Lawler vs Askren? C'mon Red Goof, really?

Ben won fair and square. He showed tremendous heart after getting slammed and gnp'd. It was amazing how quickly he got the submission after that. Lawler was out for a moment, and if not, there was still 100 seconds left. Ben wasnt letting go. If the round had played out and somehow Robbie didn't die, it would have been a clear 10/9 for Askren.

I mean, were there calls for a Fedor vs Randleman rematch because Fedor got slammed and then came back to win by submission?
Yeh, thats what everyone thought after it was over, it wasnt a controversial ending at all....oh wait
{<jordan}

Ben would have burned his arms out trying to finish Robbie with a half-assed bulldog choke. Any informed intelligent fan knows the truth.

Ben won fair and square. He showed tremendous heart after getting slammed and gnp'd. It was amazing how quickly he got the submission after that. Lawler was out for a moment, and if not, there was still 100 seconds left. Ben wasnt letting go. If the round had played out and somehow Robbie didn't die, it would have been a clear 10/9 for Askren.

I mean, were there calls for a Fedor vs Randleman rematch because Fedor got slammed and then came back to win by submission?
10-9 Askren based off a neck lock that doesnt get to finish the fight? That fight could had been stopped when Lawler was pouring on Askren on the ground, easy 10-9 Lawler.

Lawler desperately needs a couple of high light reel wins.

He's now 1-3 in his last 4.

Let him punch Mike Perry's lights out.

I like the match up.
Perry is due for a signature win.
Time for the old Warhorse Lawler to get These Blackbelt Hands Boiiiiii

I want to see Askren vs someone else as well. since Usman is already fighting Colby how about Askren vs Dos Anjos ?? Or Askren vs Masvidal ?But that would be an easy win for Askren Imo.

More people had Erik Reyes losing his last fight than winning, are we going to make him run his fight back too?
You can say that about every split decision ever. The ref didnt fuck up there, like he did in the Askren v Lawler fight...ref fucks up = rematch

I have started to think that now that Dana has seen what kind of numbers Askren is able to pull he's actually doing this as a FAVOR to Ben! Ben was a -300 favorite in the first fight against Lawler and he'll be a -300 favorite again. Easy payday now that Ben has Robbie figured out.

agreed. he woke back up when he let loose the grip. Peoples arms just dont go limp and bounce off the canvas for no reason

Yeh, thats what everyone thought after it was over, it wasnt a controversial ending at all....oh wait
{<jordan}

While watching it live, I shouted “he slept him,wow!!” Then robbie got up kinda waving his hands. Herb made a good call on the spot. In the relplays..... after the slow motion and talking about it. It kinda looks like a bad call but right in the heat of the moment herb made the right call.. robbie looked to have fallen asleep.

Askren is too old for this rematch shit. He won fair and square, give him a higher ranked opponent so that he may fight for the belt before he becomes a grandpa and retires.

While watching it live, I shouted “he slept him,wow!!” Then robbie got up kinda waving his hands. Herb made a good call on the spot. In the relplays..... after the slow motion and talking about it. It kinda looks like a bad call but right in the heat of the moment herb made the right call.. robbie looked to have fallen asleep.
If Herb stopped the fight right when Robbie's arm dropped then you have a point, but he didnt....he went to check Robbie's arm to see if it was limp, Robbie clearly responded by moving and giving a thumb up, hence he wasnt out and Herb still stopped the fight. Herb could have stopped the fight when Robbie was landing bombs on Askren, Askren was flash KO'd at least twice with his head bouncing off the canvas

"Ben" there done that - don't need a replay

Dana really has it in for Askren and given how popular both Lawler and Askren are, he's really doing the fans a disservice.

So many crystal ball experts in here. "Ben would have tired himself out without the R1 finish" "Ben would have finished in R1" "Robbie would have won round with his vicious opening"

Both sides are guessing. The only thing we know for sure is Herb badly fucked up and it's only right they run it back.

Back