches.

It's so wierd seeing lawler as such a contender. I remember all those years when it was sad hearing him fight cause you knew he'd probably lose. Good for lawler. Lawler tko Rd 2

He shouldn't have been at MW fighting huge grapplers like Jacare and Kennedy, I think those guys would beat the vast majority of the top 10 WWs and maybe all of them but they were very underrated and so it made people think Lawler wasn't that good.

EZ, by knockout, but I've got a feeling Robbie is itching to show what he's really made of with this Ellenberger fight. Now that he's included sparring into his game with ATT, I think the Ruthless one wants to show what he's capable of, and that he's in his prime...

Ellenberger has another thing coming if he thinks he's up to par or even better than Robbie Lawler imo. (Especially if it's boxing)

I'd love to see Lawler vs. Condit.

I want to see Condit vs. anyone and everyone.

This fight is great I can see both guys winning it, I really can't pick who wins.

Winner will be whoever punches the other guys face in more.

I also think this fight might come down to who lands a strike in a way as to hurt their opponent (liver shot or something). Could end Winner via Luck.

PELE.gif

I want to see Condit vs. anyone and everyone.

This fight is great I can see both guys winning it, I really can't pick who wins.

Winner will be whoever punches the other guys face in more.

I also think this fight might come down to who lands a strike in a way as to hurt their opponent (liver shot or something). Could end Winner via Luck.

I think Lawler is a bad match up for Condit, he could submit him because his BJJ game is good but he's too hittable and starts too slow. If they somehow both meet in a 5 round fight Condit's chances increase a lot.

Jake can KO anyone. Even Lawler. Will he though? Time will tell.

Ultimately, I see Robbie overwhelming Jake with strikes up against the cage by tko or knockout...

Yeah but he hurt him with straight punches as Ellenberger got overaggressive when he was attacking just like Diaz did to Lawler.

What the hell is your problem bro!?

Just kidding. I see what you mean.

Back