*Lawler Vs Ellenberger: How could Jake win this?*

I don't really think he can

sometimes Robby comes off point with his TDD, and then MAYBE Berger could lay n' pray him

Berger also hits pretty hard, so I guess a flash KO is possible, but I don't see him getting that, Lawler is iron chinned and pretty good with his jab and defence

1. this fight shouldn't have been made. It should be Lawler vs Diaz 2

2. I'm a massive Lawler fan but i'm worried about this one. Burger is very good and versatile. I hope if Robbie wins this he gets the credit he deserves because this is a tough one.

Why are people sleeping on Ellenburger when he had that performance against Condit? He's pretty fuckin good.

1st round ko/tko, after that he's toast and will gas as lawler takes over for a mid fight stoppage.

Ellenberger can beat anyone at WW with his power and wrestling. That said it'll come down to whos chin holds up. Both only have 1 KO loss but Lawler has been in there with the heavier hitters at higher weight classes no less, I think Lawler knocks the Burger out.

Ko or decision, I think he'll play it safe and try to grind out a decision

I don't see him KOing or (lol) submitting Robbie...

Decision is the only possibility in my opinion. Either Robbie KOs him (more likely than an Ellenberger KO win) or one of them wins a decision.

Hope lawler punches a hole through his face. Nothing against burger but I want lawler to get the win.

Early KO or decision by outwrestling Lawler, but I do think Robbie will beat him and will likely TKO or KO him. Ellenberger can be a bit wild with his strikes and he seems far less durable with a small gas tank. I think this match up favors Robbie.

Decision or KO. People around here sleep on how good Ellenberger is. He laid an egg in the rory fight but this man nearly beat Condit.

I'm not sure Lawler is the superior striker until Jake gasses.

Condit is a notoriously slow starter and doesn't have the best defense, he's got a great chin though.

Lawler is a way better striker than Jake, he's far more diverse, has better footwork and he changes his rhythm constantly, it's beautiful. Jake is very explosive and has big KO power but he's not close to as good as Robbie is on the feet, his wrestling may lessen the gap a bit though.

Condit is a notoriously slow starter and doesn't have the best defense, he's got a great chin though.

Lawler is a way better striker than Jake, he's far more diverse, has better footwork and he changes his rhythm constantly, it's beautiful. Jake is very explosive and has big KO power but he's not close to as good as Robbie is on the feet, his wrestling may lessen the gap a bit though.

I think Jake's hand speed is far above Lawlers, the dude can close distance with a powerful right hook faster than anyone i've ever seen.

Dirty boxing, clinching against the fence, and throwing bombs when coming out of the clinch.

Jake will gas if he repeatedly tries to take Robbie down and keep him down. He can hang with Robbie standing, but would probably lose out to Lawler's more versatile attack.

He hurt Condit doing the same thing. I am probably Ellenberger's biggest fan, but Lawler is his toughest matchup in the top 5 IMO.

I hate that one of these guys has to lose.

If ever there was a 50/50 fight this is it IMO. Both guys have KO power and like to go for the finish. Jake has the wrestling edge but Lawler has the ability to stay on his feet. Should be a fantastic fight stylistically.

The only thing that would be a shock would be a submission. By either guy. Jake actually has more tools than Robbie. But Lawler has much improved TD defense. And Jake might find himself either being too tentative again or trying so hard not to be that he gets reckless and gets knocked out. But I see this fight going much like the Lawler/Hendrix fight where it wouldn't surprise me if both guys get rocked and it comes down to the final round. Gonna be a great fight

I think Jake's hand speed is far above Lawlers, the dude can close distance with a powerful right hook faster than anyone i've ever seen.

Yeah, that's what I meant by explosive, quick bursts of speed, it's also why he gasses in many fights. I think Lawler's superior versatility, footwork, timing and broken rhythm will be too much for Jake though. I think this is going to be a bit similar to Kampmann vs Ellenberger only Lawler won't get hurt before he finishes Jake. Lawler also throws combos, Jake is more of a one big punch at a time guy.

KO obviously, Ellenburger can knock anyone out if he lands the right strike, also if Diaz can do it then so can Jake(I'm a huge fan of Nick but he's not a power puncher).

Back